Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1257post #18841 of 217609/30/13 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18842 of 217609/30/13 at 9:16pmpost #18843 of 217609/30/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
They pulling those tubes out of whats left of the pacific fleet to sell now?post #18844 of 217609/30/13 at 9:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
Haven't encountered that much of it, but IIRC it's there in some tracks.
Indeed it is. This trend is not looking too good for me lol since all my impulse purchases are a keeper, and I fear one day a particular impulse purchase will meant emptying my bank account in a bout of madness... Like the sony anniversary walkman........
Whatever you do DO NOT look in the Alpha Dog thread. I repeat.........post #18845 of 217609/30/13 at 9:38pmYou have to be kidding me... that postcode is not 125480.... That's not real right? Since that's where I was for the past 4 years (well true that the area covered by the postcode 125480 is kind of big, but still...)post #18846 of 217609/30/13 at 9:40pmToo bad DF, even with the refreshing Singapore meet didn't make me all that interested in new headphones purchases, so I'm fine with looking at the Alpha Dogs.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I finally got to try that D7100. It sounds mediocre considering the price. That's all I can remember lol. I mean, it's around the T1 and HD800 price isn't it? At least the T1 made me hate itself for being a commercial weaponized treble of death dispenser, and HD800 illicit some sort of holographic imaging and without the supposed sharp yet high quality treble. The D7100... just disappointment.
Edited by jgray91 - 9/30/13 at 9:45pmpost #18847 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:47amYou know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
Mmmmmm.post #18848 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
You know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
better get to modding :3post #18849 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:10pmpost #18850 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:59pmpost #18851 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:35pmQuote:
They are fun to listen to, and easily powered as well. I've had mine for over a year now, and they still get more head time than any of my other sets of 'phones (granted, I don't have as elaborate a collection as many of the people here).post #18852 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:54pmpost #18853 of 2176010/1/13 at 10:11pmpost #18854 of 2176010/2/13 at 12:40ampost #18855 of 2176010/2/13 at 4:15amQuote:
Whoops, forgot about this. It doesn't have the temple pads though...
And staying on "pipe dreams" (because lets be honest, another on-ear headphones like the portapro only with increased quality is kind of one), I'd like for some company to continue on with what Koss did in KDE250. That's a swell thing, and I really liked it, before I gave it to my father for his birthday.
While reading a discussion on the new Sony DAPs in The Other Place, a question floated in my head: will you get both Walkmen, MF?
Edited by jgray91 - 10/2/13 at 4:43am
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Appreciation/Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)