Timidly...do not scare it off ! Remember. Out of 300 species of shark, only 30 sometimes attack man and 4 or 5 systematically do it. Most others are afraid of humans in general.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1080
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is that because humans love shark-fin soup ;).
Edited by lee730 - 7/23/13 at 12:46am
True. I hope I didn't scare it (or her) off.
Thank you my friend
I'm sure she knows that my friend
Edited by Coq de Combat - 7/23/13 at 2:31am
I know what you mean. Before my stuff got stolen I was planning on holding on to the hd600 and Asgard until I could afford the sr-009 and bhse in about 5 years. Then I'd give the audio world my middle finger and walk away from major purchases. I've had about 7 dreams about that combo since last month.
I occasionally have audio gear dreams as well, can't say they are as focussed on one particular setup though lol. 009's are my long term goal also, or whatever the most transparent headphone is by the time I can spend that big. In a way I kind of like the challenge of having limited means, it sort of stretches out the journey and in doing so maintains my interest in this hobby.
I brought the Peachtree MusicBox to the meet with my AKG 550's and Shure 840's. The Peachhtree is my desktop set up at work paired with the little monitors it came with. I consider this dac/amp one of the best audio purchases I've made. It's a versatile piece of gear with multiple inputs and it sounds great driving headphones or speakers. Peachtree even licensed the digital out from apple so it's a breeze to get good sound when docking an iPod or 30pin iPhone with apple lossless files.
Originally with the speakers it as $1150 but its now discontinued so I bought it as a refurb for $450. You can find the amp on eBay every now and then for $350-450. At those prices it's a steal.
Most people that listened liked it. Tyll stopped by to give it a listen and said that the pairing with the Shure 840 was a really good combo. A lot of people had never heard the 550's and were blown away. The tube hybrid is a good choice for 550's in my opinion.
For some reson I thought the Senn 650's sounded flat but the 598's seemed to pair well. My K701's didn't blow me away with the Peachtree or its bigger brother the Nova. As a matter of fact I've tired of trying to find synergy with the 701's and sold them at the meet. I used the money towards Mad Dogs. So far they seem to pair nicely with the Peachtree but the volume has to be turned up 3/4 of the way which is a lot higher than my other efficient cans.
I missed listening to the Senn 598 - that's another can I wanted to try but never got to do it.
I also missed both the Fostex TH-600 and TH-900, and that's probably my biggest regret from the day. I blame Warren - he kept trying to make me be social and actually talk to other people...
It's a great cam from my experience, but you may consider waiting for the new RX100 II, which features a hinged LCD. Makes it more versatile imo, I wish I had one on mine.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › Perfect Seal CIEM Demo Tour - TENTATIVE 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Youtube's Highest Streaming Quality? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica ATH-RE700 advice needed! 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2