Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1235  

post #18511 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

There are those that would disagree with us, but I'm with you on that.  Its UI is something that I NEVER think about, or had to get used to, and that made a huge difference.

 

The UI is quite good on it. Almost near perfect in many respects. Still wish they'd get playlist support up and running.... :rolleyes:

post #18512 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 


 

Also, for you Romy:

 

 

http://www.jellyfishart.com/

OMG that is totally cool! 

 

Oh got a review pair of AD900X today :D sounded very nice actually! Check out the link to mah blog in my sig to read my review!

 

And while I'm hear let me just say... I DID NOT BURN THEM IN... PROBLEM? I don't think there IS an issue. I opened the box, and right out of box they sounded wonderful! The reviews of them I read where semi useful but at the end of the day I enjoyed the sound of it very much and did not feel it needed a burn in, granted I would assume that over time MAYBE the mids and tregble might smooth out but after writing my review, I read some more and my thoughts where'nt to far from thiers. The bass roll off [or rather lack of decay] The treble I found to be nice and detailed but a little rougher again'st the smoothness of the DT 880, in addition the mids where... delicate. Although they where AWESOME with METAL... I was blown away! Metal and EDM sounded EPIC on them, so synthetic and LIGHTING FAST mids seems to work nice on them

 

EITHER WAY, read mah review and let me know what ya think :3 

post #18513 of 21761
That jellyfish art seems fun...
post #18514 of 21761

I got my DX50 today. Early out of the box first impressions, not bad at all. The UI is nowhere as buggy as I was lead to believe from the DX50 thread and the player sounds quite good. I'm going to mess around with it some more before I try to update the FW. I want to get my brain more around the sound with the factory FW before I update. I wanna see if there's a drastic change in the players sig once I update.

post #18515 of 21761

Looks like ALO has a new amp out. Interesting looking to say the least. I'm not digging some of the color choices.

post #18516 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post  I'm not digging some of the color choices.

 

I love the new colors. So fun! ALO hasn't been interesting to me in a while. It took color to get me interested again.

post #18517 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

 

I love the new colors. So fun! ALO hasn't been interesting to me in a while. It took color to get me interested again.

 

The blue isn't bad I'm not crazy about the gold though. Little to loud for my taste but that's just me. I wonder what the amp sounds like?

post #18518 of 21761

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

That jellyfish art seems fun...

 

Doesn't it?  The jellyfish also happens to be Romy's TMAC Animal Friend.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

I got my DX50 today. Early out of the box first impressions, not bad at all. The UI is nowhere as buggy as I was lead to believe from the DX50 thread and the player sounds quite good. I'm going to mess around with it some more before I try to update the FW. I want to get my brain more around the sound with the factory FW before I update. I wanna see if there's a drastic change in the players sig once I update.

 

Ooooh...!  :tongue_smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Looks like ALO has a new amp out. Interesting looking to say the least. I'm not digging some of the color choices.

 

I love that the thing is like 30% knob!  :D 

post #18519 of 21761

I just realized that my music journey started from 2 CDs, a Boyz 2 Men album, and Celine Dion's Colour of Love album. I was like 11.

 

My first real earphones came in my sophomore year of college. The Meelec M6, I think. I spent over half an hour on the phone with the Meelec reps trying to decide between the M9 and M6. 

 

Sigh

post #18520 of 21761

I'm starting to enjoy the CKM1000 a little more when I have the volume turned down. It has some fun instrument placement and impact. It is still a weird IEM though. It is one of those 'what were they thinking?' kind of sounds.

post #18521 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

There are those that would disagree with us, but I'm with you on that.  Its UI is something that I NEVER think about, or had to get used to, and that made a huge difference.

 

The UI is quite good on it. Almost near perfect in many respects. Still wish they'd get playlist support up and running.... :rolleyes:

 

All in good time?  :D  By default I just use shuffle on almost any player, so I'm not missing it as much.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 


 

Also, for you Romy:

 

 

http://www.jellyfishart.com/

 

OMG that is totally cool! 

