Timidly...do not scare it off ! Remember. Out of 300 species of shark, only 30 sometimes attack man and 4 or 5 systematically do it. Most others are afraid of humans in general.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1080
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is that because humans love shark-fin soup ;).
Edited by lee730 - 7/23/13 at 12:46am
True. I hope I didn't scare it (or her) off.
Thank you my friend
I'm sure she knows that my friend
Edited by Coq de Combat - 7/23/13 at 2:31am
I know what you mean. Before my stuff got stolen I was planning on holding on to the hd600 and Asgard until I could afford the sr-009 and bhse in about 5 years. Then I'd give the audio world my middle finger and walk away from major purchases. I've had about 7 dreams about that combo since last month.
I occasionally have audio gear dreams as well, can't say they are as focussed on one particular setup though lol. 009's are my long term goal also, or whatever the most transparent headphone is by the time I can spend that big. In a way I kind of like the challenge of having limited means, it sort of stretches out the journey and in doing so maintains my interest in this hobby.
I brought the Peachtree MusicBox to the meet with my AKG 550's and Shure 840's. The Peachhtree is my desktop set up at work paired with the little monitors it came with. I consider this dac/amp one of the best audio purchases I've made. It's a versatile piece of gear with multiple inputs and it sounds great driving headphones or speakers. Peachtree even licensed the digital out from apple so it's a breeze to get good sound when docking an iPod or 30pin iPhone with apple lossless files.
Originally with the speakers it as $1150 but its now discontinued so I bought it as a refurb for $450. You can find the amp on eBay every now and then for $350-450. At those prices it's a steal.
Most people that listened liked it. Tyll stopped by to give it a listen and said that the pairing with the Shure 840 was a really good combo. A lot of people had never heard the 550's and were blown away. The tube hybrid is a good choice for 550's in my opinion.
For some reson I thought the Senn 650's sounded flat but the 598's seemed to pair well. My K701's didn't blow me away with the Peachtree or its bigger brother the Nova. As a matter of fact I've tired of trying to find synergy with the 701's and sold them at the meet. I used the money towards Mad Dogs. So far they seem to pair nicely with the Peachtree but the volume has to be turned up 3/4 of the way which is a lot higher than my other efficient cans.
I missed listening to the Senn 598 - that's another can I wanted to try but never got to do it.
I also missed both the Fostex TH-600 and TH-900, and that's probably my biggest regret from the day. I blame Warren - he kept trying to make me be social and actually talk to other people...
It's a great cam from my experience, but you may consider waiting for the new RX100 II, which features a hinged LCD. Makes it more versatile imo, I wish I had one on mine.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › upgrade from ATH-M50/listen to rap mostly/under $300 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › need a dac that works for a chromebook 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)