Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 135  

post #2011 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I just nicked my friend's Beats Studio to take a listen to it after for so long. used my 5 test songs that I used back when I went to audition a few stuff at jaben. And honestly, ourely sound-wise, I'm confused. Why sis this bad again? Sure this is bassy. But I don't think they're that bad to receive all the hate they got. Works quite good for male voice, female didn't very well. Bass is of course quite good, for midbass at least. Subbass is kind of iffy, but I think it's still there. Highs are shoved quite back though. Overall I think it's a good bassy cans.
So, what's so bad about them again? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They're going to take my audiophile privileged card now, aren't they?

It's an issue of value, for the most part. If they were $100 `phones, I doubt anyone would care. I have my Superman counterfeits, which are very close to authentic Beats, and they cost me $50. I think they're a great value for that. $300? No way.
post #2012 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I tried them.....one of my bosses bought himself a set. They're not too awfully bad, except for the fact that I have a $30 set of headphones that sound better. And a $35 set, and a $47 set.....lol. Really, they're simply incredibly overpriced for what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

My main issue with them is how the ANC effects the highs, but they're not terribad, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


It's an issue of value, for the most part. If they were $100 `phones, I doubt anyone would care. I have my Superman counterfeits, which are very close to authentic Beats, and they cost me $50. I think they're a great value for that. $300? No way.

I was trying to think of anything else at $300 for a great bassy headphone, but I don't think I've read enough around for bassy headphones to have any idea as a substitute. But really, I thought of the same thing as you guys: the value of it is just paying for the b.

And it isolates for sh*t. I can't believe how loud my friend is playing it on. In addition being confused at how passable it sounds, I tried to listen for leakage at my own listening volume. Freaking loud is what I concluded because unless I put my face right next to the headphones I can't hear anything; he must be blasting it for me to hear noise at 2 feet away. RIP friend's hearing.
post #2013 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I was trying to think of anything else at $300 for a great bassy headphone, but I don't think I've read enough around for bassy headphones to have any idea as a substitute. But really, I thought of the same thing as you guys: the value of it is just paying for the b.
And it isolates for sh*t. I can't believe how loud my friend is playing it on. In addition being confused at how passable it sounds, I tried to listen for leakage at my own listening volume. Freaking loud is what I concluded because unless I put my face right next to the headphones I can't hear anything; he must be blasting it for me to hear noise at 2 feet away. RIP friend's hearing.

M-Audio Q40s, they'll vibrate your head, and sound better too. Also there's the cheap $23 Monoprice headphones, which are about the same in sound quality.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones/dp/B000XT8JTM
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323
post #2014 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I was trying to think of anything else at $300 for a great bassy headphone, but I don't think I've read enough around for bassy headphones to have any idea as a substitute. But really, I thought of the same thing as you guys: the value of it is just paying for the b.
And it isolates for sh*t. I can't believe how loud my friend is playing it on. In addition being confused at how passable it sounds, I tried to listen for leakage at my own listening volume. Freaking loud is what I concluded because unless I put my face right next to the headphones I can't hear anything; he must be blasting it for me to hear noise at 2 feet away. RIP friend's hearing.

150 dollars and under Sony XB 700

200 dollars and under V-MODA M-80

300 dollars V-MODA M-100

300 dollars and under Sony XB 1000

 

The Sony XB stuff for the most part isn't well regarded on these forums but at least the 700 is better priced and if you look around you can grab one for 120 and sometimes even cheaper. The XB 1000 is a tad pricey but again if you look around you can find them for 250 and if you're lucky sometimes even cheaper. All four headphones listed above all sound better then any Beats can

post #2015 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

150 dollars and under Sony XB 700

200 dollars and under V-MODA M-80

300 dollars V-MODA M-100

300 dollars and under Sony XB 1000

 

The Sony XB stuff for the most part isn't well regarded on these forums but at least the 700 is better priced and if you look around you can grab one for 120 and sometimes even cheaper. The XB 1000 is a tad pricey but again if you look around you can find them for 250 and if you're lucky sometimes even cheaper. All four headphones listed above all sound better then any Beats can

 

I think the Pro 700MK2 and MK2ANV belong somewhere on that list :3

post #2016 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

150 dollars and under Sony XB 700

200 dollars and under V-MODA M-80

300 dollars V-MODA M-100

300 dollars and under Sony XB 1000

 

The Sony XB stuff for the most part isn't well regarded on these forums but at least the 700 is better priced and if you look around you can grab one for 120 and sometimes even cheaper. The XB 1000 is a tad pricey but again if you look around you can find them for 250 and if you're lucky sometimes even cheaper. All four headphones listed above all sound better then any Beats can

The Audio Technica WS55 could be added there....I bought mine off Amazon for around $100 a while back.basshead.gif

post #2017 of 21760
Suddenly bass-cans. Why, thank you for all the suggestions. I'm surely going to use the suggestions in the rare times when someone would notice and ask me about headphones than going along with what's popular consensus. beerchug.gif
post #2018 of 21760
Wow, saw the link you put in the pirate ship, MF. You must be really really excited for them Jecklin QAs to tolerate the amount of crippled, closed-minded logic there are from a few vocal members in the thread just to keep up with any news on them.
post #2019 of 21760
I agree with MuppetFace that the similarities between Hunger Games and Battle Royale are basically children in a form of arena combat. Arena combat is far too common a motif to be considered a grounds for plagiarism, so if the key remaining similarity is that school-aged kids are fighting, rather than grown men, grannies, or furries, I'm as ready to believe its coincidence as not. Can't say there's no copying going on, but this isn't adequate evidence that there has been any.

In other news, Monday is going to be an odd day for me. I'm looking forward to it but I don't know if I'm ready for it.
post #2020 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

I agree with MuppetFace that the similarities between Hunger Games and Battle Royale are basically children in a form of arena combat. Arena combat is far too common a motif to be considered a grounds for plagiarism, so if the key remaining similarity is that school-aged kids are fighting, rather than grown men, grannies, or furries, I'm as ready to believe its coincidence as not. Can't say there's no copying going on, but this isn't adequate evidence that there has been any.
In other news, Monday is going to be an odd day for me. I'm looking forward to it but I don't know if I'm ready for it.


Hmmmm Furry Gladiator Games......coming to a theater near you. Sounds like a riot I'll buy a ticket

post #2021 of 21760

Hope nobody minds me posting the following in this thread.

 

Within the next week or so I was planning on putting up a FS post in an attempt to move along some gear that's been collecting dust for the last little while. Up for grabs is my Ortofon e-Q7 IEM, JVC HA-FXT90 IEM, Audio Technica ATH EW9 wood clip ons and maybe even my Beyerdynamic DT1350's. All my stuff is in pretty good condition (no scuffs scratches etc). All gear would come with all accessories but the only gear that would come with original packaging would be the DT1350 and e-Q7. Reason for selling, none of the gear is getting enough head time for me to keep it so I'm thinking it's better to move it along to someone who could better appreciate it. Reason I'm posting this in here is I don't plan to throw up the FS posting until end of next week once I get time to take some pics so I thought I'd give all the regs in this thread first crack at the gear before I post it out to the general head-fi public. If anyone is interested let me know.

post #2022 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Hope nobody minds me posting the following in this thread.

 

Within the next week or so I was planning on putting up a FS post in an attempt to move along some gear that's been collecting dust for the last little while. Up for grabs is my Ortofon e-Q7 IEM, JVC HA-FXT90 IEM, Audio Technica ATH EW9 wood clip ons and maybe even my Beyerdynamic DT1350's. All my stuff is in pretty good condition (no scuffs scratches etc). All gear would come with all accessories but the only gear that would come with original packaging would be the DT1350 and e-Q7. Reason for selling, none of the gear is getting enough head time for me to keep it so I'm thinking it's better to move it along to someone who could better appreciate it. Reason I'm posting this in here is I don't plan to throw up the FS posting until end of next week once I get time to take some pics so I thought I'd give all the regs in this thread first crack at the gear before I post it out to the general head-fi public. If anyone is interested let me know.

 

Nice. I'm interested in the EQ-7. Would you be interested in a trade?

post #2023 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Nice. I'm interested in the EQ-7. Would you be interested in a trade?


Not sure, I was more thinking using the bones for other gear PM but me if you're interested

post #2024 of 21760

Art of Noise were one of the first to experiment with the Fairlight digital sampling synths, about 30 years ago. Back then, such synths cost over $100,000 so, very few bands had access to them. I believe Malcolm McLaren helped put the group together as part of a project involving urban sounds/noises. I first saw them on Mtv back in '84 and was quite taken with their work.

post #2025 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Hope nobody minds me posting the following in this thread.

Within the next week or so I was planning on putting up a FS post in an attempt to move along some gear that's been collecting dust for the last little while. Up for grabs is my Ortofon e-Q7 IEM, JVC HA-FXT90 IEM, Audio Technica ATH EW9 wood clip ons and maybe even my Beyerdynamic DT1350's. All my stuff is in pretty good condition (no scuffs scratches etc). All gear would come with all accessories but the only gear that would come with original packaging would be the DT1350 and e-Q7. Reason for selling, none of the gear is getting enough head time for me to keep it so I'm thinking it's better to move it along to someone who could better appreciate it. Reason I'm posting this in here is I don't plan to throw up the FS posting until end of next week once I get time to take some pics so I thought I'd give all the regs in this thread first crack at the gear before I post it out to the general head-fi public. If anyone is interested let me know.

Wish I'd read this last night. I just spent my idle curiosity money on a pair of Aurisonics 1.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2