Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1356post #20326 of 217601/4/14 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20327 of 217601/4/14 at 11:32ampost #20328 of 217601/4/14 at 12:28pm
Congrats, DF! I hope you two make each other happy.
Imma do one of those end of year posts soon, I've just been preoccupied with ****. It may be brief, though, as this year hasn't been the best for me as far as the hobby, or most things, are concerned.post #20329 of 217601/4/14 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coq de Combat
They are pretty awesome, aren't they?
Maine coons are pretty usual around these parts. A pure bred cat is pretty expensive, so I'm probably looking at a mix myself, which they basically give away for free at the vetenarians expense (some shots, id marks, etc. Which amounts to about $100-200).
Aww, you know you should post a pic of him, preferrably doing some crazy things.
It's strange how your ex dumped him with you, especially being that old (I imagine them having a history?). Surely there must be more to it than that? I remember you talking about it earlier in the second diary thread when you guys broke up, but still, was your ex moving somewhere where cats aren't allowed or something? Sounds so weird to abandon a cat that old, and dump him on you. On the other hand, I'm sure you two are liking each other anyway.
My mother was a bit against the idea of getting a cat, so imagine her reaction when I, at the age of 10, took my bike to the nearest farmer and asked him if I could get a cat. I could. For free. Farmers over here are so riddened with cats that reproduce that they give them away happily. The farmer I asked had over 70 (!!!) himself, all living in his barn, but he was too lazy/busy to do anything about them and as long as they hunted their own mice in the barn he was okay with them being there. Sort of like a all-day social pest control. Of course, I imagine him spicing the story a bit since I was a kid and he was a farmer, so he probably fed them once in a while and enjoyed their company. Either way, point of this anecdote was that my mother had to live with the cat since I was at school and my stepfather at work, so they developed a closer relationship than my mother wanted to admit. Your "understanding" with this old cat gives me that same vibe.
Yeah, pretty much. We have maine coons around here too, and yeah, they're very similar in size and shape. I'm not too much of an cat expert to further speculate about the differences in their psyches and such, however, my best guess is that they're probably more alike than not.
Purebreds are so darned expensive around here (I saw a Sphynx cat looking a for a replacement home, going for $3000. It must be a competing cat, but it gives you an idea what numbers we're looking at for pure breds. A normal pure bred goes for around $1000-1500. That's too much, imo. Divide that number by 10, and I'll take it. Point being that since the pures are expensive, I'll most likely take a mix, and since I like bigger cats, a maine coon/norwegian mix is very attractive - just like Idsynchrono up above there.
My cat is pretty big also (orange tabby, persian and siamese mix). When he stretches out he is over 3 ft tall lol. (yes that is a kirby in the back ground).post #20330 of 217601/4/14 at 2:42pm
No one here wants to check out the Perfect Sound d901 dido?post #20331 of 217601/4/14 at 3:06pmpost #20332 of 217601/4/14 at 6:02pmQuote:
I wonder how many people had to stop and re-read Warrens post because they also thought he meant something else, lol.
To all the late well wishers, thanks a lot guys. Much respect goes out to you allpost #20333 of 217601/4/14 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
No one here wants to check out the Perfect Sound d901 dido?
Yup!!! Ya sounded kinda strange there for a moment,...LOL!!!post #20334 of 217601/4/14 at 6:16pmThread Starterpost #20335 of 217601/4/14 at 7:12pmpost #20336 of 217601/4/14 at 10:58pmpost #20337 of 217601/5/14 at 2:17am
Lol, now come on guys, we've talked about those headphones in this thread before...
But seriously, an all-metal, closed-back headphone that supposedly uses Fostex TH-series drivers? No one wants a piece of that action?post #20338 of 217601/5/14 at 2:22amQuote:
Moderately interested, but not really interested enough to ask for an EU tour. Not to mention the £500 price tag if I end up really liking them...better not to tempt fate.post #20339 of 217601/5/14 at 2:41amgrats to u DigiFreak... If she freaks about ur portable... just tell her ur attending AAA m eetings ;3
That said I need to get around to using myUtube channel for reviews. I might start doing a weekly Cd review to. my hard media collection is growing finallypost #20340 of 217601/5/14 at 4:54am
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 24 seconds ago
- › iFi Launch Competition - What the $^&# heck is it? 1 minute ago
- › Monster turbines vs RHA ma750 2 minutes ago
- › Recommending headphones for those who don't want to use amps 2 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 3 minutes ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Hiring Front End Engineer 4 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...