Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1256  

post #18826 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post
 

 

Does it sound anything like your old one? >_>

Yes and no. When I sold my old one my setup wasn't anywhere as good as it is now. The setup back then was my Leckerton amps/ the RX MKII and my iPod or laptop as DAC. Three quarters of the time when at home I would just use the DAC from my Leckerton UHA-6. The Beyer's have really scaled up due to me now using the CLAS-db (more natural sounding sig overall) and the RX MKIII-B/iCAN (far better separation,dynamics, control and clarity). Right now I'm pretty happy with how they're sounding. So far I'd have to say the iCAN seems to be slightly edging out the RX MKIII-B amp. Mind you I haven't tried the RX MKIII-B in balanced mode yet so we'll see how that works out. Oh, the Beyer also sounds pretty good with the DX50 although sound stage and a bit of clarity seems to take a hit when compared to the other gear mentioned. Even so it sounds by far better then out of my iPhone or iPod. Also, this DT1350 is the updated version. Recently Beyerdynamic updated the DT1350 cups and made them slightly bigger and added more padding to the headband. I'm glad to report getting a proper fit with the updated DT1350 is by far easier now and I'm getting a proper seal within 30 seconds once the music starts playing. Isolation seems a little better, comfort, about on par as I remember from before. This weekend when I have time I'll be comparing how it sounds from my iPod mated to my Leckerton vs the DX50 vs the Studio V


Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/27/13 at 11:20pm
post #18827 of 21761

For all you CIEM-obsessed folk: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683632/livezoner41-impressions-appreciation-thread

post #18828 of 21761
Quote:tomsy2001
 For all you CIEM-obsessed folk

Yes, you in the third row with that bewildered look on your face.

 

Own it, and get on with the music...

post #18829 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Yes, you in the third row with that bewildered look on your face.

 

Own it, and get on with the music...

 

*removes HE 400 from his head*

 

What'd you say.. something about cIems... no thanks I've got open back fulls :3 

post #18830 of 21761

I just made up my mind: I'm getting the 5S. First of all, I really like IOS7 (I really do, it's great IMO). Second, with my iPad I can only think of benefits in terms of syncing, going with an iPhone as opposed to an Android flagship. Third, I just looked at the numbers how much flagship phones cost, and yeah, Android flagships are basically just as expensive. Last but not least, the sheer amount of accessories such as cases and so on, is ridiculous. I think the 5S will suit me just fine.

 

Though, I'm really wondering how much the 64-bit architecture is going to affect me. Truth be told, I'm thinking that 64-bit on phones, for NOW, are merely marketing gimmicks and that the only apps for a while that are really going to benefit from a 64-bit architecture are specialized professional apps, rather than for people like me -- the Joe Schmoes. Especially on a phone. On a tablet, well, that's another story, a tablet can be used for more with it's bigger screen and so on. A phone is just a phone is just a phone is just a pho...

 

On the other hand, it's a cool thing to be able to brag, "Hey, I have a 64-bit phone..". I just hope the discussion ends there, because I couldn't answer why I have a 64-bit phone.

 

No, the real reason I'd go with an iPhone is because I'm infatuated with the IOS experience, and because I already have (two) IOS devices. Furthermore, why I choose the 5S over the 5C is because it's just a damned sexy beast.

post #18831 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I just made up my mind: I'm getting the 5S. First of all, I really like IOS7 (I really do, it's great IMO). Second, with my iPad I can only think of benefits in terms of syncing, going with an iPhone as opposed to an Android flagship. Third, I just looked at the numbers how much flagship phones cost, and yeah, Android flagships are basically just as expensive. Last but not least, the sheer amount of accessories such as cases and so on, is ridiculous. I think the 5S will suit me just fine.

 

Though, I'm really wondering how much the 64-bit architecture is going to affect me. Truth be told, I'm thinking that 64-bit on phones, for NOW, are merely marketing gimmicks and that the only apps for a while that are really going to benefit from a 64-bit architecture are specialized professional apps, rather than for people like me -- the Joe Schmoes. Especially on a phone. On a tablet, well, that's another story, a tablet can be used for more with it's bigger screen and so on. A phone is just a phone is just a phone is just a pho...

 

On the other hand, it's a cool thing to be able to brag, "Hey, I have a 64-bit phone..". I just hope the discussion ends there, because I couldn't answer why I have a 64-bit phone.

 

No, the real reason I'd go with an iPhone is because I'm infatuated with the IOS experience, and because I already have (two) IOS devices. Furthermore, why I choose the 5S over the 5C is because it's just a damned sexy beast.

 

If you already have iPad, mac laptop etc then the syncing makes a lot of sense, getting things to sync across iOS and Android is not nearly as easy IMO.  5S looks like a nice phone, my brother in law should be getting his one tomorrow so I will check it out.  I think the 64 bit allows for some different instruction sets, the ram addressing thing is irrelevant, but the different instructions can be more efficient if they are used, at least that is how I understand it.

 

I don't really get the 5C, it seems to be cheaper for mobile contracts, but to buy outright it's only marginally cheaper, at least in Australia.  I actually like the usability of iOS7, just not the occasional lags and laggy keyboard.  I should expect that the increased performance of the 5S should fix that though.


Edited by drez - 9/30/13 at 2:55am
post #18832 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
 

 

If you already have iPad, mac laptop etc then the syncing makes a lot of sense, getting things to sync across iOS and Android is not nearly as easy IMO.  5S looks like a nice phone, my brother in law should be getting his one tomorrow so I will check it out.  I think the 64 bit allows for some different instruction sets, the ram addressing thing is irrelevant, but the different instructions can be more efficient if they are used, at least that is how I understand it.

 

I don't really get the 5C, it seems to be cheaper for mobile contracts, but to buy outright it's only marginally cheaper, at least in Australia.  I actually like the usability of iOS7, just not the occasional lags and laggy keyboard.

 

I have two iPads (the regular and the mini, but I gave the mini to my kids - no, not spoiled kids at all, a 64 GB iPad mini is a normal gift for a pair of 3 and 5 year old siblings, LOL). Other than that I have a self-built PC that I barely use anymore. I do about 80-90% of my computer based stuff (surfing, mailing, IM:ing etc.) on the iPad. The only thing I do on the PC is torrenting and well, managing iTunes for the iPad. So, basically I'd just be using the iPad and the iPhone - both of which would follow me everywhere I go. In that sense, I think a iPhone makes more sense than an Android device. The one I have now is the Note 2 that is actually my work phone, and with IT you never know when you're forced to look for a new job etc. so I both want and pretty much need a personal phone. I had an Android phone about a year ago, but it broke and I haven't bought one since I could use my work phone. 

 

I agree on the 5C. It's the same here in Sweden, it's just marginally cheaper, however, from my understanding it's no slouch either, pretty much comparable to the iPhone 5 outside of the plastic outside. I mean, it's a good phone in and of itself, but if they want to sell it as a cheaper alternative, they failed in making it a lot cheaper in Sweden. I bet it won't sell so good over here. On the other hand, I can understand teens wanting to go with the more colorful option instead of a more "mature design". Also, I can understand unassuming people going for the cheaper version if they don't really know why they should go for the more expensive 5S. For the money they could buy a nice case or take a friend for a nice dinner, or whatever... Even if it's just marginally cheaper, it's still cheaper.

post #18833 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

 

I have two iPads (the regular and the mini, but I gave the mini to my kids - no, not spoiled kids at all, a 64 GB iPad mini is a normal gift for a pair of 3 and 5 year old siblings, LOL). Other than that I have a self-built PC that I barely use anymore. I do about 80-90% of my computer based stuff (surfing, mailing, IM:ing etc.) on the iPad. The only thing I do on the PC is torrenting and well, managing iTunes for the iPad. So, basically I'd just be using the iPad and the iPhone - both of which would follow me everywhere I go. In that sense, I think a iPhone makes more sense than an Android device. The one I have now is the Note 2 that is actually my work phone, and with IT you never know when you're forced to look for a new job etc. so I both want and pretty much need a personal phone. I had an Android phone about a year ago, but it broke and I haven't bought one since I could use my work phone. 

