Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1257post #18841 of 217609/30/13 at 8:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18842 of 217609/30/13 at 9:16pmpost #18843 of 217609/30/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
They pulling those tubes out of whats left of the pacific fleet to sell now?post #18844 of 217609/30/13 at 9:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
Haven't encountered that much of it, but IIRC it's there in some tracks.
Indeed it is. This trend is not looking too good for me lol since all my impulse purchases are a keeper, and I fear one day a particular impulse purchase will meant emptying my bank account in a bout of madness... Like the sony anniversary walkman........
Whatever you do DO NOT look in the Alpha Dog thread. I repeat.........post #18845 of 217609/30/13 at 9:38pmYou have to be kidding me... that postcode is not 125480.... That's not real right? Since that's where I was for the past 4 years (well true that the area covered by the postcode 125480 is kind of big, but still...)post #18846 of 217609/30/13 at 9:40pmToo bad DF, even with the refreshing Singapore meet didn't make me all that interested in new headphones purchases, so I'm fine with looking at the Alpha Dogs.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I finally got to try that D7100. It sounds mediocre considering the price. That's all I can remember lol. I mean, it's around the T1 and HD800 price isn't it? At least the T1 made me hate itself for being a commercial weaponized treble of death dispenser, and HD800 illicit some sort of holographic imaging and without the supposed sharp yet high quality treble. The D7100... just disappointment.
Edited by jgray91 - 9/30/13 at 9:45pmpost #18847 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:47amYou know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
Mmmmmm.post #18848 of 2176010/1/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
You know, after fiddling around with my ES88, I wish there's some kind of love child between the ES88 and the Koss (S)Portapro, with some sort of temple pad married with the ES88 swingy/swively earcup so that the pressure is away from the ear bone area, and foldable "into" the headband like the Koss.
better get to modding :3post #18849 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:10pmpost #18850 of 2176010/1/13 at 5:59pmpost #18851 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:35pmQuote:
They are fun to listen to, and easily powered as well. I've had mine for over a year now, and they still get more head time than any of my other sets of 'phones (granted, I don't have as elaborate a collection as many of the people here).post #18852 of 2176010/1/13 at 8:54pmpost #18853 of 2176010/1/13 at 10:11pmpost #18854 of 2176010/2/13 at 12:40ampost #18855 of 2176010/2/13 at 4:15amQuote:
Whoops, forgot about this. It doesn't have the temple pads though...
And staying on "pipe dreams" (because lets be honest, another on-ear headphones like the portapro only with increased quality is kind of one), I'd like for some company to continue on with what Koss did in KDE250. That's a swell thing, and I really liked it, before I gave it to my father for his birthday.
While reading a discussion on the new Sony DAPs in The Other Place, a question floated in my head: will you get both Walkmen, MF?
Edited by jgray91 - 10/2/13 at 4:43am
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Introducing a high quality "Wireless" cable from LEAR! (Don't miss... 4 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 5 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Who are you going to vote for? 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10 Line Out > Headphone Out? 12 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 12 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 14 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...