I've heard the first album they released......good stuff!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? Last post on 7/12/14 at 7:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 117
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So... now I'm looking to buy a Sony PCM-M10 Portable Recorder... I usually record song ideas on my cellphone (pretty awful quality of course but it's just so I don't forget the melody) and always wanted a good portable. While looking at reviews, I saw posts here from people who used them as MP3 players!!! The GUI is not made MP3 playing as most firmwares from Sansa, Archos, etc... but still I'm interested even more now... (and I just bought a HiSound Studio V!! LOL)
Sony PCM-M10 + Leckerton UHA 6SMKII via the line-out ... hmmmmmm....
And to keep on supporting Sony, I also ordered the Silver and Brown MRD-1R headphones...
Never have bought anything directly from UK/or Germany or (I don't even know where the store is located! lol) so hopefully it will arrive safe and sound one of these days... maybe... (Tomorrow I'll probably get the confirmation with the tracking...)
Have a nice weekend guys and gals!
Whoa, someone stop the world from spinning I want to get off. I never thought I'd see the day when maverickronin would use a smart phone. I still remember you fretting over your Razr flip phone nearly conking out on you. So was is it just your job demanding you use a smartphone of did you finally decide to give into curiosity?
Go with the first one, it looks rather neat
Edited by DigitalFreak - 10/12/12 at 10:33pm
I'm getting a Galaxy S3 for work soon and I think I want to get a Zazzle custom case for it but I'm not sure what kind of design to get.
I thought this one was pretty funny. I'd like to see who gets it and who doesn't...
They've got a 30% off sale this weekend too...
I want to think I got the references, but I've seen one too many tentacles on the internet it all blurs into one messy ending... IYKWIM.
To be honest, there are some things I don't like about the Samsung. Namely, the gamer lights, the bloatware, and the dual 750gb (8gb cache) hard drives acting as OS in raid. I might just match the Samsung's specs on a debranded Clevo NP170, with an SSD and 90% FHD Gamut display for a couple hundred more --and maybe an i7-3740QM. With a strong base system I can always upgrade the overpriced components later. That really does make the Clevo an atractive solution.
Interestingly, there is a 4gb Kepler version of the GTX 675 out; the 675MX. Its half the price of the 680M and is 20% faster than the current 675M. It could be a possibility, though I'd rather wait for a 2gb Kepler card.
Also, Huddler really needs to do something about its Reply box. I know my netbook is low powered, but I can zip away through the page and then just crash into a wall once I hit it.
Yeah, the Clevos are attractive solutions. They have rather many resellers/re-something, not only Sager. They have Eurocom, Sager, Schenker, Falcon, etcetera. Someof them offer morethan others. I think Eurocom makes Clevo computers professional too, with Quadro gpus if you would like that. Some Clevo barebones though, are more like desktops with screens attached. This isn't exactly what I'd call a "laptop": https://forums.playfire.com/_proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewtechinformation.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F09%2Favadirect-clevo-x7200-right.jpg&hmac=0b8e46baf79f2346ca09db40cb99e85f
Now, I do find the Clevo P170EM and P370EM to be very good looking despite being gamer laptops. I like the fact that they are pretty sober in their design, instead of being flying saucers and cirkuses.
I'm really interested though, did you buy the Samsung or not? The price was pretty good ..
(also, I like the keyboard of the Samsung, looks more or less like a desktop keyboard on a laptop)
I actually noticed this back in the AH531 when I was searching for a normal laptop. The US model? Core i3 or i5, HD3000, 4gb's for $800 when it first came out. The German model? Nvidia 550v, 8gb's, core i7 for the same price. I like Fujitsu as a company (because my cutetop has been so reliable) but in the US they really do only seem to cater to IT. This does seem to be the norm though; Asus's models in Europe and Asia are much better for the money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230424
Yes it's a refurb on Newegg, but I've read that this is a Korean model.
Edit: And... the laptop you posted has a 3610QM and 630M for $150 more, dang. The cost of that refurb might still be too high...
Yeah, it's weird that we do sometimes get better specs over here on normal laptops. But seemingly, you do get a lot better prices on ultrabooks than we do. Although, the price on the Asus U500 (the one with the GTX650M and IPS screen ultrabook, remember?) seems to have turned out to be pretty good. The pricing is not definitive yet, but many stores have put them at pretty competitive prices, a lot less than MBP for example, almost at ½ price of a MBPr (the fully spec'd one, that is).
Muppetface! Congrats on your new adventures! I hope they turn out to be what you wish for!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, I'm going to write a contract with a job on tuesday. When my signature is on that paper, I'll let you guys know what work place I chose and the reasoning and some details about the position (although not about the job) .. ;)
Edited by Coq de Combat - 10/13/12 at 2:03am
Lots of interesting news.
Remember those Spider-Man orthos I linked to a while back? The Abyss by JPS Labs:
Care to guess the price? I was thinking around $500 to $700. Nope. $1000? No. Uh.... $2000? Nuh-uh. .....$3000? ....$4000?! Nnnnnope.
Now I know they say "don't judge a book by its cover." But take a look at that picture. Now the price. Cognitive dissonance, much? Impressions thus far don't seem very good: ie. good but nothing special. Which pretty much defaults to not very good given the price. I'm thinking they're going to try to justify the price by saying the cables are the bulk of it. They are, after all, a cable company.
Speaking of orthos, here's something people have been expecting for a while now...
They seem to be based more on the LCD-2 than the LCD-3, which is good, as I actually prefer the LCD-2 rev. 2 to the LCD-3. Maybe the price wont be too ridiculous. Regardless, I do foresee the hype for this thing being ridiculous.
Speaking of peoples' desires being fulfilled, there's a new product from Fostex called the TH600:
The materials will be more "budget friendly," and the price will be around the $1k region as a result. The internals are slightly different from initial reports, but they're supposedly very similar. Same drivers? Not sure. The diaphragm is the same, but the magnets are different apparently. The cups will be made from magnesium, and the cable will be different. Also the tuning at this point isn't final, so who knows if it's going to sound like its older sibling. I sure hope so! More people should enjoy the ways these amazing things sound.
Also note the stands: a HUGE improvement over the ones included with the TH900.
Edited by MuppetFace - 10/13/12 at 5:47am
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › HD 595? Boring. What's next? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 5 minutes ago
- › Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer beware, bigtime. 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3