- 6,597 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? Last post on 7/12/14 at 7:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1402
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a long tradition of this in animation that goes back pretty much to the origins. Watch very old Popeye, Oswald the Rabbit, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, etc and you will see a lot of content that wasn't aimed at children.
I was going to say the Felix the cat really isn't a kids show. At all. then I saw that you had linked an older one, which I didn't know existed. Thanks for that. Felix the cat from the 70's (?) is one of my absolute favorite cartoons. I used to watch it (and Cheech and Chong movies) with my uncle while smoking pot, good memories.
Anyways, yeah, cartoons and animated movies often do have references for adults. I remember those kinds of references running rather wild in the Ice Age movies, but I may be mistaken. The worst one (or best one, if you're like me) was Wreck-it Ralph though. If you were born early enough to have some experience with 80's and 90's video games, then that movie is a nostalgia galore -- deluxe edition. I mean, what other movie has Sonic, Pacman, that bartender game, and so on and so forth? There's just too many references to old video games to even try to namedrop. None of which kids of today would even understand. I tried explaining to Frank, but I guess memories and nostalgia aren't easily transferred through generations, LOL
As for modern cartoon shows, I really dig Frisky Dingo (it got cancelled though), venture bros, Adventure Time, Drawn Together, Archer, Futurama ... I suppose none of them are really meant for kids, except Adventure Time.
From one thing to another, I got delivery:
200 capsules of Nespresso (50 Masala Chai capsules aren't in the picture), 40 cans of Snus. Guess who's a lucky addict.
Oh, and I got some "medication" yesterday as well -- two months worth of different kinds of benso and stuff.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/26/14 at 3:55pm
Still and all, it sounds like the answer to your thoughts. There's at least one researcher in your lab who is interested in working with you.
You should take the opportunity while you can. Well, actually, you should start by discussing what the associate prof. had in mind, both with regards to his research and to your part in it. Working at research design and data analysis is a whole different thing from doing support work. You might like it more than what you're doing now. Worst case seems to me that you make your best effort, decide that it's not for you, and you can safely return to what you're currently doing, albeit with a greater understanding of the research and scholarship that your work supports.
I gotta say, my first impressions are like how I felt about the AKG K550 and the K701 - I can tell that this is a well executed, detailed sounding headphone - but there is something about the mids that I just am not really enjoying. It's this kind of zazzy dry texture that adds a sizzle to everything and to which I seem particularly sensitive to. It's not terrible on the K612 and I definitely think it's quite a good headphone, just not my cup of tea.
I guess I just love the easygoing nature of the MA900 with its subdued (but not swampy and rolled off) treble. I think I should probably buy some spare pairs of the MA900 since I adore it so much.
It seems like I have a thing for the Sennheiser house sound (the MA900 sounds remarkably like the lost Japanese cousin of some HD5XX or HD6XX series headphone).
I'm actually kind of happy because this helps me narrow down my purchasing decisions. Assuming that the K812 is tuned in a similar way, that's another headphone to cross off the list!
Decided to throw on an Asian Kung-Fu Generation album on my morning walk, haven't listened to it in a while. Brought back a lot of memories of jrock albums that I had, that I wish I still had. It might be sitting on a hard drive somewhere but I no longer have a desktop workstation to plug it into so I gotta find a cheap IDE enclosure, but the Frugal Asian Side is telling me that it's going to be a waste of money because I'd only use it just for that one purpose and not use it ever again. Maybe someone locally has one that I can borrow.......
Num Heavy Metallic is still in my all time faves a decade later. I really like to listen to Ling To****e Shigure these days, really reminds me of At the Drive In.
Or at least the core of it. The beat is, to my taste, kind of boring. But the lyrics carried it for me. Also the nostalgic association that I may have watched it at some point during my childhood (we almost always got movies here very late, 2 years late or something; and if it's popular enough, the channels here would probably reair them).
But in the eyes of the internet, the basic, easy beat of the song makes it prime sampling candidate, a la Guile's theme. And thus, my obsession for Space Jam remixes and arranges with various anime songs, soundtrack, etc.
Some of my favourites:
Also the ensuing hilarity of Jordan's and Barkley's faces in anime wwwwwwwwwwwww. The reactions are either "lololololololololololololololololololol" or "GAH MY EYES GOD WHY" which adds to the enjoyment. And especially the anime quotes that people do by replacing certain words with b-ball related jargon.
Of course, then there's something like this:
and elevated it to a whole new level.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › CEntrance i5 1 minute ago
- › Huge Bluetooth Comparison (Bose, Plantronics, Beats, Philips,... 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Gah. 'Audiophile' USB Cable. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 6 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)