Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1259post #18871 of 2176010/3/13 at 1:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18872 of 2176010/3/13 at 3:36pmpost #18873 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:00pmpost #18874 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:28pmpost #18875 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:43pmpost #18876 of 2176010/3/13 at 9:47pmpost #18877 of 2176010/4/13 at 5:19ampost #18878 of 2176010/4/13 at 7:53ampost #18879 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:06ampost #18880 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:31ampost #18881 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:35ampost #18882 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:40am
exactly, cmon Blue Angle this is basic stuff here.
anyways, there is a video Add for the K812 out... it's so... consumer oriented >.>... like a beat's add with a touch of German Class :/
watched some SennHesier Adds, for the HD700 [40mm LAWL $1000 for 40mm pff what a joke] and the HD 800... now THOSE where like mini lectures! The HD800 add espically... was... just informative! They TOLD me why there where so great, From the cup chasis, teh head band and even the ... E pads! Despite them being hideous I may own a pair yet
while the k812 was just testimonials and smiles... GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE AKG so you can TAKE ME MONEY xDpost #18883 of 2176010/4/13 at 8:51ampost #18884 of 2176010/4/13 at 9:05amQuote:
Well for me it is, there is a reason the HD 800 pioneered size, bigger driver, better sound.
I should honestly back that claim up with something other than my listening experince over the years... still I've always found 40mm drivers to be "punchier" Oh wait I remember now
Bigger Driver=More Sub Bass... other than that I'm not sure
Or rather more realistic Sub Basspost #18885 of 2176010/4/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
I'm in full gear lust mode right now. In case you haven't seen this yet, you may want to avoid doing so if you value financial stability:
~> TWO new headphones from Audez'e, as seen above. The XC is meant to be more efficient (ehhhh...considering amps are getting more and more powerful, seems kinda odd to make orthos more efficient). The LCD-X is open. Jude says the signature is more neutral than the LCD-3, like Audez'e making a studio monitor. Ooooo. Prices are $1699 and $1799. Sigh. I'm going to need to hear these with the LAu, which just makes all orthos sound like pure love. I'm especially curious about the closed-back model.
~> Jude on the Abyss + LAu combo: "It's glorious. The two of these paired together [the Abyss and LAu] are one of my favorite headphone systems of all time."
...Hey, I agree Jude!
~> New amp from Fostex, the HP-A4. New in-ear monitor from Fostex called the TE-05. Buuuuuut.... a prototype for a new planar magnetic voiced for hi-fi listening from Fostex will be shown too. Oh man oh man.
~> New stuff from Jerry Harvey. A new flagship, the Siren Series Roxanne. It uses a trio of quads, 12 drivers per side. Uses freq-phase, uses a new plug with a proprietary design (which is actually a GOOD thing IMHO, because the cables JHA used before were too hard to insert and remove). It will be used to control the bass response, can go from flat (supposedly) to a lot of bass. Jude says the bass boost doesn't affect the mids. Price is around $1599, and for $200 more you get solid carbon fibre shells.
~> Jude mentions the Koss ESP 950. Kinda a neat coincidence, because I recently got to pair it with a much better amp than the stock one, and wow the performance really does improve substantially. In fact, the ESP 950 is up there with the flagship Stax when driven properly. Seriously. Jaw dropping. Best value in headphones? Maybe.
Gaaaah... already that's like $6000 in gear I want. That's not even factoring in the Shure SE846, along with other new CIEM companies: Canal Works getting western distribution, and a new company I can't talk about yet, but one that is going to be quite a big announcement. THAT flagship (the new company I can't talk about) will be $1600-ish as well, and I also really want one of 'em. Plus LFF has two new models out, his flagship Code X based on HiFiMan drivers and a new Paradox that will be open in design. Oh yeah, and Mr. Speakers has his Alpha Dog. Sheesh. This hobby has suddenly gone into crazy overdrive.
Which is funny, because the only two types of gear I really splurge on these days are IEMs and planar magnetic headphones. Lo and behold, we get a ton of planar magnetics and IEMs.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › RHA MA-750i Review 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 57 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Would this setup work: Console + DAC/amp + Y splitter + headphones... 6 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...