Timidly...do not scare it off ! Remember. Out of 300 species of shark, only 30 sometimes attack man and 4 or 5 systematically do it. Most others are afraid of humans in general.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? Last post on 7/12/14 at 7:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1080
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is that because humans love shark-fin soup ;).
Edited by lee730 - 7/23/13 at 12:46am
True. I hope I didn't scare it (or her) off.
Thank you my friend
I'm sure she knows that my friend
Edited by Coq de Combat - 7/23/13 at 2:31am
I know what you mean. Before my stuff got stolen I was planning on holding on to the hd600 and Asgard until I could afford the sr-009 and bhse in about 5 years. Then I'd give the audio world my middle finger and walk away from major purchases. I've had about 7 dreams about that combo since last month.
I occasionally have audio gear dreams as well, can't say they are as focussed on one particular setup though lol. 009's are my long term goal also, or whatever the most transparent headphone is by the time I can spend that big. In a way I kind of like the challenge of having limited means, it sort of stretches out the journey and in doing so maintains my interest in this hobby.
I brought the Peachtree MusicBox to the meet with my AKG 550's and Shure 840's. The Peachhtree is my desktop set up at work paired with the little monitors it came with. I consider this dac/amp one of the best audio purchases I've made. It's a versatile piece of gear with multiple inputs and it sounds great driving headphones or speakers. Peachtree even licensed the digital out from apple so it's a breeze to get good sound when docking an iPod or 30pin iPhone with apple lossless files.
Originally with the speakers it as $1150 but its now discontinued so I bought it as a refurb for $450. You can find the amp on eBay every now and then for $350-450. At those prices it's a steal.
Most people that listened liked it. Tyll stopped by to give it a listen and said that the pairing with the Shure 840 was a really good combo. A lot of people had never heard the 550's and were blown away. The tube hybrid is a good choice for 550's in my opinion.
For some reson I thought the Senn 650's sounded flat but the 598's seemed to pair well. My K701's didn't blow me away with the Peachtree or its bigger brother the Nova. As a matter of fact I've tired of trying to find synergy with the 701's and sold them at the meet. I used the money towards Mad Dogs. So far they seem to pair nicely with the Peachtree but the volume has to be turned up 3/4 of the way which is a lot higher than my other efficient cans.
I missed listening to the Senn 598 - that's another can I wanted to try but never got to do it.
I also missed both the Fostex TH-600 and TH-900, and that's probably my biggest regret from the day. I blame Warren - he kept trying to make me be social and actually talk to other people...
It's a great cam from my experience, but you may consider waiting for the new RX100 II, which features a hinged LCD. Makes it more versatile imo, I wish I had one on mine.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 【】balanced upgrade wire for HD800, suggestions please!!! 【】 8 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 17 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs? 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)