 

Isn't it?  The only problem is that you don't get it all at once.  Apparently you have to buy the kit, and then request the jellyfish.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 

Oh got a review pair of AD900X today :D sounded very nice actually! Check out the link to mah blog in my sig to read my review!

 

And while I'm hear let me just say... I DID NOT BURN THEM IN... PROBLEM? I don't think there IS an issue. I opened the box, and right out of box they sounded wonderful! The reviews of them I read where semi useful but at the end of the day I enjoyed the sound of it very much and did not feel it needed a burn in, granted I would assume that over time MAYBE the mids and tregble might smooth out but after writing my review, I read some more and my thoughts where'nt to far from thiers. The bass roll off [or rather lack of decay] The treble I found to be nice and detailed but a little rougher again'st the smoothness of the DT 880, in addition the mids where... delicate. Although they where AWESOME with METAL... I was blown away! Metal and EDM sounded EPIC on them, so synthetic and LIGHTING FAST mids seems to work nice on them

 

EITHER WAY, read mah review and let me know what ya think :3 

 

I wouldn't be able to say... I know very little about A-Ts.  The only A-T I have is an M50 that I got just to see what people were raving about.  I've got to admit, I have no idea why it is as popular as it is.

post #18522 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

I wouldn't be able to say... I know very little about A-Ts.  The only A-T I have is an M50 that I got just to see what people were raving about.  I've got to admit, I have no idea why it is as popular as it is.

 

Well, it used to be much cheaper and the field was much smaller. The old M50 also sounded different as well. (There was a production revision). At the time around $100 it was unbeatable. When I joined Head-Fi it felt like a two horse town of portable headphones between the HD25 and M50. (In IEMs all i seemed to read about were the SE530, ER4P, SuperFi 5, and this crazy Chinese upstart RE-0!!!) Today there are so many worthy contenders. The M50 is still definitely a solid can though and one I'd be happy to recommend for studio monitoring...

post #18523 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

OMG that is totally cool! 

 

Oh got a review pair of AD900X today :D sounded very nice actually! Check out the link to mah blog in my sig to read my review!

 

And while I'm hear let me just say... I DID NOT BURN THEM IN... PROBLEM? I don't think there IS an issue. I opened the box, and right out of box they sounded wonderful! The reviews of them I read where semi useful but at the end of the day I enjoyed the sound of it very much and did not feel it needed a burn in, granted I would assume that over time MAYBE the mids and tregble might smooth out but after writing my review, I read some more and my thoughts where'nt to far from thiers. The bass roll off [or rather lack of decay] The treble I found to be nice and detailed but a little rougher again'st the smoothness of the DT 880, in addition the mids where... delicate. Although they where AWESOME with METAL... I was blown away! Metal and EDM sounded EPIC on them, so synthetic and LIGHTING FAST mids seems to work nice on them

 

EITHER WAY, read mah review and let me know what ya think :3 

 

It was a nice review, but I am surprised that you were that positive. While I never had the DT880 and the AD900X side by side, I think the DT880 is toe to toe with the AD1000X (it's definitely cleaner) and the AD1000X was really as step above the AD900X to my ears in terms of imaging. There is something about the diffuse imaging on the AD900X that really bugged me.

 
Nonetheless it's a good quality bargain. I actually just got a review pair of the AD700X which I wanted to compare to the AD700 since its such a stalwart gaming headphone.
post #18524 of 21761
There is a first feeback in the S-EM6 on the French forum, one of the testers got it...he loves it. He owns the EM6 and says the universal version has awesome build and sounds even slightly better than the custom version...Muppet I can't wait for your feedback...if you love it too I might pull da trigga.
post #18525 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post


Also, for you Romy:




http://www.jellyfishart.com/

That's awesome! eek.gif I'd so get that for the Mrs, if I knew she wouldn't forget them and let them die. She doesn't have the best track record with aquatic pets of any kind. redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2