Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1257post #18841 of 217609/30/13 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18842 of 217609/30/13 at 9:16pmpost #18843 of 217609/30/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
They pulling those tubes out of whats left of the pacific fleet to sell now?post #18844 of 217609/30/13 at 9:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
Haven't encountered that much of it, but IIRC it's there in some tracks.
Indeed it is. This trend is not looking too good for me lol since all my impulse purchases are a keeper, and I fear one day a particular impulse purchase will meant emptying my bank account in a bout of madness... Like the sony anniversary walkman........
Whatever you do DO NOT look in the Alpha Dog thread. I repeat.........post #18845 of 217609/30/13 at 9:38pmYou have to be kidding me... that postcode is not 125480.... That's not real right? Since that's where I was for the past 4 years (well true that the area covered by the postcode 125480 is kind of big, but still...)post #18846 of 217609/30/13 at 9:40pmToo bad DF, even with the refreshing Singapore meet didn't make me all that interested in new headphones purchases, so I'm fine with looking at the Alpha Dogs.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I finally got to try that D7100. It sounds mediocre considering the price. That's all I can remember lol. I mean, it's around the T1 and HD800 price isn't it? At least the T1 made me hate itself for being a commercial weaponized treble of death dispenser, and HD800 illicit some sort of holographic imaging and without the supposed sharp yet high quality treble. The D7100... just disappointment.
Edited by jgray91 - 9/30/13 at 9:45pmpost #18847 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:47amYou know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
Mmmmmm.post #18848 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
You know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
better get to modding :3post #18849 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:10pmpost #18850 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:59pmpost #18851 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:35pmQuote:
They are fun to listen to, and easily powered as well. I've had mine for over a year now, and they still get more head time than any of my other sets of 'phones (granted, I don't have as elaborate a collection as many of the people here).post #18852 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:54pmpost #18853 of 2176010/1/13 at 10:11pmpost #18854 of 2176010/2/13 at 12:40ampost #18855 of 2176010/2/13 at 4:15amQuote:
Whoops, forgot about this. It doesn't have the temple pads though...
And staying on "pipe dreams" (because lets be honest, another on-ear headphones like the portapro only with increased quality is kind of one), I'd like for some company to continue on with what Koss did in KDE250. That's a swell thing, and I really liked it, before I gave it to my father for his birthday.
While reading a discussion on the new Sony DAPs in The Other Place, a question floated in my head: will you get both Walkmen, MF?
Edited by jgray91 - 10/2/13 at 4:43am
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 30 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 56 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Is realtek ALC892 onboard DAC or FIIO Olympus E10K better? 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...