- 10,227 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1386post #20776 of 217602/2/14 at 12:56amWhat is the H1's price point again? Local currency says it's 500$, so that's around US$150 direct in-the-head conversion. So $100 price bracket?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20777 of 217602/2/14 at 3:15amJust watched your Surface Pro 2 gaming guide video, a_rec, and I have to say, I'm tempted to replace my 2012 Nexus 7 (which is getting a bit long in the tooth, and nebulously frustrates me more than I liked) with either that or the SPro 1, to be honest.
On a photography note, there's this nifty camera strap/neoprene cover thing on Kickstarter. Still thinking of backing it up, but alas, while I want to get both wrist strap and neck strap version, that's just too rich for me.
Edited by jgray91 - 2/2/14 at 3:33ampost #20778 of 217602/2/14 at 3:41amQuote:
Yeah something like that but it gets pitched up against the GR07 and the cheaper RE400, and lets not forget the SE215. Im curious in how it would turn out against them . So far it manages to do as well as my CK90Pro but with slightly worse mids and better timbre. Isolation is also worse off due to size but it really is not a bad earphone for this price, just not sure if it is good enough against the head fi favourites......post #20779 of 217602/2/14 at 4:03ampost #20780 of 217602/2/14 at 4:15ampost #20781 of 217602/2/14 at 5:48ampost #20782 of 217602/2/14 at 10:14ampost #20783 of 217602/2/14 at 11:04ampost #20784 of 217602/2/14 at 2:53pm
I did, a lot. I'm pretty cut about the news.
He was one of my favourite actors. I've always had deep respect for his astounding acting. Hoffman playing against Meryl Streep in Doubt was one of the most astounding performances I've seen. Synechdoche New York is my personal favourite film.
I couldn't really find a video on Youtube that really conveys his performance in that film, and there's no specific scene that I can think of that would do it justice anyway, so I suppose I will link to one of the songs from the film, which is also one of my favourite songs tracks of all time:
I didn't know he was only 46.post #20785 of 217602/3/14 at 4:40ampost #20786 of 217602/3/14 at 6:52am
I wish I could erase Happiness from my memory, but yeah he was great in it. Synecdoche looks like the kind of pretentious tripe that would make me want to chew my arm off to escape, but because of Seymour, I'll probably see it eventually. Loved his roles in Boogie Nights and Capote, movies I could actually enjoy. But my favorite was his portrayal of Lester M-Fing Bangs in Almost Famous!
A good list though they left off Almost Famous! http://www.popmatters.com/post/178785-the-10-best-films-of-philip-seymour-hoffman/
Edited by Fastnbulbous - 2/3/14 at 9:13ampost #20787 of 217602/3/14 at 11:29ampost #20788 of 217602/3/14 at 4:19pmQuote:
While I can imagine people having that kind of reaction to the movie, Synecdoche is one of those films that is kind of difficult to make a trailer for. You should check it out, it's also quite a funny film - though my copy declares it the 'smash hit comedy of the year' on the cover which it really isn't. Honestly, marketing the film must have been a nightmare.
Maybe I just happen to love a good identity crisis but for me it's a film that hits home pretty hard. I get something new out of it each time I watch it.
Still not going to take bets on your arm surviving through it though.post #20789 of 217602/3/14 at 10:22pm@gelocks how do you wear your C300's? I'm trying both down from the ears and over-ear, with different tips, but the fit is still finicky. The sound is good (although not from the iPhone by itself, but from the FiiO), and I think they have a sort of "classy" bass head sound -- not especially boomy or overdone while you still get other sounds as well. Not my favorite for bassheavy music, but they suit well for EDM that isn't overly depending on bass (trance, and such). They are definitely bass capable, just not XB capable. Also, since the fit is so finicky, I'm thinking that I'll only use these indoors at a desk (too afraid of dropping them out).
All in all, I like them a lot, but not for the kind of music I had planned to use them for.
Edit: I also picked up the C400 and the XB90ex. The C400 is probably the most "refined" of them, with the most "neutral" sound signature. The XB90ex is the least "refined" of them, but it is the bassiest of them in the subbass area. I feel like the C300 has a tighter and punchier and slightly more powerful midbass. The C400 is probably the most impressive of them all, sound wise. I think it's a wonderful IEM. Think of it this way: despite not being even close to what I prefer, I still adore it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/4/14 at 7:36ampost #20790 of 217602/4/14 at 6:06am
Hey guys my HE 4 is here :D in case you didn't know [and I dobut you would since I didn't mention it till now] but I finally upgraded to the He 4!
My dt 880 is sold, along with my Schiit Vali and my Pb1
I now own the Pb2 [LME 49990 OP amps] and the HE 4 :3 I'm excited to hear the HE 4 today, after spending a LOT of time with the DT 880... pretty sure I'll know right away if the HE 4 is a step up... although I feel it will b
about the Pb2 x Hm801 x W1000x Se combo... wow the Pb2 is much cleaner than my Pb1 was... I LIKE it. Layering is much nicer, the w1000x... is as wonderful as I ever remembered it :D
super stocked to get my w1000x balanced, which I'll be doing in about a month or so!
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 28 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Is this any good for a DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 8 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...