Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1383  

post #20731 of 21761

Wow, that's rad.

 

Well, Grados are obviously Grados (still haven't heard any, and I'm still interested in the 325), but it's a pretty awesome thing to do anyway. I did not know about that. From my quick google-fu there were only 550 of them made.

post #20732 of 21761

I received my UE6000 yesterday and I have to say that I am quite impressed by them, both with and without noise cancellation. I feel that the noise cancellation makes them a bit more V shaped, which of course, by my sonic preferences isn't necesssarily a bad thing at all. The bass is punchy and goes deeeeeep, the mdis are rather lush and the treble is unintrusive when noise cancellation is off and a bit more sparkly when noise cancellation is on. The sound is definitely a sort off "attacky" type of sound as opposed to laidback when noise cancellation is on, which probably isn't a good thing when trying to chill out, but much more so when trying to work and get up a good pace. Soundstage seems open and not too big, which I can sometimes feel about the D2000's.

 

I guess I would describe these more as portables rather than stationary-at-home listening devices, however, as with almost every closed headphone that isn't the size of Denons old D-series, these will work well for both applications. Comfort wise I have nothing to remark on, except that the (p?)leather pads are quite sturdy and hard as opposed to softer pads. These are probably on the heavy side of things, but truth be told, I don't notice it while wearing them. Maybe my neck muscles are stronger than I have given them credit for.

 

Overall I'd rate these as somewhere between the D2000 and the M50s. What I mean by that is that I probably like the D2000 more, and the M50s a bit less, but seeing as I really like the M50s this is clearly an above average grade from me. I definitely like these better than my HD25-1 II, however, the HD25-1 II probably handles faster rock better. I'd also rate these higher than the Pro 900, but to be honest, it's been a while now since I sold them so I don't necessarily recall their sound correctly anymore, thus I should probably leave them out of future comparisons. These are also better than my HP-800's I think.

 

I think these will be my new synthpop/techno/EDM/house headphones. The bass is not strong enough to make these my hiphop/trap phones, that title is still held by my XB's, by a huge margin. I thought of leaving these at work, but no, I like them too much, and my HP-800's will remain my work headphones. That isn't to say that I won't be lugging these to and from work at times, especially now that they're new, but they won't stay here like the HP-800's will.

post #20733 of 21761
It was awesome, until HF chewed them out. I don't really know what happened but I think that's what happened.


Frustrating watching these guys play it, but other than that, a nice post apoc survival zombieless game.
post #20734 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I received my UE6000 yesterday and I have to say that I am quite impressed by them, both with and without noise cancellation. I feel that the noise cancellation makes them a bit more V shaped, which of course, by my sonic preferences isn't necesssarily a bad thing at all. The bass is punchy and goes deeeeeep, the mdis are rather lush and the treble is unintrusive when noise cancellation is off and a bit more sparkly when noise cancellation is on. The sound is definitely a sort off "attacky" type of sound as opposed to laidback when noise cancellation is on, which probably isn't a good thing when trying to chill out, but much more so when trying to work and get up a good pace. Soundstage seems open and not too big, which I can sometimes feel about the D2000's.

 

I guess I would describe these more as portables rather than stationary-at-home listening devices, however, as with almost every closed headphone that isn't the size of Denons old D-series, these will work well for both applications. Comfort wise I have nothing to remark on, except that the (p?)leather pads are quite sturdy and hard as opposed to softer pads. These are probably on the heavy side of things, but truth be told, I don't notice it while wearing them. Maybe my neck muscles are stronger than I have given them credit for.

 

Overall I'd rate these as somewhere between the D2000 and the M50s. What I mean by that is that I probably like the D2000 more, and the M50s a bit less, but seeing as I really like the M50s this is clearly an above average grade from me. I definitely like these better than my HD25-1 II, however, the HD25-1 II probably handles faster rock better. I'd also rate these higher than the Pro 900, but to be honest, it's been a while now since I sold them so I don't necessarily recall their sound correctly anymore, thus I should probably leave them out of future comparisons. These are also better than my HP-800's I think.

 

I think these will be my new synthpop/techno/EDM/house headphones. The bass is not strong enough to make these my hiphop/trap phones, that title is still held by my XB's, by a huge margin. I thought of leaving these at work, but no, I like them too much, and my HP-800's will remain my work headphones. That isn't to say that I won't be lugging these to and from work at times, especially now that they're new, but they won't stay here like the HP-800's will.

