Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1056  

post #15826 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333jeffery View Post

Eke, it coulda been worse: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8891658/Police-nab-masturbating-burglar

Wow, I'm at a loss of words.

post #15827 of 21761

I think I just won an PHA1......  5 more min to go.......  Yeap I won it, if it arrives in the warehouse I will be the proud owner of an PHA1, Yahoo Auctions Japan finally did the largest damage it could do......


Edited by veyrongatti - 7/10/13 at 7:09am
post #15828 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333jeffery View Post

Eke, it coulda been worse: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8891658/Police-nab-masturbating-burglar

blink.gifeek.gif

post #15829 of 21761

In other news...

 

...The Long Beach City Council seeks to ban music playing from parked Ice-Cream Trucks.

post #15830 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post  In other news... The Long Beach City Council seeks to ban music playing from parked Ice-Cream Trucks.


I feel sorry for Mr. Calvin Broadus.

post #15831 of 21761

This sucks. I don't feel safe in my apt, so I sat up all night with a knife in my hand.

 

I've been doing my own investigation this morning. The guy who I suspected may or may not have an alibi that puts him at my complex for not very long (unless he's an expert at grabbing things in less than an hour, which is still very feasible). Apparently I live in the hood (my complex), and the police officer warned me about keeping valuables there.

 

The detectives are being slow to come do more fingerprinting, so I can't even touch things around the apartment, which looks  even worse in the daylight.

 

My whole life was on my computer. Now I have all this anger, with nothing concrete to punch. I'm glad I still have my iems, and they didn't take the Translucent items.

post #15832 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post


I feel sorry for Mr. Calvin Broadus.

 

Children are savvy. And this was before adultstongue_smile.gif gave 'em mobiles! They won't miss a beat... "Dude! We just hit him up on Jefferson Blvd. He'll be around your way in 5."

post #15833 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333jeffery View Post

Eke, it coulda been worse: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8891658/Police-nab-masturbating-burglar
My wife told me that before she knew me, some guy would make a point of peeing on her car several times a week, while it was parked in the student parking at her college. It appears he was "marking his territory", literally. It turned out it wasn't even a student, just some guy who worked at a nearby convenience store. redface.gif
post #15834 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Children are savvy. And this was before adultstongue_smile.gif gave 'em mobiles! They won't miss a beat... "Dude! We just hit him up on Jefferson Blvd. He'll be around your way in 5."

LOL!!!!

I remember running behind a ice-cream truck all throughout my "childhood" only to see that they didn't have the one I wanted...... :(

post #15835 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

This sucks. I don't feel safe in my apt, so I sat up all night with a knife in my hand.


My whole life was on my computer. Now I have all this anger, with nothing concrete to punch.


I was a similar way after our place got robbed a long while back. I was younger but it took its toll on the whole family. If you don't feel safe at home, where can you, right? It helped a little when I started thinking that it was most likely planned which means they waited until no one was home.

The computer issue is one of my biggest fears tbh and was exactly how I felt after my hard drive almost died, but due to the different circumstances my emotion was mainly despair. Our whole lives are becoming digital now with countless hours spent in front of these screens and saved to little disks and for one little thing to just erase all of that time I spent was almost too much for me to handle. I started backing things up often and almost religiously with the important stuff in multiple places. I got tired of doing manually after a while and just run a small batch file now.
post #15836 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


I was a similar way after our place got robbed a long while back. I was younger but it took its toll on the whole family. If you don't feel safe at home, where can you, right? It helped a little when I started thinking that it was most likely planned which means they waited until no one was home.

The computer issue is one of my biggest fears tbh and was exactly how I felt after my hard drive almost died, but due to the different circumstances my emotion was mainly despair. Our whole lives are becoming digital now with countless hours spent in front of these screens and saved to little disks and for one little thing to just erase all of that time I spent was almost too much for me to handle. I started backing things up often and almost religiously with the important stuff in multiple places. I got tired of doing manually after a while and just run a small batch file now.

 

I know how you both feel. I'd also not take kindly to getting jacked. Especially at home it's a violation of your private space. That entails a lot emotionally. When I moved to my new place I had some gear go missing (about $600+ worth). I was extremely pissed off and depressed about that because I had no control over it. Thinking what ifs. The fact that I was exhausted from the move and already felt defeated/abused (in my prior living arrangement) as is did not help the matter at all. It made me a bit depressed for a while.

 

I also know how it feels to loss all your data and also come very close to loosing it all. I've had countless issues with Windows screwing up on me or hardware failures. I was extremely lucky I was able to get all my lossless collection off of a failing 2 TB hard drive. I was an idiot thinking I could always back it up later and I'd have years to not worry about it. When all of a sudden the drive started acting really funny and at one point stopped showing up in windows explorer :(.... Apparently there was a reason why I got my Green Caviar HD for under $100.00. WD thought it intelligent to have the drive constantly park itself when not in use which lead to the drive self destructing in less than 6 months! rolleyes.gif The only way to stop this is by altering the firmware itself on the drive. I had to turn parking off manually from the command line. I made sure to do this on the new drive and had no issues since.

 

Anyways at the time I was so depressed because that was all my music gone (you don't know how much you appreciate it until it is gone). I put a lot of time into acquiring it all and for me it's a big hobby for me. Well I was fortunate to get the drive back on line and start copying files from it just before it failed. I ordered this one aggressive program to get data off of a failing drive. It didn't do the trick but it somehow got the drive back online for me so I was able to copy and paste from it. It took several hours to do it with the drive acting sporadic (reading slow and fast depending on its mood :P). Still I was able to get all my lossless music off the drive and it failed at that point. Wasn't able to get the mp3 collection off of it. But screw it I had most of that collection backed up coincidentally. :)


Edited by lee730 - 7/10/13 at 12:44pm
post #15837 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

I heard this two days ago driving an HD 800, and I was surprised at how clean it was (without exaggerating the HD 800's brightness).  It's very competent amp in my book.

 

Personally, I'd rather have the E-Q7... but you have enough nice IEMs that you won't miss it, and I can understand that.  smile.gif


True, that's the main reason I let the e-Q7 go. It was getting almost no head time with me and was just sitting there in it's box gathering dust. I'm sure the guy who took it off my hands will appreciate it as good gear. I was surprised the trader came up and offered me the amp straight up. There was no haggling no nothing just here's some pics let me know if you're interested in a straight up one for one trade. I wish all people who PMed me were that straight forward about what they wanted. I guess it's true that patience in the long run will pay off. So Warren, would you say the amp is a pretty neutralish amp or are we talking fun sounding and slightly warm. I remember there being a bit of hype around this amp awhile back and some people were saying it was pretty neutral while others said it was rich and warm. Kind of an oxymoron in my book. I'm hoping this amp mated with my CLAS-db DAC will take my Sextette and Q701 to the next level. I've just about given up on my Q can.


My little mobile camera stand arrived today, yeahhhhhhh. Time to go screw around and take some pics and video

bigsmile_face.gif


Edited by DigitalFreak - 7/10/13 at 9:28pm
post #15838 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


True, that's the main reason I let the e-Q7 go. It was getting almost no head time with me and was just sitting there in it's box gathering dust. I'm sure the guy who took it off my hands will appreciate it as good gear. I was surprised the trader came up and offered me the amp straight up. There was no haggling no nothing just here's some pics let me know if you're interested in a straight up one for one trade. I wish all people who PMed me were that straight forward about what they wanted. I guess it's true that patience in the long run will pay off. So Warren, would you say the amp is a pretty neutralish amp or are we talking fun sounding and slightly warm. I remember there being a bit of hype around this amp awhile back and some people were saying it was pretty neutral while others said it was rich and warm. Kind of an oxymoron in my book. I'm hoping this amp mated with my CLAS-db DAC will take my Sextette and Q701 to the next level. I've just about given up on my Q can.


My little mobile camera stand arrived today, yeahhhhhhh. Time to go screw around and take some pics and video

bigsmile_face.gif

 

DigitalFreak who is this guy anyways? I'm wondering if he has the ipower supply up for grabs ;). I'd like that for my DACport LX.

post #15839 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

DigitalFreak who is this guy anyways? I'm wondering if he has the ipower supply up for grabs ;). I'd like that for my DACport LX.

 

The fellow you're asking about is THIS guy.

post #15840 of 21761
In some ways, it's a little like 2 people running away from a grizzly bear. You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the other guy. Likewise, you don't need your apartment to be Fort Knox - you just have to appear to be a less desirable target than the other places in your neighborhood. For example, I'll bet 1st floor apartments are burgled more than 2nd floor apartments. That doesn't mean 2nd floor apts are never burgled, but maybe the probability is lower. Leaving your blinds closed, but the lights and TV on might be enough to make someone move on to a quiet apartment. Even an alarm company decal (but no actual alarm) might be all the edge you need.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2