- 6,222 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic Clear Gel Pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Full Review + ATH-M50 Comparison Last post on 2/15/14 at 9:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1394post #20896 of 211532/14/14 at 3:03amIf the human race had psychic powers is be getting slapped by countless women everytime I walked out the door.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20897 of 211532/14/14 at 4:36amQuote:
Amen to that. I would have been fired from my job long ago for that very reason.post #20898 of 211532/14/14 at 4:39ampost #20899 of 211532/14/14 at 4:43ampost #20900 of 211532/14/14 at 5:09ampost #20901 of 211532/14/14 at 5:39am
Just spent 4 hours wiring a SPC/teflon 24 pin ATX cable. My advice to anyone thinking of doing this - just buy the premade ones - the price is reasonable and the DIY project is finger bleeding painful torture. I think my 8 pin EPS needs recrimping but at this point I'm not sure when I will be able to muster the willpower to hold a crimping tool again.
For a music server it is totally worth upgrading the ATX cables though. I wear my tin hat proudly.post #20902 of 211532/14/14 at 8:51amWish this can be true: Fatal Frame game + Oculus Rift final final final version* + tablet implementation somehow for the camera mechanic = **** life, I'm out with a heart attack.
*really finalpost #20903 of 211532/14/14 at 10:00amQuote:
All marriages would last less than a week.post #20904 of 211532/14/14 at 10:52amQuote:I crap myself playing that game w/o a Rift. Why the tablet? You couldn't see through the Rift anyways. The new version has head tracking, just have sensors on the controller that can ID it as the camera... and awaaaay we go.post #20905 of 211532/14/14 at 4:51pmpost #20906 of 211532/14/14 at 5:04pm
On a second thought, I'm thinking when giving speeches and stuff, you know how people always tell you to picture the audience naked to relieve the anxiety? That never works for me, because in my mind, a naked audience always ends up in an orgy. If people were to see my orgies if I have a presentation, maybe my presentation would become the "secondary target". Hmm, this is a tough nut to crack.post #20907 of 211532/14/14 at 5:13pmQuote:
I think a lot of us would use it for our own nefarious purposes....post #20908 of 211532/14/14 at 5:14pmQuote:
Ask Mel Gibson.post #20909 of 211532/14/14 at 8:31pmQuote:
They may say they do but first time they read your mind when that hot young thing walks by and it's curtains, Sometimes tis better to have secrets.post #20910 of 211532/15/14 at 3:33am
Guys, please remember the character of this thread and don't turn it into a boys club.
Speaking of which, I watched Disney's Frozen today. It's been a while since I've seen a Disney animated film. The last (non Pixar) one I watched was Lilo & Stitch which amazingly I now discover was released in 2002. I am actually incredibly glad John Lasseter (of Pixar fame) is at the helm now at Disney because I think he has the sensibilities of a great storyteller.
From what I gathered, Frozen is the first Disney animated film with a female co-director (Jennifer Lee, who was also the screenwriter). I don't know how much was her influence, but I liked how Frozen did have some well developed female characters with some nuance. The film wasn't just a series of prince and princess archetypes, and I think it was all the stronger for it.
I also loved how fresh and modern a lot of the jokes were, without indulging in that nudge-nudge wink-wink kind of pop culture referencing that I've seen in other cartoons recently. I don't know how much of this has been going on with Disney's other recent films (I didn't watch Brave but I do understand it treads on some of the same ground) but I did really find the movie entertaining and just... I dunno, confident in it's characterisations.It's actually remarkable how strongly the storyline for one of the main characters of Frozen is also an LGBT coming out allegory. I mean this is nothing new and it's certainly not as explicit as say, Paranorman (which is also an incredibly good and I feel somewhat overlooked recent animated film). Maybe I'm just biased but I'm surprised I didn't hear more about this aspect from what I little I gathered about the film before I watched it.
So yeah. I heartily recommend a viewing of it. It was funny, I went with a friend and we joked about how it must look for two adults to watch a 'children's' movie only to find that the cinema was largely full of people my age or older.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 8 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › Tube rolling 5 minutes ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude