- 1,242 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: Rocky Mountain Front Range
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- dt 770pro or 990 Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- entry level Bassy headphones Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB/LF: Koss ESP950 Last post on 11/5/13 at 11:34am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1334post #19996 of 1999912/9/13 at 10:33amFortran is also used quite a bit in satellites and other space operations. It's mainly used for solving equations, such as maneuver calculations. The reason it's never been replaced by something else is because there is a high risk related to incorrect results of calculations.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19997 of 1999912/9/13 at 12:42pmQuote:
Those two are my favorite Sonic games as well. I liked the controls on Sonic better than Mario as well, since there was only one button to use. I hate that games nowadays are so overly complex when it comes to controls. I can be without Sonic for a decade and still remember how to play. If I stay away from todays games for more than a couple of weeks, there's a re-learning curve there. I'm not saying that I don't like the games of today, I just wish they would be more easily controlled. Sometimes they make me feel like a sloth because I can't do their finger waltz combos fast enough. It's probably no problem for those accustomed to it, but I never really grew fond of it, nor do I have a great coordination skill. It's distracting, and it takes away the fun of it.Quote:Originally Posted by gelocks
Loved my C64.
My dad got us that "computer" when we were young to do school work, etc. Little did he know that it was one of the best gaming machines at the time! LOL!
Learned BASIC as well just by reading the manuals and began "programming" on it. aaahhh Memories... :p
I was a Sega fanboy and had the Master System and the Genesis. So many great games! I still listen to the SOUNDTRACK from the Streets of Rage series from time to time! Such awesomeness!
I hope you had a Tac-2 my friend. The only joystick worthy of the C64.
LOL, yeah, and reading C64 Magazines that had code for creating some simple program. Unfortunately that code used to be about 5-10 pages long, and you knew immidiately that you would misspell something and you'd sit there for hours before you find what went wrong.
I also loved the mini games some of them had while loading the main game. That's just ... the loading times were so long that they had to have a mini game to entertain the player. A mini game. While loading.Quote:Originally Posted by gelocks
Especially on old servers (Universities) and even ... banks!. But most of those systems were being slowly phased-out. I suspect that by now, no one is using it here.
Yeap... they love their Vax/VMS systems! LOL
Logged in one of them right now... :-p
The thing is that they have that old school reasoning of "let it be, it's not hurting anyone"... that is until one of them craps out and then everyone is in panic mode looking for spare hardware, etc. Oh well...
In Sweden I only know of banks using COBOL nowadays. Unfortunately the only COBOL programmers left, are old and pretty... "expensive", so to say.
Perhaps there's a future in that.post #19998 of 1999912/9/13 at 2:13pmJust a gamer? Buy a PS4. It's the no bones, minimalistic choice. Want a more immersive entertainment experience, with Google TV-like integration, DVR, apps, and tons of extra peripheral support? Get the One.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Music Game IX 2 seconds ago
- › What do I need to know about laser eye surgery? 13 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 3 minutes ago
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi