- 6,637 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1402
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a long tradition of this in animation that goes back pretty much to the origins. Watch very old Popeye, Oswald the Rabbit, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, etc and you will see a lot of content that wasn't aimed at children.
I was going to say the Felix the cat really isn't a kids show. At all. then I saw that you had linked an older one, which I didn't know existed. Thanks for that. Felix the cat from the 70's (?) is one of my absolute favorite cartoons. I used to watch it (and Cheech and Chong movies) with my uncle while smoking pot, good memories.
Anyways, yeah, cartoons and animated movies often do have references for adults. I remember those kinds of references running rather wild in the Ice Age movies, but I may be mistaken. The worst one (or best one, if you're like me) was Wreck-it Ralph though. If you were born early enough to have some experience with 80's and 90's video games, then that movie is a nostalgia galore -- deluxe edition. I mean, what other movie has Sonic, Pacman, that bartender game, and so on and so forth? There's just too many references to old video games to even try to namedrop. None of which kids of today would even understand. I tried explaining to Frank, but I guess memories and nostalgia aren't easily transferred through generations, LOL
As for modern cartoon shows, I really dig Frisky Dingo (it got cancelled though), venture bros, Adventure Time, Drawn Together, Archer, Futurama ... I suppose none of them are really meant for kids, except Adventure Time.
From one thing to another, I got delivery:
200 capsules of Nespresso (50 Masala Chai capsules aren't in the picture), 40 cans of Snus. Guess who's a lucky addict.
Oh, and I got some "medication" yesterday as well -- two months worth of different kinds of benso and stuff.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/26/14 at 3:55pm
Still and all, it sounds like the answer to your thoughts. There's at least one researcher in your lab who is interested in working with you.
You should take the opportunity while you can. Well, actually, you should start by discussing what the associate prof. had in mind, both with regards to his research and to your part in it. Working at research design and data analysis is a whole different thing from doing support work. You might like it more than what you're doing now. Worst case seems to me that you make your best effort, decide that it's not for you, and you can safely return to what you're currently doing, albeit with a greater understanding of the research and scholarship that your work supports.
I gotta say, my first impressions are like how I felt about the AKG K550 and the K701 - I can tell that this is a well executed, detailed sounding headphone - but there is something about the mids that I just am not really enjoying. It's this kind of zazzy dry texture that adds a sizzle to everything and to which I seem particularly sensitive to. It's not terrible on the K612 and I definitely think it's quite a good headphone, just not my cup of tea.
I guess I just love the easygoing nature of the MA900 with its subdued (but not swampy and rolled off) treble. I think I should probably buy some spare pairs of the MA900 since I adore it so much.
It seems like I have a thing for the Sennheiser house sound (the MA900 sounds remarkably like the lost Japanese cousin of some HD5XX or HD6XX series headphone).
I'm actually kind of happy because this helps me narrow down my purchasing decisions. Assuming that the K812 is tuned in a similar way, that's another headphone to cross off the list!
Decided to throw on an Asian Kung-Fu Generation album on my morning walk, haven't listened to it in a while. Brought back a lot of memories of jrock albums that I had, that I wish I still had. It might be sitting on a hard drive somewhere but I no longer have a desktop workstation to plug it into so I gotta find a cheap IDE enclosure, but the Frugal Asian Side is telling me that it's going to be a waste of money because I'd only use it just for that one purpose and not use it ever again. Maybe someone locally has one that I can borrow.......
Num Heavy Metallic is still in my all time faves a decade later. I really like to listen to Ling To****e Shigure these days, really reminds me of At the Drive In.
Or at least the core of it. The beat is, to my taste, kind of boring. But the lyrics carried it for me. Also the nostalgic association that I may have watched it at some point during my childhood (we almost always got movies here very late, 2 years late or something; and if it's popular enough, the channels here would probably reair them).
But in the eyes of the internet, the basic, easy beat of the song makes it prime sampling candidate, a la Guile's theme. And thus, my obsession for Space Jam remixes and arranges with various anime songs, soundtrack, etc.
Some of my favourites:
Also the ensuing hilarity of Jordan's and Barkley's faces in anime wwwwwwwwwwwww. The reactions are either "lololololololololololololololololololol" or "GAH MY EYES GOD WHY" which adds to the enjoyment. And especially the anime quotes that people do by replacing certain words with b-ball related jargon.
Of course, then there's something like this:
and elevated it to a whole new level.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 second ago
- › $500 desktop setup? 14 seconds ago
- › 3D printed closed headphones with HD800 driver 19 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 32 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 6 minutes ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 6 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3