Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Charles from Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1259post #18871 of 2176010/3/13 at 1:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18872 of 2176010/3/13 at 3:36pmpost #18873 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:00pmpost #18874 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:28pmpost #18875 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:43pmpost #18876 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:47pmpost #18877 of 2176010/4/13 at 5:19ampost #18878 of 2176010/4/13 at 7:53ampost #18879 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:06ampost #18880 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:31ampost #18881 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:35ampost #18882 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:40am
exactly, cmon Blue Angle this is basic stuff here.
anyways, there is a video Add for the K812 out... it's so... consumer oriented >.>... like a beat's add with a touch of German Class :/
watched some SennHesier Adds, for the HD700 [40mm LAWL $1000 for 40mm pff what a joke] and the HD 800... now THOSE where like mini lectures! The HD800 add espically... was... just informative! They TOLD me why there where so great, From the cup chasis, teh head band and even the ... E pads! Despite them being hideous I may own a pair yet
while the k812 was just testimonials and smiles... GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE AKG so you can TAKE ME MONEY xDpost #18883 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:51ampost #18884 of 2176010/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Well for me it is, there is a reason the HD 800 pioneered size, bigger driver, better sound.
I should honestly back that claim up with something other than my listening experince over the years... still I've always found 40mm drivers to be "punchier" Oh wait I remember now
Bigger Driver=More Sub Bass... other than that I'm not sure
Or rather more realistic Sub Basspost #18885 of 2176010/4/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
I'm in full gear lust mode right now. In case you haven't seen this yet, you may want to avoid doing so if you value financial stability:
~> TWO new headphones from Audez'e, as seen above. The XC is meant to be more efficient (ehhhh...considering amps are getting more and more powerful, seems kinda odd to make orthos more efficient). The LCD-X is open. Jude says the signature is more neutral than the LCD-3, like Audez'e making a studio monitor. Ooooo. Prices are $1699 and $1799. Sigh. I'm going to need to hear these with the LAu, which just makes all orthos sound like pure love. I'm especially curious about the closed-back model.
~> Jude on the Abyss + LAu combo: "It's glorious. The two of these paired together [the Abyss and LAu] are one of my favorite headphone systems of all time."
...Hey, I agree Jude!
~> New amp from Fostex, the HP-A4. New in-ear monitor from Fostex called the TE-05. Buuuuuut.... a prototype for a new planar magnetic voiced for hi-fi listening from Fostex will be shown too. Oh man oh man.
~> New stuff from Jerry Harvey. A new flagship, the Siren Series Roxanne. It uses a trio of quads, 12 drivers per side. Uses freq-phase, uses a new plug with a proprietary design (which is actually a GOOD thing IMHO, because the cables JHA used before were too hard to insert and remove). It will be used to control the bass response, can go from flat (supposedly) to a lot of bass. Jude says the bass boost doesn't affect the mids. Price is around $1599, and for $200 more you get solid carbon fibre shells.
~> Jude mentions the Koss ESP 950. Kinda a neat coincidence, because I recently got to pair it with a much better amp than the stock one, and wow the performance really does improve substantially. In fact, the ESP 950 is up there with the flagship Stax when driven properly. Seriously. Jaw dropping. Best value in headphones? Maybe.
Gaaaah... already that's like $6000 in gear I want. That's not even factoring in the Shure SE846, along with other new CIEM companies: Canal Works getting western distribution, and a new company I can't talk about yet, but one that is going to be quite a big announcement. THAT flagship (the new company I can't talk about) will be $1600-ish as well, and I also really want one of 'em. Plus LFF has two new models out, his flagship Code X based on HiFiMan drivers and a new Paradox that will be open in design. Oh yeah, and Mr. Speakers has his Alpha Dog. Sheesh. This hobby has suddenly gone into crazy overdrive.
Which is funny, because the only two types of gear I really splurge on these days are IEMs and planar magnetic headphones. Lo and behold, we get a ton of planar magnetics and IEMs.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX 2 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 18 seconds ago
- › Chesky Vocalists Comparison: Sara K & Alexis Cole 1 minute ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Opinions on Open Planar Magnetic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Westone reliability 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...