Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 104  

post #1546 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Should I get IE80s from Amazon Germany? 

Do they seem legit? 

Make sure it is either directly from Amazon, or has "Fulfillment by Amazon".....that way you are covered and can get a replacement or refund if they turn out to be fakes. The third party marketplace sellers can be unreliable, but the "Fulfillment" protects you. (assuming Amazon Germany works the same way as Amazon in the USA)

post #1547 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post

 

 

Just keep in mind that normal prices for the IE80 in Sweden (and in germany I'm sure) are around $260 (I think I paid that for mine when they were relatively new). If you find a lot cheaper than that, you should start becoming suspicious. Also, if you find IE80 for more than that, you may want to consider waiting or looking in another EU country, i.e. Sweden.

Its around 250 in amazon?

I had a look in all the EU amazons and Germany was the cheapest tongue.gif Not to mention it is done by amazon itself and not a 3rd party

post #1548 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Its around 250 in amazon?

I had a look in all the EU amazons and Germany was the cheapest tongue.gif Not to mention it is done by amazon itself and not a 3rd party

Yep they're completely legit and sold by amazon directly. A few people in the IE80 thread have purchased from there.

post #1549 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Its around 250 in amazon?

I had a look in all the EU amazons and Germany was the cheapest tongue.gif Not to mention it is done by amazon itself and not a 3rd party

Around 260+-10 depending on currency changes, in Sweden at least. Also, Sweden and Germany have always had about the same prices for them. When I looked at the price on amazon.de, I did see them claiming the price having been €299.

 

I've never seen them at €299 in Sweden or Germany.

 

 

http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?pu=995580 )

 

As you can see, they are around 2000 SEK, and always have been, which is about $270.

 

The smaller dips down to 1400 SEK (this is just salt in the wounds) is about $200. wink.gif


Edited by Coq de Combat - 10/4/12 at 1:04am
post #1550 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Make sure it is either directly from Amazon, or has "Fulfillment by Amazon".....that way you are covered and can get a replacement or refund if they turn out to be fakes. The third party marketplace sellers can be unreliable, but the "Fulfillment" protects you. (assuming Amazon Germany works the same way as Amazon in the USA)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005N8W27I/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JC8AETPV2ZCFKG24ES4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128 seems like it?

post #1551 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickronin View Post

As far as I know it's original.  As of now, Google hasn't seen it before either.

 

Yay for me!  An original thought!  wink_face.gif

 

That's actually pretty surprising.  Even though I came up with it independently I'd have figured I wasn't the first.

 

Yeah, it's pretty brilliant. I might repeat it and credit you... or make a variation on it and *not* credit you bwaha.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

WOW. This guy can dance.

 

 

That was jaw dropping.
post #1552 of 21761

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

WOW. This guy can dance.

 

 

 

Oh, you guys haven't seen Les Twins?!

 

post #1553 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Any tips for gently but quickly breaking in a pair of shoes?

 

Also I need to find some of those gel thingies you put on the backs of shoes to keep the heels from rubbing and giving you blisters...

soldiers soak their boots and wear them until they dry, thereby molding the boot to their foot - or so i am told.  i wanted to second the notion that if the shoe does not feel comfortable, and fit right in the store, it will never feel right...  Most shoe stores should stock the heel pads you need.

 

Best of luck.

post #1554 of 21761

post #1555 of 21761
Out of pure curiosity, does anyone here have experience with wireless headphones?

I'm enamored by the idea of not having to worry about a cord. I'm wondering if wireless tech has caught up enough so that the headphones are not vastly inferior in terms of SQ compared to their wired brethren.

I'm not planning on getting these, but the Koss Striva IEMs were pretty striking when I saw a pic of them.

post #1556 of 21761
I have a feeling the tech is still too young; recent revisions of Bluetooth have done a lot to improve power consumption and audio bandwidth, but device support is still kind of arbitrary so it's still hard to get optimal sound out of any arbitrary combination of phone and IEM. There's a lot of potential, though.

In other thoughts: An interesting article in the New Yorker about K-Pop. The talk about "Cultural Technology" makes me consider, in a way, how the explosive popularity of Nirvana was in large part a consequence of how the pop music media had become so rote and dispassionate by the late 80s that its target audience no longer felt a connection with the performers or the music. The calculation, boardroom design, and mass production of music through the K-pop agencies puts to shame America's and Britain's best efforts, but the repeated references to personal connections with the audience make it clear that the corporate overlords of K-pop have a better sense of the necessity of this connection than American music producers do.
post #1557 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

I have a feeling the tech is still too young; recent revisions of Bluetooth have done a lot to improve power consumption and audio bandwidth, but device support is still kind of arbitrary so it's still hard to get optimal sound out of any arbitrary combination of phone and IEM. There's a lot of potential, though.
In other thoughts: An interesting article in the New Yorker about K-Pop. The talk about "Cultural Technology" makes me consider, in a way, how the explosive popularity of Nirvana was in large part a consequence of how the pop music media had become so rote and dispassionate by the late 80s that its target audience no longer felt a connection with the performers or the music. The calculation, boardroom design, and mass production of music through the K-pop agencies puts to shame America's and Britain's best efforts, but the repeated references to personal connections with the audience make it clear that the corporate overlords of K-pop have a better sense of the necessity of this connection than American music producers do.

Even though they may be highly polished, as much as I would hate to say this but an niche like Girls Generation would struggle to hit it big in America or anywhere else. However a boyband named no direction did manage to succeed so who knows tongue.gif

post #1558 of 21761
So DF, I think you're one of the more active, if not quite in-the-know, of the M100 thread(s). What happened that made Currawong lock it for a few hours? Looking from the upvoted posts list, it seems like a lot of butthurting poop-throwing contest while people are waiting for a highly anticipated product to arrive.
post #1559 of 21761

DIY project of the day:

 

Repair the plastic slides on the crisper drawers in the refrigerator with epoxy and metal strips ripped out of some hanging folders.  I managed to slice open both of my thumbs trying to clean the glue off the metal strips.

 

eek.gif

 

They're sharper than they look..

 

Such an exciting life I lead...

post #1560 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by compoopers View Post

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone here have experience with wireless headphones?
I'm enamored by the idea of not having to worry about a cord. I'm wondering if wireless tech has caught up enough so that the headphones are not vastly inferior in terms of SQ compared to their wired brethren.
I'm not planning on getting these, but the Koss Striva IEMs were pretty striking when I saw a pic of them.

These are wifi based, not bluetooth, so bandwidth shouldn't be a concern. Don't know about source compatibility though.

Regarding bluetooth based wireless transmission, look for devices that support the aptX codec. I'm using aptX with my Galaxy S3 and it's proven reliable and virtually indistinguishable from a wired connection when I'm on the move.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2