Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1259post #18871 of 2176010/3/13 at 1:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18872 of 2176010/3/13 at 3:36pmpost #18873 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:00pmpost #18874 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:28pmpost #18875 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:43pmpost #18876 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:47pmpost #18877 of 2176010/4/13 at 5:19ampost #18878 of 2176010/4/13 at 7:53ampost #18879 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:06ampost #18880 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:31ampost #18881 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:35ampost #18882 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:40am
exactly, cmon Blue Angle this is basic stuff here.
anyways, there is a video Add for the K812 out... it's so... consumer oriented >.>... like a beat's add with a touch of German Class :/
watched some SennHesier Adds, for the HD700 [40mm LAWL $1000 for 40mm pff what a joke] and the HD 800... now THOSE where like mini lectures! The HD800 add espically... was... just informative! They TOLD me why there where so great, From the cup chasis, teh head band and even the ... E pads! Despite them being hideous I may own a pair yet
while the k812 was just testimonials and smiles... GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE AKG so you can TAKE ME MONEY xDpost #18883 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:51ampost #18884 of 2176010/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Well for me it is, there is a reason the HD 800 pioneered size, bigger driver, better sound.
I should honestly back that claim up with something other than my listening experince over the years... still I've always found 40mm drivers to be "punchier" Oh wait I remember now
Bigger Driver=More Sub Bass... other than that I'm not sure
Or rather more realistic Sub Basspost #18885 of 2176010/4/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
I'm in full gear lust mode right now. In case you haven't seen this yet, you may want to avoid doing so if you value financial stability:
~> TWO new headphones from Audez'e, as seen above. The XC is meant to be more efficient (ehhhh...considering amps are getting more and more powerful, seems kinda odd to make orthos more efficient). The LCD-X is open. Jude says the signature is more neutral than the LCD-3, like Audez'e making a studio monitor. Ooooo. Prices are $1699 and $1799. Sigh. I'm going to need to hear these with the LAu, which just makes all orthos sound like pure love. I'm especially curious about the closed-back model.
~> Jude on the Abyss + LAu combo: "It's glorious. The two of these paired together [the Abyss and LAu] are one of my favorite headphone systems of all time."
...Hey, I agree Jude!
~> New amp from Fostex, the HP-A4. New in-ear monitor from Fostex called the TE-05. Buuuuuut.... a prototype for a new planar magnetic voiced for hi-fi listening from Fostex will be shown too. Oh man oh man.
~> New stuff from Jerry Harvey. A new flagship, the Siren Series Roxanne. It uses a trio of quads, 12 drivers per side. Uses freq-phase, uses a new plug with a proprietary design (which is actually a GOOD thing IMHO, because the cables JHA used before were too hard to insert and remove). It will be used to control the bass response, can go from flat (supposedly) to a lot of bass. Jude says the bass boost doesn't affect the mids. Price is around $1599, and for $200 more you get solid carbon fibre shells.
~> Jude mentions the Koss ESP 950. Kinda a neat coincidence, because I recently got to pair it with a much better amp than the stock one, and wow the performance really does improve substantially. In fact, the ESP 950 is up there with the flagship Stax when driven properly. Seriously. Jaw dropping. Best value in headphones? Maybe.
Gaaaah... already that's like $6000 in gear I want. That's not even factoring in the Shure SE846, along with other new CIEM companies: Canal Works getting western distribution, and a new company I can't talk about yet, but one that is going to be quite a big announcement. THAT flagship (the new company I can't talk about) will be $1600-ish as well, and I also really want one of 'em. Plus LFF has two new models out, his flagship Code X based on HiFiMan drivers and a new Paradox that will be open in design. Oh yeah, and Mr. Speakers has his Alpha Dog. Sheesh. This hobby has suddenly gone into crazy overdrive.
Which is funny, because the only two types of gear I really splurge on these days are IEMs and planar magnetic headphones. Lo and behold, we get a ton of planar magnetics and IEMs.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 21 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for external solution for listening to PC and PS4 at same... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods 5 minutes ago
- › Sony UDA-1 Silver Headphone Amp/DAC UDA1S UDA-1S 5 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...