 

I agree on the 5C. It's the same here in Sweden, it's just marginally cheaper, however, from my understanding it's no slouch either, pretty much comparable to the iPhone 5 outside of the plastic outside. I mean, it's a good phone in and of itself, but if they want to sell it as a cheaper alternative, they failed in making it a lot cheaper in Sweden. I bet it won't sell so good over here. On the other hand, I can understand teens wanting to go with the more colorful option instead of a more "mature design". Also, I can understand unassuming people going for the cheaper version if they don't really know why they should go for the more expensive 5S. For the money they could buy a nice case or take a friend for a nice dinner, or whatever... Even if it's just marginally cheaper, it's still cheaper.

 

I think if I were to buy a phone right now it would be the 5S mostly because of how practical photostream is, and also because they have incredibly good resale.  My brother in law (also in IT) changes his phone/ipad/laptop pretty much every year without exception, and the resale really helps him.  He can write the costs off as work expense so it actually costs him very little.  I also run a PC, and these days I use it 80% for music, 15% for games, maybe 5% for torrents.  I do most work on my laptop as its just easier than having to move files around unless you have synced folders or something, which doesn't appeal to me as I'm paranoid about background tasks, and have effectively crippled the security on my PC.

 

I think the 5C is actually quite a lot cheaper on subsidised mobile contracts compared to the 5S, so I guess the carries get some sort of different pricing?  I guess the different colours might be nice as well.  Speaking of colours, I have ordered one of these to rebuild my PC:

 

 

It was close between the red and the orange, but the red won out for some reason.  Actually my friend put me onto this company, only downside is the shipping makes them a bit pricy outside of Europe.

post #18834 of 21761

Good news, for those of you that know that I forced my pb1 into my gain for ever, i found out the hm801 headphone amp is a smidge warmer than the pb1 [me gusta] the sound stage is equal with a touch more low mid bump and a smide less upp mids[from the pb1] so :D yay, that means  I don't even need it unless I'm driving my Dt 880 portably... which means seeing as I can never sell it as it's busted sorta, I can how ever resever it for my he 400 and dt 880 both of which need the power of gain de high

post #18835 of 21761
Mmmmmm

I think I'm finally opening up to the ES88. I am loving it more and more now.

It just needs some Nana Mizuki, Yuuki Aoi, Ayahi Takagaki and Hikasa Yoko.
Edited by jgray91 - 9/30/13 at 1:01pm
post #18836 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Mmmmmm

I think I'm finally opening up to the ES88. I am loving it more and more now.

It just needs some Nana Mizuki, Yuuki Aoi, Ayahi Takagaki and Hikasa Yoko.

Wow, does that come with Wasabi?

 

 

Found the 88's to be slightly sharp myself.

post #18837 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Mmmmmm

I think I'm finally opening up to the ES88. I am loving it more and more now.

It just needs some Nana Mizuki, Yuuki Aoi, Ayahi Takagaki and Hikasa Yoko.

So they're keepers for u ?
post #18838 of 21761

Glad you are enjoying it :3

post #18839 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Mmmmmm

I think I'm finally opening up to the ES88. I am loving it more and more now.

It just needs some Nana Mizuki, Yuuki Aoi, Ayahi Takagaki and Hikasa Yoko.

 

Must be Nana Mouskouri's Japanese doppelganger?

 

I joke of course - I have no idea who either of these people are.  I only recall Nana Mouskouri from greek ethnic humour.  I am not Greek.  

post #18840 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

Glad you are enjoying it :3

 

I'm also enjoying my ReCabled HE 400s. J$ and a Balanced Toxic Hybrid <3 Me gusta 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2