- 6,341 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading Koss amp Last post on 3/20/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1402post #21016 of 214182/26/14 at 8:16amBack in the day I used to crack up at Decters Laboratory. That cartoon ended way before it's time.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21017 of 214182/26/14 at 3:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by billybob_jcv
There is a long tradition of this in animation that goes back pretty much to the origins. Watch very old Popeye, Oswald the Rabbit, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, etc and you will see a lot of content that wasn't aimed at children.
I was going to say the Felix the cat really isn't a kids show. At all. then I saw that you had linked an older one, which I didn't know existed. Thanks for that. Felix the cat from the 70's (?) is one of my absolute favorite cartoons. I used to watch it (and Cheech and Chong movies) with my uncle while smoking pot, good memories.
Anyways, yeah, cartoons and animated movies often do have references for adults. I remember those kinds of references running rather wild in the Ice Age movies, but I may be mistaken. The worst one (or best one, if you're like me) was Wreck-it Ralph though. If you were born early enough to have some experience with 80's and 90's video games, then that movie is a nostalgia galore -- deluxe edition. I mean, what other movie has Sonic, Pacman, that bartender game, and so on and so forth? There's just too many references to old video games to even try to namedrop. None of which kids of today would even understand. I tried explaining to Frank, but I guess memories and nostalgia aren't easily transferred through generations, LOL
As for modern cartoon shows, I really dig Frisky Dingo (it got cancelled though), venture bros, Adventure Time, Drawn Together, Archer, Futurama ... I suppose none of them are really meant for kids, except Adventure Time.
From one thing to another, I got delivery:
200 capsules of Nespresso (50 Masala Chai capsules aren't in the picture), 40 cans of Snus. Guess who's a lucky addict.
Oh, and I got some "medication" yesterday as well -- two months worth of different kinds of benso and stuff.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/26/14 at 3:55pmpost #21018 of 214182/26/14 at 5:04pmQuote:
Still and all, it sounds like the answer to your thoughts. There's at least one researcher in your lab who is interested in working with you.
You should take the opportunity while you can. Well, actually, you should start by discussing what the associate prof. had in mind, both with regards to his research and to your part in it. Working at research design and data analysis is a whole different thing from doing support work. You might like it more than what you're doing now. Worst case seems to me that you make your best effort, decide that it's not for you, and you can safely return to what you're currently doing, albeit with a greater understanding of the research and scholarship that your work supports.post #21019 of 214182/27/14 at 12:01am
I gotta say, my first impressions are like how I felt about the AKG K550 and the K701 - I can tell that this is a well executed, detailed sounding headphone - but there is something about the mids that I just am not really enjoying. It's this kind of zazzy dry texture that adds a sizzle to everything and to which I seem particularly sensitive to. It's not terrible on the K612 and I definitely think it's quite a good headphone, just not my cup of tea.
I guess I just love the easygoing nature of the MA900 with its subdued (but not swampy and rolled off) treble. I think I should probably buy some spare pairs of the MA900 since I adore it so much.
It seems like I have a thing for the Sennheiser house sound (the MA900 sounds remarkably like the lost Japanese cousin of some HD5XX or HD6XX series headphone).
I'm actually kind of happy because this helps me narrow down my purchasing decisions. Assuming that the K812 is tuned in a similar way, that's another headphone to cross off the list!post #21020 of 214182/27/14 at 12:06amSpeaking of cartoons that meant more to a more mature audience, try (if you can find it) Samurai Jack. Best non-anime anime. Hell, I'd say it's up there with my god-tier favourite anime shows.post #21021 of 214182/27/14 at 12:21amQuote:
+1 on this...was amazed at the quality of this cartoon.post #21022 of 214182/27/14 at 12:30ampost #21023 of 214182/27/14 at 6:17amQuote:Yeah, that's the problem with trying to go legit. You want to but they either make it really difficult to use said product after getting it... (always on internet connection, DRM, etc) or they don't produce enough of it so it's either spend a ton and/or trying to win it on eBay. Just makes you want to visit the Bay of Pirates for all your goods.
Decided to throw on an Asian Kung-Fu Generation album on my morning walk, haven't listened to it in a while. Brought back a lot of memories of jrock albums that I had, that I wish I still had. It might be sitting on a hard drive somewhere but I no longer have a desktop workstation to plug it into so I gotta find a cheap IDE enclosure, but the Frugal Asian Side is telling me that it's going to be a waste of money because I'd only use it just for that one purpose and not use it ever again. Maybe someone locally has one that I can borrow.......post #21024 of 214182/27/14 at 9:01ampost #21025 of 214182/27/14 at 9:21ampost #21026 of 214182/27/14 at 1:10pmQuote:
Num Heavy Metallic is still in my all time faves a decade later. I really like to listen to Ling To****e Shigure these days, really reminds me of At the Drive In.post #21027 of 214182/27/14 at 5:58pmpost #21028 of 214182/27/14 at 6:23pmpost #21029 of 214182/27/14 at 7:54pmpost #21030 of 214182/27/14 at 11:21pmI have a huge thing for Space Jam. I'm not too big on basketball, so I have none of the kind of fascination associated with the movie (and the theme song) and then the ensuing mythologization (hell, there was even RPG involving Jordan and Barkley, with a Kickstarter sort-of sequel of said game. Wish I was into basketball to get the massive mythology, but alas). But one thing I know is that I love how the song sounds:
Or at least the core of it. The beat is, to my taste, kind of boring. But the lyrics carried it for me. Also the nostalgic association that I may have watched it at some point during my childhood (we almost always got movies here very late, 2 years late or something; and if it's popular enough, the channels here would probably reair them).
But in the eyes of the internet, the basic, easy beat of the song makes it prime sampling candidate, a la Guile's theme. And thus, my obsession for Space Jam remixes and arranges with various anime songs, soundtrack, etc.
Some of my favourites:
Also the ensuing hilarity of Jordan's and Barkley's faces in anime wwwwwwwwwwwww. The reactions are either "lololololololololololololololololololol" or "GAH MY EYES GOD WHY" which adds to the enjoyment. And especially the anime quotes that people do by replacing certain words with b-ball related jargon.
Of course, then there's something like this:
and elevated it to a whole new level.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hello from Missouri 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › best headphone/amp combo for Classical. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › CLEANING URBANEARS PLATTAN?????? 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob