Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on Yesterday at 8:54 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1072
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But the kid doesn't know that yet. Gotta wait until he discovers Rastafarianism and becomes Kid Lion for that phase to happen.
I finally got around to posting my final impressions on the silver/gold upgrade cable onto the 1Plus2 thread. What can I say, Gavin's probably laughing at me concerning my overly sceptical view on cables and how he proved me wrong with his cable. I'll never judge again
BTW, I finally got to hear the 1plus2 with the silver+gold cable a couple of days ago.
Well everyone likes that! I don't know a single person that rails against money, but wouldn't take it if it were offered. People are practical after all.
Hahaha, I knew you'd be the first to ask that. Let's put it this way, there's nothing I could tell you that you don't already know. I'm going to see if I can cover it for one of the pubs I'm writing for. And I've already started to bend Jude's ear about it.
lol :). Glad you like it. John didn't have a proper source for them at the time. Wonder if he got that iRiver yet to go with it? The DSD function is phenomenal actually. I was thinking it was going to be gimmicky but it has proven otherwise. Plus it's gotten me to revisit all my SACDs. :)
Edited by lee730 - 7/18/13 at 12:52am
He did, he ended up picking up the AK120 this past Monday. He's still having issues with fit though. I brought him some tips to test with, and it seems like large (or even extra large) bi-flanges are what he needs.
Well hopefully those large tips I recommended to him works. The JVCs sound the best to me as of now on the gold cable. V-moda bass tips are better on silver cable with Studio V. I also ordered some UE tips for my Suis. Not sure what I did with my only pair before shipping the Kaede off... Surprisingly Warren I prefer the Sui to the Kaede. That's good for my pocket :).
$20.00 for tips is expensive (UE tips). Then again I also spend another $20.00 on complys.
Edited by lee730 - 7/18/13 at 3:10am
Here you go!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 6 minutes ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 11 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 12 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 12 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 13 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 13 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)