Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1259post #18871 of 2176010/3/13 at 1:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18872 of 2176010/3/13 at 3:36pmpost #18873 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:00pmpost #18874 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:28pmpost #18875 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:43pmpost #18876 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:47pmpost #18877 of 2176010/4/13 at 5:19ampost #18878 of 2176010/4/13 at 7:53ampost #18879 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:06ampost #18880 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:31ampost #18881 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:35ampost #18882 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:40am
exactly, cmon Blue Angle this is basic stuff here.
anyways, there is a video Add for the K812 out... it's so... consumer oriented >.>... like a beat's add with a touch of German Class :/
watched some SennHesier Adds, for the HD700 [40mm LAWL $1000 for 40mm pff what a joke] and the HD 800... now THOSE where like mini lectures! The HD800 add espically... was... just informative! They TOLD me why there where so great, From the cup chasis, teh head band and even the ... E pads! Despite them being hideous I may own a pair yet
while the k812 was just testimonials and smiles... GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE AKG so you can TAKE ME MONEY xDpost #18883 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:51ampost #18884 of 2176010/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Well for me it is, there is a reason the HD 800 pioneered size, bigger driver, better sound.
I should honestly back that claim up with something other than my listening experince over the years... still I've always found 40mm drivers to be "punchier" Oh wait I remember now
Bigger Driver=More Sub Bass... other than that I'm not sure
Or rather more realistic Sub Basspost #18885 of 2176010/4/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
I'm in full gear lust mode right now. In case you haven't seen this yet, you may want to avoid doing so if you value financial stability:
~> TWO new headphones from Audez'e, as seen above. The XC is meant to be more efficient (ehhhh...considering amps are getting more and more powerful, seems kinda odd to make orthos more efficient). The LCD-X is open. Jude says the signature is more neutral than the LCD-3, like Audez'e making a studio monitor. Ooooo. Prices are $1699 and $1799. Sigh. I'm going to need to hear these with the LAu, which just makes all orthos sound like pure love. I'm especially curious about the closed-back model.
~> Jude on the Abyss + LAu combo: "It's glorious. The two of these paired together [the Abyss and LAu] are one of my favorite headphone systems of all time."
...Hey, I agree Jude!
~> New amp from Fostex, the HP-A4. New in-ear monitor from Fostex called the TE-05. Buuuuuut.... a prototype for a new planar magnetic voiced for hi-fi listening from Fostex will be shown too. Oh man oh man.
~> New stuff from Jerry Harvey. A new flagship, the Siren Series Roxanne. It uses a trio of quads, 12 drivers per side. Uses freq-phase, uses a new plug with a proprietary design (which is actually a GOOD thing IMHO, because the cables JHA used before were too hard to insert and remove). It will be used to control the bass response, can go from flat (supposedly) to a lot of bass. Jude says the bass boost doesn't affect the mids. Price is around $1599, and for $200 more you get solid carbon fibre shells.
~> Jude mentions the Koss ESP 950. Kinda a neat coincidence, because I recently got to pair it with a much better amp than the stock one, and wow the performance really does improve substantially. In fact, the ESP 950 is up there with the flagship Stax when driven properly. Seriously. Jaw dropping. Best value in headphones? Maybe.
Gaaaah... already that's like $6000 in gear I want. That's not even factoring in the Shure SE846, along with other new CIEM companies: Canal Works getting western distribution, and a new company I can't talk about yet, but one that is going to be quite a big announcement. THAT flagship (the new company I can't talk about) will be $1600-ish as well, and I also really want one of 'em. Plus LFF has two new models out, his flagship Code X based on HiFiMan drivers and a new Paradox that will be open in design. Oh yeah, and Mr. Speakers has his Alpha Dog. Sheesh. This hobby has suddenly gone into crazy overdrive.
Which is funny, because the only two types of gear I really splurge on these days are IEMs and planar magnetic headphones. Lo and behold, we get a ton of planar magnetics and IEMs.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 19 seconds ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 27 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 38 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse