Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1425  

post #21361 of 21761



I don't usually go nuts over watches, but this one is amazing. It weighs almost nothing (some feathers weigh more than this thing) and I think it looks nice too. Definitely a daily wear for me.
Edited by Magick Man - 4/1/14 at 1:34pm
post #21362 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

I've decided to quit head-fi to become a Pokemon Master for Google:

 

Using Pokemon Yellow as an integrated programming environment sounds more interesting to me. (via Accidentally Turing-Complete, which also says that the original Magic: The Gathering card game is also Turing-complete)

post #21363 of 21761
Unsurprising turn of events: considering how sparse my resume is, and my excellence in forgetting what the balls I learned in uni, I did not pass the interview. Even with this realization, it's still depressing, especially that it's entirely my fault.
post #21364 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Unsurprising turn of events: considering how sparse my resume is, and my excellence in forgetting what the balls I learned in uni, I did not pass the interview. Even with this realization, it's still depressing, especially that it's entirely my fault.
The thing with interviews is its easy to take it personally but it's not really about whether or not you are capable. You did not "fail" the interview. Look to the next opportunity. I know what it's like but you must not doubt yourself.
post #21365 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Unsurprising turn of events: considering how sparse my resume is, and my excellence in forgetting what the balls I learned in uni, I did not pass the interview. Even with this realization, it's still depressing, especially that it's entirely my fault.

 

Awww. :[ Did you get any feedback from the interview?

post #21366 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Unsurprising turn of events: considering how sparse my resume is, and my excellence in forgetting what the balls I learned in uni, I did not pass the interview. Even with this realization, it's still depressing, especially that it's entirely my fault.
I use to be head of recruiting among other things in my former conpany. I interviewed hundreds of people. The success of an interview is based on several factors. The first one being how prepared you are. It is an exercise like any other and if you worked hard on it you will seem much more solid and confident. The second one is if the interviewer is having a bad day and you are just boring him even more...be a bit original and honest. Others factors like how urgently they need someone come into play. But honestly, prepare the interview. List potential questions and traps and prepare well build and credible answers, then test them with people you know who have experience.
post #21367 of 21761
Since were talking about interview processes here's a funny one for you guys. A couple of decades ago my buddy landed an interview for a junior draftsman position at a bus manufacturing place. According to him the woman who interviewed him was a complete babe. At the end if the interview he took his resume back underlined his phone number and blurted out "call me later I want to take you out for drinks." Needless to say he didn't get hired. He was so stuck up about himself he walked around complaining how she was unfair. I tell ya, some people just have no clue how to act during certain situations.
post #21368 of 21761

Randomly, some of you might be interested in examining the den of iniquity that is my bedroom at the moment:

 

post #21369 of 21761

Of course we are! :D 

 

Update: I'm cafeside and it's WAY 2 Noisy for me to delight in your most wonderful vid.

Gotta wait 'til I get home later tonight. :mad: 


Edited by Silent One - 4/2/14 at 6:00pm
post #21370 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post




I don't usually go nuts over watches, but this one is amazing. It weighs almost nothing (some feathers weigh more than this thing) and I think it looks nice too. Definitely a daily wear for me.

Titanium?

My daily watch isn't exactly light so I know what you mean, but I kind of like knowing that it's still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Randomly, some of you might be interested in examining the den of iniquity that is my bedroom at the moment:

That was actually the first one I watched. Don't know why I decided it would be that one. Maybe it was like reading a short story by a novelist to get a feel for their style and prose before diving into a full work.

I'm kicking myself for not getting the Nighthawk a couple of days ago at 25% off. I want to say because I want the supposedly great range, which I need, for the same reasons as yours, but I'd be lying if it wasn't partly because I'm a sucker for things that look like they came out of Skunk Works.
Edited by vwinter - 4/2/14 at 6:27pm
post #21371 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Of course we are! biggrin.gif  

Update: I'm cafeside and it's WAY 2 Noisy for me to delight in your most wonderful vid.
Gotta wait 'til I get home later tonight. mad.gif  

Please don't burst with antici







pation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Titanium?

I'm kicking myself for not getting the Nighthawk a couple of days ago at 25% off. I want to say because I want the supposedly great range, which I need, for the same reasons as yours, but I'd be lying if it wasn't partly because I'm a sucker for things that look like they came out of Skunk Works.

Well if you start at the most recent video they can only get progressively worse haha.

And I would be lying if I didn't concede that the design of that thing wasn't a major appeal. However it is seriously seriously massive..
post #21372 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

The thing with interviews is its easy to take it personally but it's not really about whether or not you are capable. You did not "fail" the interview. Look to the next opportunity. I know what it's like but you must not doubt yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Awww. :[ Did you get any feedback from the interview?

It's not too doomy and gloomy. I did get advice what's wrong with my resume, and how else can I can be prepared for an interview.
Warning: Depressing RL. I do want to be sincerely sorry for this... (Click to show)
Thing is, I don't think I want to be in engineering career, but then I felt that would be wasting all my 5 years of time, scholarship and depression. I don't even have a Plan B. I don't have any drive at all, and any that I had was stomped by my dad.

