^After this how can i compete with my birthday wishes :/ Anyways happy birthday DF and I wish you a happy and rewarding year to come! And many happy returns.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1255post #18811 of 217609/27/13 at 6:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18812 of 217609/27/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I like it. At least it doesn't have the awkward bump of the Sony.post #18813 of 217609/27/13 at 7:58ampost #18814 of 217609/27/13 at 8:13amThread Starter
So far GTA V is not doing it for me. Game design is just frustrating, and I find myself failing missions before I even have a clear indication of what I'm doing. The gas grenade one where you have to find a van and get its cargo to pull off a heist for instance. I set the marker on the map where it's labeled *heist preparation*, and the game gives me GPS directions. I drive along following said directions, but suddenly the van spawns pretty far away from where the game is telling me to go, so literally I get "you lost the van!" before I could even see it because I'm driving where my GPS is telling me to go. So I restart and find the van on my own, but suddenly the game decides I'm not actively on this mission anymore because I didn't set the useless GPS marker which, for some reason, has reset. So I get a phone call with another mission in the middle of this current mission I'm trying to complete. Finally, on try # 3, I get to said van and try to shoot the back door like the game tells me to do, but for some reason the drive-by weapons don't work. Huh. They worked right up this point, and they worked afterward, but during the actual part with the van the game glitches out and lo and behold no drive-by shooting. Finally on try # 4 the planets align, and I can complete the stupid mission. Now, about the call the game tossed in my direction, maybe now I can... no, wait, the game insists I do the heist now and wont let me save after launching me into the mission.
So yeah, this game frustrates me on so many tiny little details that add up to a pretty annoying whole. Yes, it's an impressive game in many respects, but I find myself fumbling around often times trying to figure out the very narrow margin of what the game wants me to do rather than what I want to do. LOL. I suspect some GTA fans will argue with me about how I'm doing this or that wrong, about how I'm missing the point, etc. But damn if I didn't enjoy Saints Row IV so much more.
I'm still going to keep playing. Maybe it'll get better for me as time goes on or something.
Edited by MuppetFace - 9/27/13 at 9:14ampost #18815 of 217609/27/13 at 8:25amQuote:
Those are valid questions --- I will ask them in exactly that kind of tone! Sure, I will add them to the list... as well as my own personal one, whether or not he'll release high-impedance earphones once again... I want a super hard-to-drive IEM, one that requires 6x gain tube amps... coil that voice coil!
Somehow I thought the latest iteration was GTA VI? Or maybe I'm just confused? I hardly follow gaming anymore...post #18816 of 217609/27/13 at 10:02am
Happy B-Day DF!
WRT GTA V: While, in theory, the "more polished" missions should appeal to me, it seemed like a turn-off in the videos I've watched. I find loose feeling gameplay more gratifying than not in these kinda games. IDK, just makes me feel more like I'm actually doing a thing.
Sometimes I feel like I have some kinda gamer cortex in my brain that's rapidly decaying. Yesterday I was telling my friend that "GTA V would probably seem more worthwhile for me if they just, like, put pieces of candy all around that huge map. Then I could just run and jump around collecting them as some vague incentive to occupy and appreciate all the little nooks and crannies of this world..." I mean, Crackdown was kind of like that, but its map didn't feel very polished and the super jump thing ruined some of the "exploration."
Or maybe I just don't like games as much anymore :/
Also, I don't actually have GTA V; I'm waiting to see if there'll be a PC port.
Edited by driver 8 - 9/27/13 at 10:08ampost #18817 of 217609/27/13 at 10:14amI should flog myself for not updating (read: actually writing one) my resume earlier, and not on the night before a huge career fair that most probably have resume drop points for a few companies. But nooooooooooope. I chose to procrastinate and now I have to burn the midnight oil and make a most probably passable at hopeful best of a resume. And even possibly without a character reference too, which is the biggest blow against myself that I can think of...post #18818 of 217609/27/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
WHAT the flying heck? That's nifty looking... to bad I just got a Hm 801 q.q
and interesting story about the 801 pb1 combo I"m running [SE with modded w1000x]... it first of all buried my mStage n oDac [shocked :O and happy] it ALSO kicks' the AGD in the BUTT with SE vs SE :O the AGD SE lacks SOUND stage and imaging :O what! Some how the Hm 801 and pb1 have a better SE combo output than the AGD 10ES2 [of the balanced AGD out is epic]
I found that interesting, really makes me want to balance my w1000x though q.qpost #18819 of 217609/27/13 at 4:51pmpost #18820 of 217609/27/13 at 7:10pmpost #18821 of 217609/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #18822 of 217609/27/13 at 9:02pm
I bought myself a present and it arrived today right on time for my birthday. The baby T1 is back in my collection, DT1350 is in the house!!!! I so missed this little can I should have never sold it.
Thanks for the birthday well wishes guys
Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/27/13 at 9:57pmpost #18823 of 217609/27/13 at 9:46pmpost #18824 of 217609/27/13 at 10:06pmQuote:
Does it sound anything like your old one? >_>post #18825 of 217609/27/13 at 11:16pm
Yes and no. When I sold my old one my setup wasn't anywhere as good as it is now. The setup back then was my Leckerton amps/ the RX MKII and my iPod or laptop as DAC. Three quarters of the time when at home I would just use the DAC from my Leckerton UHA-6. The Beyer's have really scaled up due to me now using the CLAS-db (more natural sounding sig overall) and the RX MKIII-B/iCAN (far better separation,dynamics, control and clarity). Right now I'm pretty happy with how they're sounding. So far I'd have to say the iCAN seems to be slightly edging out the RX MKIII-B amp. Mind you I haven't tried the RX MKIII-B in balanced mode yet so we'll see how that works out. Oh, the Beyer also sounds pretty good with the DX50 although sound stage and a bit of clarity seems to take a hit when compared to the other gear mentioned. Even so it sounds by far better then out of my iPhone or iPod. Also, this DT1350 is the updated version. Recently Beyerdynamic updated the DT1350 cups and made them slightly bigger and added more padding to the headband. I'm glad to report getting a proper fit with the updated DT1350 is by far easier now and I'm getting a proper seal within 30 seconds once the music starts playing. Isolation seems a little better, comfort, about on par as I remember from before. This weekend when I have time I'll be comparing how it sounds from my iPod mated to my Leckerton vs the DX50 vs the Studio V
Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/27/13 at 11:20pm
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 55 seconds ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 8 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 9 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 11 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 12 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 14 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2