Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1340  

post #20086 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

What does the word chtonic mean? How could I derive that word into a piece of art >.

My mind went here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic_(band)
post #20087 of 21761
By the time you get to the last season, I think you will see that Hal is long gone... wink.gif

It was one of the best shows to have ever been put on TV, and the show finale was the best series ending show I have ever seen. The entire show was a brilliant crafting of storyline continuity from start to finish - something that other series simply fail to accomplish. I think it says a lot for the actors & writers. They stayed true to their characters across all 5 seasons.
post #20088 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post


My mind went here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic_(band)

How are they in your opinion?

post #20089 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

By the time you get to the last season, I think you will see that Hal is long gone... wink.gif

It was one of the best shows to have ever been put on TV, and the show finale was the best series ending show I have ever seen. The entire show was a brilliant crafting of storyline continuity from start to finish - something that other series simply fail to accomplish. I think it says a lot for the actors & writers. They stayed true to their characters across all 5 seasons.

I can live with that, the death of Hal in Walter is fine with me. So long as it's a slow demise into darkness for Brian ^^ 

post #20090 of 21761

I haven't even seen Breaking Bad. I should download it and watch it with my wife. We're stuck on Angel now, but we're like 3 episodes from the end, so we need something new to watch. We haven't seen The Wire either. Oh well, we'll see what's next for us.

 

I've received the Roku HD now. I haven't set it up yet, since I bought it from US and I need an adapter to make it work with Swedish electric outlets. Looking at the specs though, there should be no problem using Swedish electricity for it, so I just need to find the tiome and energy to buy one of'em.

post #20091 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

How are they in your opinion?

I don't think I have any of their albums but they are pretty interesting and well worth checking out on youtube. Reminds me I might need to check them out again when I'm back from travels.
post #20092 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I haven't even seen Breaking Bad. I should download it and watch it with my wife. We're stuck on Angel now, but we're like 3 episodes from the end, so we need something new to watch. We haven't seen The Wire either. Oh well, we'll see what's next for us.

 

I've received the Roku HD now. I haven't set it up yet, since I bought it from US and I need an adapter to make it work with Swedish electric outlets. Looking at the specs though, there should be no problem using Swedish electricity for it, so I just need to find the tiome and energy to buy one of'em.

Oh do enjoy Angel, it's a good show and since it's finished no worries about it getting longer... I wanted to attempt Lost after  3 years Season 2 ended... I missed the end of S2... I came to find out it got LONGER WHAT so I opt'd out 

 

Onto Breaking Bad 

 

Meet Marie

 

 

 People find her hot... how ever I pretty much view her like this... in every appearance she makes... so guys MEET Marie! Ain't she HOT xD

post #20093 of 21761
Pardon my ignorance by barely ever watch TV anymore. What exactly is Angel all about and why is it so good?
post #20094 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Oh do enjoy Angel, it's a good show and since it's finished no worries about it getting longer... I wanted to attempt Lost after  3 years Season 2 ended... I missed the end of S2... I came to find out it got LONGER WHAT so I opt'd out 

 

Onto Breaking Bad 

 

Meet Marie

 

 

 

 People find her hot... how ever I pretty much view her like this... in every appearance she makes... so guys MEET Marie! Ain't she HOT xD

I have no problems with long shows, as long as they're still good and not just killing time. I thought that Lost was good until the end, but sometimes it did feel like they just wanted to fill it up with whatever mystery stuff they wanted to. That being said, the mystery stuff they filled it up with, was good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Pardon my ignorance by barely ever watch TV anymore. What exactly is Angel all about and why is it so good?

Angel is basically a spin-off from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Angel is a vampire with a soul, trying to save humanity against other vampires and demons, and well, it's good imo. You have to like supernatural stuff in order to appreciate Angel.

post #20095 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Pardon my ignorance by barely ever watch TV anymore. What exactly is Angel all about and why is it so good?

It was spun off from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show. It never quite lived up to Buffy, but it was decent for the most part, IMO. 

 

The Wikipedia summary.....

 

Angel is an American television series, a spin-off from the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The series was created by Buffy's creator, Joss Whedon, in collaboration with David Greenwalt. It aired on The WB from October 5, 1999, to May 19, 2004, consisting of five seasons and 110 episodes. Like Buffy, it was produced by Whedon's production company, Mutant Enemy.

The show details the ongoing trials of Angel, a vampire whose human soul was restored to him by gypsies as a punishment for the murder of one of their own. After more than a century of murder and the torture of innocents, Angel's restored soul torments him with guilt and remorse. During the first four seasons of the show, he works as a private detective in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, California, where he and a variety of associates work to "help the helpless", restoring the faith and saving the souls of those who have lost their way.[2] Typically, this involves doing battle with evil demons or demonically allied humans, primarily related to Wolfram & Hart, a demonic law firm. He must also battle his own demonic nature.

 

And just in case you're unfamiliar with Buffy....

 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an American television series which aired from March 10, 1997 until May 20, 2003. The series was created in 1997 by writer-director Joss Whedon under his production tag, Mutant Enemy Productions with later co-executive producers being Jane EspensonDavid FuryDavid GreenwaltDoug PetrieMarti Noxon, and David Solomon. The series narrative follows Buffy Summers (played by Sarah Michelle Gellar), the latest in a line of young women known as "Vampire Slayers" or simply "Slayers". In the story, Slayers are "called" (chosen by fate) to battle against vampiresdemons, and other forces of darkness. Like previous Slayers, Buffy is aided by aWatcher, who guides, teaches, and trains her. Unlike her predecessors, Buffy surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends who become known as the "Scooby Gang".

post #20096 of 21761
Thread Starter 

I have a feeling ARLY is familiar with BUFFY.

post #20097 of 21761

ARLY? ORLY? YARLY?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

It was spun off from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show... kickass

Good post

 

Yeah, it's a decent/good show. Not the best I've seen, but good enough to make me want to see more. I also have the Buffy and Angel comic books ready for when the show is over, to start reading. I never fell for the shows when they aired, but lately I've been endeared by Buffyverse.

post #20098 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

It was spun off from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show. It never quite lived up to Buffy, but it was decent for the most part, IMO. 

 

The Wikipedia summary.....

 

Angel is an American television series, a spin-off from the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The series was created by Buffy's creator, Joss Whedon, in collaboration with David Greenwalt. It aired on The WB from October 5, 1999, to May 19, 2004, consisting of five seasons and 110 episodes. Like Buffy, it was produced by Whedon's production company, Mutant Enemy.

The show details the ongoing trials of Angel, a vampire whose human soul was restored to him by gypsies as a punishment for the murder of one of their own. After more than a century of murder and the torture of innocents, Angel's restored soul torments him with guilt and remorse. During the first four seasons of the show, he works as a private detective in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, California, where he and a variety of associates work to "help the helpless", restoring the faith and saving the souls of those who have lost their way.[2] Typically, this involves doing battle with evil demons or demonically allied humans, primarily related to Wolfram & Hart, a demonic law firm. He must also battle his own demonic nature.

 

And just in case you're unfamiliar with Buffy....

 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an American television series which aired from March 10, 1997 until May 20, 2003. The series was created in 1997 by writer-director Joss Whedon under his production tag, Mutant Enemy Productions with later co-executive producers being Jane EspensonDavid FuryDavid GreenwaltDoug PetrieMarti Noxon, and David Solomon. The series narrative follows Buffy Summers (played by Sarah Michelle Gellar), the latest in a line of young women known as "Vampire Slayers" or simply "Slayers". In the story, Slayers are "called" (chosen by fate) to battle against vampiresdemons, and other forces of darkness. Like previous Slayers, Buffy is aided by aWatcher, who guides, teaches, and trains her. Unlike her predecessors, Buffy surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends who become known as the "Scooby Gang".

Ahh. A couple of the TV shows that defined my childhood(along with Charmed, I suppose).

post #20099 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I have no problems with long shows, as long as they're still good and not just killing time. 

... Breaking Bad is just as good as people say that it is. As a fan and potential Bro-mance golder for Brian Cranston 

 

onto the show I'm at S2 Ep 7, I've spent the last 10 hours watching this man... turn slowy into a monster... and his partner... struggle to accept just how dark he is, the two are starting to come together nicely. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Walter and the blow fish! The par they are becoming 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also watching Hank get into the Mexican DEA office is a trip

So just watch it... it's not a time eater it's very good.. except Marie... ugh every time I see her... 

That face makes everything better, lets me forget how annoying she is 

post #20100 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

... Breaking Bad is just as good as people say that it is. As a fan and potential Bro-mance golder for Brian Cranston 

 

onto the show I'm at S2 Ep 7, I've spent the last 10 hours watching this man... turn slowy into a monster... and his partner... struggle to accept just how dark he is, the two are starting to come together nicely. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Walter and the blow fish! The par they are becoming 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also watching Hank get into the Mexican DEA office is a trip

So just watch it... it's not a time eater it's very good.. except Marie... ugh every time I see her... 

 

That face makes everything better, lets me forget how annoying she is 

From what I've heard, people agree with you there. A collegue at work has been praising it a lot. I'll try pitching it to wifey, or else I'll have to watch it alone. Either way, I'll watch it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2