I think the most obvious way forward is to talk to my dad about this. It's not daunting or anything, but my upbringing and believes makes me conflicted to speak up against my parents, and I tend to keep everything to myself. I can't (don't( trust anyone that I can spill everything on, since my thinking is that if I don't want to be burdened by other people's problem, then I'm sure other people don't want to be burdened by my problem.

Maybe I should write a journal or something. I kind of already did here, but every character that I typed as a "journal" here, instead of sharing audio related stuff or something, I feel guilty. I hate the idea of people pinning their hopes on me; that's some huge responsibility and trust I have to keep track of. I'm disgusted at myself for not moving at all. I'm disgusted that I don't have the spirit and drive to fix this, and the more I linger on the possibility that I have breached the trust and hope people pinned on me, the more that I am paralyzed.

One good thing of my overbearing empathy is that ... I know that ending it all right now won't solve anything; for me - I'm going to suffer more in the afterlife with zero chance of redemption, for people around me - I would assume they would probably blame themselves on how they pushed to a bad end, and will just cause too much more unneeded grief. I guess anyone could have gleaned and guessed that I may be a theist, and guessed what religion it is. Psychologically, maybe I really should get back to God. Even thinking of that already teared me up a bit, but...

I apologize for the depressing spill.

Just read tom's review on the Custom Art 2-driver CIEM. I'm interested in it. I should check how much it costs. In other interest news, WP8.1 seems to be shaping up to be awesomer. Almost enough to make me want to drop my Nokia 808 PV and forget about Android.
Edited by jgray91 - 4/2/14 at 9:42pm
post #21373 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

Randomly, some of you might be interested in examining the den of iniquity that is my bedroom at the moment:

 

 

Wait... did we just receive an extensive tour of your room only for you to exclude your wallet @ the 3 minute mark? :tongue_smile: 

 

Thanks for taking time to give us all a personal tour of your space. It was if 'Silent One' was standing right there in the room... you're good!

:beerchug:

post #21374 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post
 
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

The thing with interviews is its easy to take it personally but it's not really about whether or not you are capable. You did not "fail" the interview. Look to the next opportunity. I know what it's like but you must not doubt yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Awww. :[ Did you get any feedback from the interview?

It's not too doomy and gloomy. I did get advice what's wrong with my resume, and how else can I can be prepared for an interview. Warning: Depressing RL. I do want to be sincerely sorry for this... (Click to show)
Thing is, I don't think I want to be in engineering career, but then I felt that would be wasting all my 5 years of time, scholarship and depression. I don't even have a Plan B. I don't have any drive at all, and any that I had was stomped by my dad.

I think the most obvious way forward is to talk to my dad about this. It's not daunting or anything, but my upbringing and believes makes me conflicted to speak up against my parents, and I tend to keep everything to myself. I can't (don't( trust anyone that I can spill everything on, since my thinking is that if I don't want to be burdened by other people's problem, then I'm sure other people don't want to be burdened by my problem.

Maybe I should write a journal or something. I kind of already did here, but every character that I typed as a "journal" here, instead of sharing audio related stuff or something, I feel guilty. I hate the idea of people pinning their hopes on me; that's some huge responsibility and trust I have to keep track of. I'm disgusted at myself for not moving at all. I'm disgusted that I don't have the spirit and drive to fix this, and the more I linger on the possibility that I have breached the trust and hope people pinned on me, the more that I am paralyzed.

One good thing of my overbearing empathy is that ... I know that ending it all right now won't solve anything; for me - I'm going to suffer more in the afterlife with zero chance of redemption, for people around me - I would assume they would probably blame themselves on how they pushed to a bad end, and will just cause too much more unneeded grief. I guess anyone could have gleaned and guessed that I may be a theist, and guessed what religion it is. Psychologically, maybe I really should get back to God. Even thinking of that already teared me up a bit, but...

I apologize for the depressing spill.

Just read tom's review on the Custom Art 2-driver CIEM. I'm interested in it. I should check how much it costs. In other interest news, WP8.1 seems to be shaping up to be awesomer. Almost enough to make me want to drop my Nokia 808 PV and forget about Android.

 

I think it's ok that you do not want an engineering career. Yet, your education will still afford you a solid foundation in other fields. It'll come to you...


Edited by Silent One - 4/2/14 at 10:52pm
post #21375 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post  Randomly, some of you might be interested in examining the den of iniquity that is my bedroom at the moment:

 

DAISO is a godsend.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post  Titanium? My daily watch isn't exactly light so I know what you mean, but I kind of like knowing that it's still there.

 

The RuF edition CTR3 is indeed cased in Titanium. I have my eye on Omega's anti-magnetic AT, and while it's not something I can conceivably afford at this moment, I do actually have a 'use' for it, considering the amount of time I spend around MRIs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post  Just read tom's review on the Custom Art 2-driver CIEM. I'm interested in it. I should check how much it costs.

 

Not mine. SGS did it. I've yet even to get impressions for mine. No time.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2