Yes but it faces some intense competition in that price range.......
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic Clear Gel Pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Full Review + ATH-M50 Comparison Last post on 2/15/14 at 9:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1386
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20777 of 211552/2/14 at 12:56ampost #20778 of 211552/2/14 at 3:15amJust watched your Surface Pro 2 gaming guide video, a_rec, and I have to say, I'm tempted to replace my 2012 Nexus 7 (which is getting a bit long in the tooth, and nebulously frustrates me more than I liked) with either that or the SPro 1, to be honest.
On a photography note, there's this nifty camera strap/neoprene cover thing on Kickstarter. Still thinking of backing it up, but alas, while I want to get both wrist strap and neck strap version, that's just too rich for me.
Edited by jgray91 - 2/2/14 at 3:33ampost #20779 of 211552/2/14 at 3:41amQuote:
Yeah something like that but it gets pitched up against the GR07 and the cheaper RE400, and lets not forget the SE215. Im curious in how it would turn out against them . So far it manages to do as well as my CK90Pro but with slightly worse mids and better timbre. Isolation is also worse off due to size but it really is not a bad earphone for this price, just not sure if it is good enough against the head fi favourites......post #20780 of 211552/2/14 at 4:03ampost #20781 of 211552/2/14 at 4:15ampost #20782 of 211552/2/14 at 5:48ampost #20783 of 211552/2/14 at 10:14ampost #20784 of 211552/2/14 at 11:04ampost #20785 of 211552/2/14 at 2:53pm
I did, a lot. I'm pretty cut about the news.
He was one of my favourite actors. I've always had deep respect for his astounding acting. Hoffman playing against Meryl Streep in Doubt was one of the most astounding performances I've seen. Synechdoche New York is my personal favourite film.
I couldn't really find a video on Youtube that really conveys his performance in that film, and there's no specific scene that I can think of that would do it justice anyway, so I suppose I will link to one of the songs from the film, which is also one of my favourite songs tracks of all time:
I didn't know he was only 46.post #20786 of 211552/3/14 at 4:40ampost #20787 of 211552/3/14 at 6:52am
I wish I could erase Happiness from my memory, but yeah he was great in it. Synecdoche looks like the kind of pretentious tripe that would make me want to chew my arm off to escape, but because of Seymour, I'll probably see it eventually. Loved his roles in Boogie Nights and Capote, movies I could actually enjoy. But my favorite was his portrayal of Lester M-Fing Bangs in Almost Famous!
A good list though they left off Almost Famous! http://www.popmatters.com/post/178785-the-10-best-films-of-philip-seymour-hoffman/
Edited by Fastnbulbous - 2/3/14 at 9:13ampost #20788 of 211552/3/14 at 11:29ampost #20789 of 211552/3/14 at 4:19pmQuote:
While I can imagine people having that kind of reaction to the movie, Synecdoche is one of those films that is kind of difficult to make a trailer for. You should check it out, it's also quite a funny film - though my copy declares it the 'smash hit comedy of the year' on the cover which it really isn't. Honestly, marketing the film must have been a nightmare.
Maybe I just happen to love a good identity crisis but for me it's a film that hits home pretty hard. I get something new out of it each time I watch it.
Still not going to take bets on your arm surviving through it though.post #20790 of 211552/3/14 at 10:22pm@gelocks how do you wear your C300's? I'm trying both down from the ears and over-ear, with different tips, but the fit is still finicky. The sound is good (although not from the iPhone by itself, but from the FiiO), and I think they have a sort of "classy" bass head sound -- not especially boomy or overdone while you still get other sounds as well. Not my favorite for bassheavy music, but they suit well for EDM that isn't overly depending on bass (trance, and such). They are definitely bass capable, just not XB capable. Also, since the fit is so finicky, I'm thinking that I'll only use these indoors at a desk (too afraid of dropping them out).
All in all, I like them a lot, but not for the kind of music I had planned to use them for.
Edit: I also picked up the C400 and the XB90ex. The C400 is probably the most "refined" of them, with the most "neutral" sound signature. The XB90ex is the least "refined" of them, but it is the bassiest of them in the subbass area. I feel like the C300 has a tighter and punchier and slightly more powerful midbass. The C400 is probably the most impressive of them all, sound wise. I think it's a wonderful IEM. Think of it this way: despite not being even close to what I prefer, I still adore it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/4/14 at 7:36am
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 47 seconds ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 48 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › FS/FT: Westone 4 Hard-Wired with DHC Litz Nucleotide Cable (4-pin... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude