- 6,685 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1394
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just spent 4 hours wiring a SPC/teflon 24 pin ATX cable. My advice to anyone thinking of doing this - just buy the premade ones - the price is reasonable and the DIY project is finger bleeding painful torture. I think my 8 pin EPS needs recrimping but at this point I'm not sure when I will be able to muster the willpower to hold a crimping tool again.
For a music server it is totally worth upgrading the ATX cables though. I wear my tin hat proudly.
On a second thought, I'm thinking when giving speeches and stuff, you know how people always tell you to picture the audience naked to relieve the anxiety? That never works for me, because in my mind, a naked audience always ends up in an orgy. If people were to see my orgies if I have a presentation, maybe my presentation would become the "secondary target". Hmm, this is a tough nut to crack.
Guys, please remember the character of this thread and don't turn it into a boys club.
Speaking of which, I watched Disney's Frozen today. It's been a while since I've seen a Disney animated film. The last (non Pixar) one I watched was Lilo & Stitch which amazingly I now discover was released in 2002. I am actually incredibly glad John Lasseter (of Pixar fame) is at the helm now at Disney because I think he has the sensibilities of a great storyteller.
From what I gathered, Frozen is the first Disney animated film with a female co-director (Jennifer Lee, who was also the screenwriter). I don't know how much was her influence, but I liked how Frozen did have some well developed female characters with some nuance. The film wasn't just a series of prince and princess archetypes, and I think it was all the stronger for it.
I also loved how fresh and modern a lot of the jokes were, without indulging in that nudge-nudge wink-wink kind of pop culture referencing that I've seen in other cartoons recently. I don't know how much of this has been going on with Disney's other recent films (I didn't watch Brave but I do understand it treads on some of the same ground) but I did really find the movie entertaining and just... I dunno, confident in it's characterisations.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So yeah. I heartily recommend a viewing of it. It was funny, I went with a friend and we joked about how it must look for two adults to watch a 'children's' movie only to find that the cinema was largely full of people my age or older.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 25 seconds ago
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 27 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 45 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › V-Moda XS (Matte Black) + 2 Sets of Shields 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2