or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1052  

post #15766 of 21760
...but Billybob can you guess the order of four Joker laughs in this clip, first crack ?

I can't get them out of my head every time I see your avatar!


FourJokerLaughs.mp3


Answers (Click to show)
Mark Hamill
Heath Ledger
Jack Nicholson
Cesar Romero

Edited by 5aces - 7/9/13 at 4:04pm
post #15767 of 21760

Can I get some background music with these diagrams? tongue.gif Very cool work you've done, billybob_jcv!

post #15768 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

Me. Too. Too bad I have my heart set on some HD-25's now, otherwise I would lust over these more!

 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be playing Civ 5. Just one more turn. 

 

I actually have a pair of review unit HD25s at the moment, and I had a nice conversation with a professional DJ about them yesterday. I come away thinking the HD25 is an immortal beast, that will withstand the slings and arrows of any abuse!!!!

 

Did you see that new Aluminium Edition?

 

Oh man, don't get me re-addicted to Civ 5.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Right - geosynchronous means that to an observer on the surface, the satellite will appear at the same spot in the sky once a day (a "sidereal" day to be precise). A geosynchronous orbit can be elliptical and/or inclined to the equatorial plane. The orbit simply needs to go through the same point above a fixed point on the surface at the same time each sidereal day.

As a side note, the GPS satellites are neither geostationary nor geosynchronous...

 

Yay I learnt something new today!

post #15769 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Right - geosynchronous means that to an observer on the surface, the satellite will appear at the same spot in the sky once a day (a "sidereal" day to be precise). A geosynchronous orbit can be elliptical and/or inclined to the equatorial plane. The orbit simply needs to go through the same point above a fixed point on the surface at the same time each sidereal day.

As a side note, the GPS satellites are neither geostationary nor geosynchronous...



Actually, I think that's Chromium. tongue.gifwink.gif
post #15770 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aces View Post

...but Billybob can you guess the order of four Joker laughs in this clip, first crack ?

I can't get them out of my head every time I see your avatar!


FourJokerLaughs.mp3


Answers (Click to show)
Mark Hamill
Heath Ledger
Jack Nicholson
Cesar Romero

Well, yes, as a matter of fact I did! The first two were the hardest - I kind of worked it backwards - I knew Jack & Cesar immediately, and I was less sure of Heath but made a guess, and that only left Mark.
post #15771 of 21760

Edited by 5aces - 7/9/13 at 5:59pm
post #15772 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

 

I actually have a pair of review unit HD25s at the moment, and I had a nice conversation with a professional DJ about them yesterday. I come away thinking the HD25 is an immortal beast, that will withstand the slings and arrows of any abuse!!!!

 

Did you see that new Aluminium Edition?

 

Oh man, don't get me re-addicted to Civ 5.

 

 

Yay I learnt something new today!

How are you liking them? Even though I did love my M80's at some point, something keeps telling me to try the HD25's. Also, the aluminum HD-25's are awesome to me. It also got me thinking about trying to fabricate open back ones, but that's for another day.

 

Finally, you WANT to get re-addicted. I can't explain the awesomeness that is Brave New World. What's your Steam id?

post #15773 of 21760

Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

 

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

 

And I'm out looking for the guy.

 

He's such a f******* idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

post #15774 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Welp, my apartment just got robbed.


mad.gif


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #15775 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

 

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

 

And I'm out looking for the guy.

 

He's such a f******* idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

 

What do you mean you know EXACTLY who did it?!?

Is he an acquaintance and you have let him in the apartment before?

How did he entered? Broke the door?

 

That sucks, but if he is indeed the culprit, he's screwed!!!

post #15776 of 21760

****, sorry to hear that eke.  I'm pretty terrified of that happening myself since there are a lot of shady ****s around here. 

post #15777 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

And I'm out looking for the guy.

He's such a f******* idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

****!!!

I hope you/they get the a**hole. F***in people!
post #15778 of 21760
I'd break his neck,...
post #15779 of 21760
He came to my apartment once as a potential Roomate last month. He broke through via my bedroom window, then escaped through my back door.

I'm just glad he didn't take the translucent stuff. The 1plus2, with the t1 and gold cable would be worth as much as my tv + laptop.

He's been making threats lately. I'd give the while story, but I can't type much on a 3.5 Inch screen
Edited by eke2k6 - 7/9/13 at 7:34pm
post #15780 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

 

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

 

And I'm out looking for the guy.

 

He's such a f******* idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

 

Wow that sucks :(. What about your IEMs?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2