Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1257post #18841 of 217609/30/13 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18842 of 217609/30/13 at 9:16pmpost #18843 of 217609/30/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
They pulling those tubes out of whats left of the pacific fleet to sell now?post #18844 of 217609/30/13 at 9:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
Haven't encountered that much of it, but IIRC it's there in some tracks.
Indeed it is. This trend is not looking too good for me lol since all my impulse purchases are a keeper, and I fear one day a particular impulse purchase will meant emptying my bank account in a bout of madness... Like the sony anniversary walkman........
Whatever you do DO NOT look in the Alpha Dog thread. I repeat.........post #18845 of 217609/30/13 at 9:38pmYou have to be kidding me... that postcode is not 125480.... That's not real right? Since that's where I was for the past 4 years (well true that the area covered by the postcode 125480 is kind of big, but still...)post #18846 of 217609/30/13 at 9:40pmToo bad DF, even with the refreshing Singapore meet didn't make me all that interested in new headphones purchases, so I'm fine with looking at the Alpha Dogs.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I finally got to try that D7100. It sounds mediocre considering the price. That's all I can remember lol. I mean, it's around the T1 and HD800 price isn't it? At least the T1 made me hate itself for being a commercial weaponized treble of death dispenser, and HD800 illicit some sort of holographic imaging and without the supposed sharp yet high quality treble. The D7100... just disappointment.
Edited by jgray91 - 9/30/13 at 9:45pmpost #18847 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:47amYou know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
Mmmmmm.post #18848 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
You know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
better get to modding :3post #18849 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:10pmpost #18850 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:59pmpost #18851 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:35pmQuote:
They are fun to listen to, and easily powered as well. I've had mine for over a year now, and they still get more head time than any of my other sets of 'phones (granted, I don't have as elaborate a collection as many of the people here).post #18852 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:54pmpost #18853 of 2176010/1/13 at 10:11pmpost #18854 of 2176010/2/13 at 12:40ampost #18855 of 2176010/2/13 at 4:15amQuote:
Whoops, forgot about this. It doesn't have the temple pads though...
And staying on "pipe dreams" (because lets be honest, another on-ear headphones like the portapro only with increased quality is kind of one), I'd like for some company to continue on with what Koss did in KDE250. That's a swell thing, and I really liked it, before I gave it to my father for his birthday.
While reading a discussion on the new Sony DAPs in The Other Place, a question floated in my head: will you get both Walkmen, MF?
Edited by jgray91 - 10/2/13 at 4:43am
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Having trouble choosing between a few different close-back phones... 42 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 1 minute ago
- › New VAD DAC 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3