Honestly... I liked the UE 6000 over the D2k... and I mean that in terms of the UE 6000 was funner, simplre and bigger/sloppier. While the D2k has much more potential it's just too reserved atm. Now that said my D2k has a wood back with no mods so I'm not listening to stock. When I get the New Pads on her and the reCable... it should kick the UE 6000 in the arse :3 [my point is I wanted the D2k to be my EDM on the Go can and for me it's... not as clean and tight as my other cans, and not as fun as the some of the cheaper cans I had... but since my W1000x is Modded +pads, the the DT 880 is balanced... it's only fair I do the same to the D2k before I pass judgement

 

although there are a couple of songs that really wow me on the D2k that didn't on the UE 6000, so the D2k has the potential :D 

post #20735 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

Huh, what's this...



New JVC's. FX650/750/850
HA-FX850
New
Open price ※
Will be released in late February 2014



Diameter 11mm
Sealed Type
Cord length 1.2m




zoom


※ product of open price does not impose a manufacturer's suggested retail price.

 

 





Key Features



It is equipped with a new "wood dome unit" to achieve a spread of natural sound and beautiful sound




New wood dome unit


Place the newly developed "Wood diffuser" which is processed into a ring-shaped and processed into dome-shaped with a thin film processing technology of our own on the front of the "wood dome diaphragm". Is allowed to diffuse the sound, providing a spread of natural sound.

It is equipped with a new structure "hybrid acoustic damper" to reduce the vibration in a wide band loss of unit




By using hold the unit in the "Wood damper" of new development with the "tree" and (brass) ring brass large specific gravity, it is possible to reduce the broadband vibration loss of the unit, providing a sound reproduction clear high resolution . In addition, pressed by brass ring also the front of the unit by the deployment of "acoustic damper dual hybrid" structure, it is possible to improve the damping property further, HA-FX850 will increase the resolution.

It is equipped to absorb unwanted vibration, a new development "Wood ring absorber"







The optimum control of the sound. Housing equipped with a wood ring absorber "to absorb unwanted vibration transmitted to the brass ring of the rear housing, providing clear sound with no turbidity.

I adopt the "Wood housing" convey the sound of sound rich sense of reality




I adopt the housing of the headphones "tree" also (housing). By maximizing the characteristics of the "Wood dome unit" to play realistic rich reverberations spread and natural sound.

It is attached with new development "spiral dot earpiece" to achieve a clear sound




It is attached to suppress the turbidity of the sound is diffused dimples provided in the earpiece inner wall the reflected sound of the earpiece that is the cause of quality deterioration, to achieve a clear sound the "spiral dot earpiece". Memory foam earpiece that fits snuggly into the ear with the soft touch is also included.


Memory foam earpiece
※ It is the service parts handling. (Each 2 pcs S, M)

Contact: Customer Support Center




Silicon earpiece




Earpiece sectional view





I adopt a detachable cord with MMCX terminal










Carrying case included for portability









Package & plug part




Package image








The HA-FX850 Specifications





Model Dynamic
Hi-Res support Yes
Unit diameter φ11.0 mm
Output sound pressure level 106dB/1mW
Play frequency band 6Hz ~ 45,000 Hz
Impedance 16Ω
Maximum permissible input 200 mW (IEC ※)
Code 1.2m (Y type) OFC (MMCX removable)
Input plug φ3.5 24 mm gold-plated stereo mini-plug, metal sleeve adoption
Mass (Without cord) 13.0g
Accessories 2 each 2 each earpiece S, M, L, memory foam earpiece S, M, code keeper, clip, carry




Discuss smily_headphones1.gif

Sigh. Me wants.
post #20736 of 21761

WOOD

post #20737 of 21761

Wood makes everything sound better.

 

Silver and gold make everything that sounds better sound even better. That's obvious. And gold is so much better than silver that frankly you're a loser for even considering silver.

 

Gold plus wood would be the best of all but that means less gold, so you have to use just as much gold as you would have if there was no wood. And then add wood.

 

But the wood you use is VERY IMPORTANT don't use the wrong wood.

 

Platinum is even more important than gold in sounding good. Why are you even messing around with gold! Use even more platinum than you would have used gold. Then add wood.

 

Iron is for ignoramuses and copper is for chumps. Platinum only unless you really hate your ears or something. Also wood.

post #20738 of 21761
Drift wood is the cats meow for audiophile ear/headphones.
post #20739 of 21761
That eartip cross section reminds me too much of those kinky lewd "manga" I read... And wood, so innuendo abounds.
post #20740 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post
 

Wood makes everything sound better.

 

Silver and gold make everything that sounds better sound even better. That's obvious. And gold is so much better than silver that frankly you're a loser for even considering silver.

 

Gold plus wood would be the best of all but that means less gold, so you have to use just as much gold as you would have if there was no wood. And then add wood.

 

But the wood you use is VERY IMPORTANT don't use the wrong wood.

 

Platinum is even more important than gold in sounding good. Why are you even messing around with gold! Use even more platinum than you would have used gold. Then add wood.

 

Iron is for ignoramuses and copper is for chumps. Platinum only unless you really hate your ears or something. Also wood.

 

Bird flu? ;) 

post #20741 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Honestly... I liked the UE 6000 over the D2k... and I mean that in terms of the UE 6000 was funner, simplre and bigger/sloppier. While the D2k has much more potential it's just too reserved atm. Now that said my D2k has a wood back with no mods so I'm not listening to stock. When I get the New Pads on her and the reCable... it should kick the UE 6000 in the arse :3 [my point is I wanted the D2k to be my EDM on the Go can and for me it's... not as clean and tight as my other cans, and not as fun as the some of the cheaper cans I had... but since my W1000x is Modded +pads, the the DT 880 is balanced... it's only fair I do the same to the D2k before I pass judgement

 

although there are a couple of songs that really wow me on the D2k that didn't on the UE 6000, so the D2k has the potential :D 

Well, they are close imo. The D2000 sounds bigger in some way though. However, the UE6000 sounds more intimate and just very, very good. I've always felt the D2000 were a bit too laidback and "calm" to my liking, however, they are very good alternatives to my other headphones with a rather narrow and small soundstage. Even though they both have a bassy sound, they're very different in their approach. The UE6000 is very upfront and attacks you with all it can, while the D2000 begs you for fogiveness for even playing music to you. The D2000 is very fitting to use for chilling out, and the UE6000 when you need to get energized, imo. Because of this difference it's hard to choose a favorite, however, I think technically the D2000 may edge that one out. That being said, the UE6000 is indeed very close to the D2000 in terms of good sound quality and would probably be a very fitting alternative for someone who doesn't like the laidback and spacious sound of the D2000.

 

As said, I am mighty impressed by the UE6000.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post
 

Wood makes everything sound better.

 

Silver and gold make everything that sounds better sound even better. That's obvious. And gold is so much better than silver that frankly you're a loser for even considering silver.

 

Gold plus wood would be the best of all but that means less gold, so you have to use just as much gold as you would have if there was no wood. And then add wood.

 

But the wood you use is VERY IMPORTANT don't use the wrong wood.

 

Platinum is even more important than gold in sounding good. Why are you even messing around with gold! Use even more platinum than you would have used gold. Then add wood.

 

Iron is for ignoramuses and copper is for chumps. Platinum only unless you really hate your ears or something. Also wood.

Screw around with your platinum all you want. I use diamonds, which makes the treble godlike. With a woody.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

That eartip cross section reminds me too much of those kinky lewd "manga" I read... And wood, so innuendo abounds.

I reminds me of a fleshlight cross section picture.

 


Edited by Coq de Combat - 1/28/14 at 9:14am
post #20742 of 21761
Don't forget to throw some Rare Earth Elements in there too. Neodymium is the most common Rare Earth Element and therefore the least desirable. You would be better off with Promethium, Dysprosium or maybe Gadolinium (named after the great audiophile James Gandolfini). Gadolinium is particularly suited for female volcals - especially (wait for it) Sopranos...
Quote:
I reminds me of a fleshlight cross section picture.

I don't know what's more disturbing - that you know what a fleshlight is, or that I know what you are talking about.
Edited by billybob_jcv - 1/28/14 at 10:34am
post #20743 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I don't know what's more disturbing - that you know what a fleshlight is, or that I know what you are talking about.

 

LOL...

 

:eek:

post #20744 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post


I don't know what's more disturbing - that you know what a fleshlight is, or that I know what you are talking about.

post #20745 of 21761
If you go to enough nsfw websites, you're bound to find out what it is.... which can also give away your habits. wink.gifbiggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2