Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1257
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They pulling those tubes out of whats left of the pacific fleet to sell now?
Haven't encountered that much of it, but IIRC it's there in some tracks.
Indeed it is. This trend is not looking too good for me lol since all my impulse purchases are a keeper, and I fear one day a particular impulse purchase will meant emptying my bank account in a bout of madness... Like the sony anniversary walkman........
Whatever you do DO NOT look in the Alpha Dog thread. I repeat.........
DO NOT LOOK (Click to show)
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I finally got to try that D7100. It sounds mediocre considering the price. That's all I can remember lol. I mean, it's around the T1 and HD800 price isn't it? At least the T1 made me hate itself for being a commercial weaponized treble of death dispenser, and HD800 illicit some sort of holographic imaging and without the supposed sharp yet high quality treble. The D7100... just disappointment.
Edited by jgray91 - 9/30/13 at 9:45pm
You know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
better get to modding :3
They are fun to listen to, and easily powered as well. I've had mine for over a year now, and they still get more head time than any of my other sets of 'phones (granted, I don't have as elaborate a collection as many of the people here).
Whoops, forgot about this. It doesn't have the temple pads though...
And staying on "pipe dreams" (because lets be honest, another on-ear headphones like the portapro only with increased quality is kind of one), I'd like for some company to continue on with what Koss did in KDE250. That's a swell thing, and I really liked it, before I gave it to my father for his birthday.
While reading a discussion on the new Sony DAPs in The Other Place, a question floated in my head: will you get both Walkmen, MF?
Edited by jgray91 - 10/2/13 at 4:43am
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 23 seconds ago
- › Help with New headphones up to £200 / $300 looking for the wow factor 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster Z Issues 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2