^After this how can i compete with my birthday wishes :/ Anyways happy birthday DF and I wish you a happy and rewarding year to come! And many happy returns.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1255
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I like it. At least it doesn't have the awkward bump of the Sony.
So far GTA V is not doing it for me. Game design is just frustrating, and I find myself failing missions before I even have a clear indication of what I'm doing. The gas grenade one where you have to find a van and get its cargo to pull off a heist for instance. I set the marker on the map where it's labeled *heist preparation*, and the game gives me GPS directions. I drive along following said directions, but suddenly the van spawns pretty far away from where the game is telling me to go, so literally I get "you lost the van!" before I could even see it because I'm driving where my GPS is telling me to go. So I restart and find the van on my own, but suddenly the game decides I'm not actively on this mission anymore because I didn't set the useless GPS marker which, for some reason, has reset. So I get a phone call with another mission in the middle of this current mission I'm trying to complete. Finally, on try # 3, I get to said van and try to shoot the back door like the game tells me to do, but for some reason the drive-by weapons don't work. Huh. They worked right up this point, and they worked afterward, but during the actual part with the van the game glitches out and lo and behold no drive-by shooting. Finally on try # 4 the planets align, and I can complete the stupid mission. Now, about the call the game tossed in my direction, maybe now I can... no, wait, the game insists I do the heist now and wont let me save after launching me into the mission.
So yeah, this game frustrates me on so many tiny little details that add up to a pretty annoying whole. Yes, it's an impressive game in many respects, but I find myself fumbling around often times trying to figure out the very narrow margin of what the game wants me to do rather than what I want to do. LOL. I suspect some GTA fans will argue with me about how I'm doing this or that wrong, about how I'm missing the point, etc. But damn if I didn't enjoy Saints Row IV so much more.
I'm still going to keep playing. Maybe it'll get better for me as time goes on or something.
Edited by MuppetFace - 9/27/13 at 9:14am
Those are valid questions --- I will ask them in exactly that kind of tone! Sure, I will add them to the list... as well as my own personal one, whether or not he'll release high-impedance earphones once again... I want a super hard-to-drive IEM, one that requires 6x gain tube amps... coil that voice coil!
Somehow I thought the latest iteration was GTA VI? Or maybe I'm just confused? I hardly follow gaming anymore...
Happy B-Day DF!
WRT GTA V: While, in theory, the "more polished" missions should appeal to me, it seemed like a turn-off in the videos I've watched. I find loose feeling gameplay more gratifying than not in these kinda games. IDK, just makes me feel more like I'm actually doing a thing.
Sometimes I feel like I have some kinda gamer cortex in my brain that's rapidly decaying. Yesterday I was telling my friend that "GTA V would probably seem more worthwhile for me if they just, like, put pieces of candy all around that huge map. Then I could just run and jump around collecting them as some vague incentive to occupy and appreciate all the little nooks and crannies of this world..." I mean, Crackdown was kind of like that, but its map didn't feel very polished and the super jump thing ruined some of the "exploration."
Or maybe I just don't like games as much anymore :/
Also, I don't actually have GTA V; I'm waiting to see if there'll be a PC port.
Edited by driver 8 - 9/27/13 at 10:08am
WHAT the flying heck? That's nifty looking... to bad I just got a Hm 801 q.q
and interesting story about the 801 pb1 combo I"m running [SE with modded w1000x]... it first of all buried my mStage n oDac [shocked :O and happy] it ALSO kicks' the AGD in the BUTT with SE vs SE :O the AGD SE lacks SOUND stage and imaging :O what! Some how the Hm 801 and pb1 have a better SE combo output than the AGD 10ES2 [of the balanced AGD out is epic]
I found that interesting, really makes me want to balance my w1000x though q.q
I bought myself a present and it arrived today right on time for my birthday. The baby T1 is back in my collection, DT1350 is in the house!!!! I so missed this little can I should have never sold it.
Thanks for the birthday well wishes guys
Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/27/13 at 9:57pm
Does it sound anything like your old one? >_>
Yes and no. When I sold my old one my setup wasn't anywhere as good as it is now. The setup back then was my Leckerton amps/ the RX MKII and my iPod or laptop as DAC. Three quarters of the time when at home I would just use the DAC from my Leckerton UHA-6. The Beyer's have really scaled up due to me now using the CLAS-db (more natural sounding sig overall) and the RX MKIII-B/iCAN (far better separation,dynamics, control and clarity). Right now I'm pretty happy with how they're sounding. So far I'd have to say the iCAN seems to be slightly edging out the RX MKIII-B amp. Mind you I haven't tried the RX MKIII-B in balanced mode yet so we'll see how that works out. Oh, the Beyer also sounds pretty good with the DX50 although sound stage and a bit of clarity seems to take a hit when compared to the other gear mentioned. Even so it sounds by far better then out of my iPhone or iPod. Also, this DT1350 is the updated version. Recently Beyerdynamic updated the DT1350 cups and made them slightly bigger and added more padding to the headband. I'm glad to report getting a proper fit with the updated DT1350 is by far easier now and I'm getting a proper seal within 30 seconds once the music starts playing. Isolation seems a little better, comfort, about on par as I remember from before. This weekend when I have time I'll be comparing how it sounds from my iPod mated to my Leckerton vs the DX50 vs the Studio V
Edited by DigitalFreak - 9/27/13 at 11:20pm
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 44 seconds ago
- › Takstar Hi2050 *First Impressions* 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2