Timidly...do not scare it off ! Remember. Out of 300 species of shark, only 30 sometimes attack man and 4 or 5 systematically do it. Most others are afraid of humans in general.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 6/7/14 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1080
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is that because humans love shark-fin soup ;).
Edited by lee730 - 7/23/13 at 12:46am
True. I hope I didn't scare it (or her) off.
Thank you my friend
I'm sure she knows that my friend
Edited by Coq de Combat - 7/23/13 at 2:31am
I know what you mean. Before my stuff got stolen I was planning on holding on to the hd600 and Asgard until I could afford the sr-009 and bhse in about 5 years. Then I'd give the audio world my middle finger and walk away from major purchases. I've had about 7 dreams about that combo since last month.
I occasionally have audio gear dreams as well, can't say they are as focussed on one particular setup though lol. 009's are my long term goal also, or whatever the most transparent headphone is by the time I can spend that big. In a way I kind of like the challenge of having limited means, it sort of stretches out the journey and in doing so maintains my interest in this hobby.
I brought the Peachtree MusicBox to the meet with my AKG 550's and Shure 840's. The Peachhtree is my desktop set up at work paired with the little monitors it came with. I consider this dac/amp one of the best audio purchases I've made. It's a versatile piece of gear with multiple inputs and it sounds great driving headphones or speakers. Peachtree even licensed the digital out from apple so it's a breeze to get good sound when docking an iPod or 30pin iPhone with apple lossless files.
Originally with the speakers it as $1150 but its now discontinued so I bought it as a refurb for $450. You can find the amp on eBay every now and then for $350-450. At those prices it's a steal.
Most people that listened liked it. Tyll stopped by to give it a listen and said that the pairing with the Shure 840 was a really good combo. A lot of people had never heard the 550's and were blown away. The tube hybrid is a good choice for 550's in my opinion.
For some reson I thought the Senn 650's sounded flat but the 598's seemed to pair well. My K701's didn't blow me away with the Peachtree or its bigger brother the Nova. As a matter of fact I've tired of trying to find synergy with the 701's and sold them at the meet. I used the money towards Mad Dogs. So far they seem to pair nicely with the Peachtree but the volume has to be turned up 3/4 of the way which is a lot higher than my other efficient cans.
I missed listening to the Senn 598 - that's another can I wanted to try but never got to do it.
I also missed both the Fostex TH-600 and TH-900, and that's probably my biggest regret from the day. I blame Warren - he kept trying to make me be social and actually talk to other people...
It's a great cam from my experience, but you may consider waiting for the new RX100 II, which features a hinged LCD. Makes it more versatile imo, I wish I had one on mine.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 39 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › I need help picking out a new cable for my Philips Fidelio X1... 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Official Survey - What’s your personality profile? Take our quiz! 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio D5 problems 16Bit VS 24Bit 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from ATH-M50 6 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)