Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1430

post #21436 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

 

I got some gifts from a girl at work from Shanghai:

 

 

This looks very attractive, could you please identify it for me? Thanks.

post #21437 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

Wait... so you'd get the COPs even though you don't like their sound?!?! LOL!!

 

I've owned things I don't like. Maybe just to work out how much I don't like them I guess.

post #21438 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Good luck on your moving-away sale a_rec. I wish I have the money to get the Z1000 or the Beyer COP (even though I don't like the sound on any setting at all. :P )

Wait... so you'd get the COPs even though you don't like their sound?!?! LOL!!


Erm... why?!?!

The same underlying reason why I want a CIEM with custom artwork faceplate, or why I want any VModa headphones: put anime on them.
post #21439 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

 

I've owned things I don't like. Maybe just to work out how much I don't like them I guess.

 

Me too but I try to get rid of them and never look back (especially if I have already tried it and didn't like it...)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


The same underlying reason why I want a CIEM with custom artwork faceplate, or why I want any VModa headphones: put anime on them.

 

lol. Got it. :)

post #21440 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

Me too but I try to get rid of them and never look back (especially if I have already tried it and didn't like it...)

 

I'm in that process now :3

 

Honestly it's sort of liberating. I could take all this money and just buy one amazing flagship or something. It's an odd feeling.

post #21441 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

This looks very attractive, could you please identify it for me? Thanks.

It's at my work, but it's a bookmark in a goldenish color. I still haven't even decided if I want to open it. It looks so beautiful, and sometimes those things are better left in their bags. It's from Fudan University, where this Shanghaian girl went to Uni. Oh, by the way, I'm her mentor at our University -- researchers, PhD students and such need mentors who can help them with different stuff (not necessarily science related). She's the cutie with huge glasses.

 

Unrelated news:

 

I RAN MY FIRST 10K YESTERDAY!!! I was almost in tears from happiness, guys. My friggin' FIRST 10K!!! In my whole life! I've never been an endurance runner.. Not even in the army. We were endurance walkers with 50 kg of weaponry and such, but we almost never ran... But yesterday, oh it's so beautiful!

 

Oh, and today I'll try to buy my first kettlebell:

 

I think one rubberized just for the better grip and because I love that green color. I've been in talks with my "trainer", and we've decided that I'll go 20 kg. If they aren't nice in person, I'll just get a black standard iron one.


Edited by Coq de Combat - Yesterday at 10:06 pm
post #21442 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 
 

It's at my work, but it's a bookmark in a goldenish color. I still haven't even decided if I want to open it. It looks so beautiful, and sometimes those things are better left in their bags. It's from Fudan University, where this Shanghaian girl went to Uni. Oh, by the way, I'm her mentor at our University -- researchers, PhD students and such need mentors who can help them with different stuff (not necessarily science related). She's the cutie with huge glasses.

 

Unrelated news:

 

I RAN MY FIRST 10K YESTERDAY!!! I was almost in tears from happiness, guys. My friggin' FIRST 10K!!! In my whole life! I've never been an endurance runner.. Not even in the army. We were endurance walkers with 50 kg of weaponry and such, but we almost never ran... But yesterday, oh it's so beautiful!

 

 

Thanks for illuminating the gift...lovely it is! Though:sigh: she does not appear in your post with or without glasses.

 

CONGRATS on that 10k!!!

:beerchug:

post #21443 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

It's at my work, but it's a bookmark in a goldenish color. I still haven't even decided if I want to open it. It looks so beautiful, and sometimes those things are better left in their bags. It's from Fudan University, where this Shanghaian girl went to Uni. Oh, by the way, I'm her mentor at our University -- researchers, PhD students and such need mentors who can help them with different stuff (not necessarily science related). She's the cutie with huge glasses.

Unrelated news:




I RAN MY FIRST 10K YESTERDAY!!! I was almost in tears from happiness, guys. My friggin' FIRST 10K!!! In my whole life! I've never been an endurance runner.. Not even in the army. We were endurance walkers with 50 kg of weaponry and such, but we almost never ran... But yesterday, oh it's so beautiful!

Oh, and today I'll try to buy my first kettlebell:



I think one rubberized just for the better grip and because I love that green color. I've been in talks with my "trainer", and we've decided that I'll go 20 kg. If they aren't nice in person, I'll just get a black standard iron one.

Don't think I've ever run 10K, max I've ever done is 5 and that was way back in high school, I envy your fitness! I hate to think how little distance I could run now....

In other new I secured a job as an architect! Well when I say secured there is of course a trail period, and chances are I will be competing against another graduate so I better watch my back lol.
post #21444 of 21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

 

I RAN MY FIRST 10K YESTERDAY!!!

 

Great job, mate!

 

Ever looked into getting a fitness band thing? Like the Jawbone UP or Fitbit? I think Nike make one also.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2