Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1072
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But the kid doesn't know that yet. Gotta wait until he discovers Rastafarianism and becomes Kid Lion for that phase to happen.
I finally got around to posting my final impressions on the silver/gold upgrade cable onto the 1Plus2 thread. What can I say, Gavin's probably laughing at me concerning my overly sceptical view on cables and how he proved me wrong with his cable. I'll never judge again
BTW, I finally got to hear the 1plus2 with the silver+gold cable a couple of days ago.
Well everyone likes that! I don't know a single person that rails against money, but wouldn't take it if it were offered. People are practical after all.
Hahaha, I knew you'd be the first to ask that. Let's put it this way, there's nothing I could tell you that you don't already know. I'm going to see if I can cover it for one of the pubs I'm writing for. And I've already started to bend Jude's ear about it.
lol :). Glad you like it. John didn't have a proper source for them at the time. Wonder if he got that iRiver yet to go with it? The DSD function is phenomenal actually. I was thinking it was going to be gimmicky but it has proven otherwise. Plus it's gotten me to revisit all my SACDs. :)
Edited by lee730 - 7/18/13 at 12:52am
He did, he ended up picking up the AK120 this past Monday. He's still having issues with fit though. I brought him some tips to test with, and it seems like large (or even extra large) bi-flanges are what he needs.
Well hopefully those large tips I recommended to him works. The JVCs sound the best to me as of now on the gold cable. V-moda bass tips are better on silver cable with Studio V. I also ordered some UE tips for my Suis. Not sure what I did with my only pair before shipping the Kaede off... Surprisingly Warren I prefer the Sui to the Kaede. That's good for my pocket :).
$20.00 for tips is expensive (UE tips). Then again I also spend another $20.00 on complys.
Edited by lee730 - 7/18/13 at 3:10am
Here you go!
I know there's a dedicated Stax thread. But you guys are just more experienced, more responsive, and more friendly
Anyways, I was wondering how the Lambda normal bias with SRD7/SB is compared to a 2050 setup.
If I want one, I can't get the other.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 15 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › max excursion 1 minute ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1, powerful WAV player 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2