- 10,239 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
I just bought this headphone this week. In the stores, I tested the headphone selections using Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos version and Spotify's Extreme Quality. MDR-1A was the best during my test in...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1386post #20776 of 217602/2/14 at 12:56amWhat is the H1's price point again? Local currency says it's 500$, so that's around US$150 direct in-the-head conversion. So $100 price bracket?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20777 of 217602/2/14 at 3:15amJust watched your Surface Pro 2 gaming guide video, a_rec, and I have to say, I'm tempted to replace my 2012 Nexus 7 (which is getting a bit long in the tooth, and nebulously frustrates me more than I liked) with either that or the SPro 1, to be honest.
On a photography note, there's this nifty camera strap/neoprene cover thing on Kickstarter. Still thinking of backing it up, but alas, while I want to get both wrist strap and neck strap version, that's just too rich for me.
Edited by jgray91 - 2/2/14 at 3:33ampost #20778 of 217602/2/14 at 3:41amQuote:
Yeah something like that but it gets pitched up against the GR07 and the cheaper RE400, and lets not forget the SE215. Im curious in how it would turn out against them . So far it manages to do as well as my CK90Pro but with slightly worse mids and better timbre. Isolation is also worse off due to size but it really is not a bad earphone for this price, just not sure if it is good enough against the head fi favourites......post #20779 of 217602/2/14 at 4:03ampost #20780 of 217602/2/14 at 4:15ampost #20781 of 217602/2/14 at 5:48ampost #20782 of 217602/2/14 at 10:14ampost #20783 of 217602/2/14 at 11:04ampost #20784 of 217602/2/14 at 2:53pm
I did, a lot. I'm pretty cut about the news.
He was one of my favourite actors. I've always had deep respect for his astounding acting. Hoffman playing against Meryl Streep in Doubt was one of the most astounding performances I've seen. Synechdoche New York is my personal favourite film.
I couldn't really find a video on Youtube that really conveys his performance in that film, and there's no specific scene that I can think of that would do it justice anyway, so I suppose I will link to one of the songs from the film, which is also one of my favourite songs tracks of all time:
I didn't know he was only 46.post #20785 of 217602/3/14 at 4:40ampost #20786 of 217602/3/14 at 6:52am
I wish I could erase Happiness from my memory, but yeah he was great in it. Synecdoche looks like the kind of pretentious tripe that would make me want to chew my arm off to escape, but because of Seymour, I'll probably see it eventually. Loved his roles in Boogie Nights and Capote, movies I could actually enjoy. But my favorite was his portrayal of Lester M-Fing Bangs in Almost Famous!
A good list though they left off Almost Famous! http://www.popmatters.com/post/178785-the-10-best-films-of-philip-seymour-hoffman/
Edited by Fastnbulbous - 2/3/14 at 9:13ampost #20787 of 217602/3/14 at 11:29ampost #20788 of 217602/3/14 at 4:19pmQuote:
While I can imagine people having that kind of reaction to the movie, Synecdoche is one of those films that is kind of difficult to make a trailer for. You should check it out, it's also quite a funny film - though my copy declares it the 'smash hit comedy of the year' on the cover which it really isn't. Honestly, marketing the film must have been a nightmare.
Maybe I just happen to love a good identity crisis but for me it's a film that hits home pretty hard. I get something new out of it each time I watch it.
Still not going to take bets on your arm surviving through it though.post #20789 of 217602/3/14 at 10:22pm@gelocks how do you wear your C300's? I'm trying both down from the ears and over-ear, with different tips, but the fit is still finicky. The sound is good (although not from the iPhone by itself, but from the FiiO), and I think they have a sort of "classy" bass head sound -- not especially boomy or overdone while you still get other sounds as well. Not my favorite for bassheavy music, but they suit well for EDM that isn't overly depending on bass (trance, and such). They are definitely bass capable, just not XB capable. Also, since the fit is so finicky, I'm thinking that I'll only use these indoors at a desk (too afraid of dropping them out).
All in all, I like them a lot, but not for the kind of music I had planned to use them for.
Edit: I also picked up the C400 and the XB90ex. The C400 is probably the most "refined" of them, with the most "neutral" sound signature. The XB90ex is the least "refined" of them, but it is the bassiest of them in the subbass area. I feel like the C300 has a tighter and punchier and slightly more powerful midbass. The C400 is probably the most impressive of them all, sound wise. I think it's a wonderful IEM. Think of it this way: despite not being even close to what I prefer, I still adore it.
Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/4/14 at 7:36ampost #20790 of 217602/4/14 at 6:06am
Hey guys my HE 4 is here :D in case you didn't know [and I dobut you would since I didn't mention it till now] but I finally upgraded to the He 4!
My dt 880 is sold, along with my Schiit Vali and my Pb1
I now own the Pb2 [LME 49990 OP amps] and the HE 4 :3 I'm excited to hear the HE 4 today, after spending a LOT of time with the DT 880... pretty sure I'll know right away if the HE 4 is a step up... although I feel it will b
about the Pb2 x Hm801 x W1000x Se combo... wow the Pb2 is much cleaner than my Pb1 was... I LIKE it. Layering is much nicer, the w1000x... is as wonderful as I ever remembered it :D
super stocked to get my w1000x balanced, which I'll be doing in about a month or so!
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Ie800 check 17 seconds ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 1 minute ago
- › IC/FS: Sennheiser IE800's 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Simgot EN700 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Any headfi-ers in Connecticut? 3 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...