Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1016  

post #15226 of 21761

Speaking of consoles, I grew up with Playstation's, I first started with the Playstation 1 when I was 5, then 2 years later for christmas I got the Playstation 2 (my dad preordered it and got it quite early) and I imported an Playstation 3 as soon as it came out. However the Playstation 4 may be the first Playstation (besides for PS1) that I will not get on launch day (Sure no DRM and stuff, but I still don't like how I have to get PS+ for Online gaming) 

post #15227 of 21761
@veryongatti
So, with the XBox One having the same limitation iirc, no upgrade for a while then?

@idsynchrono
I kind of like the whacky names for stuff lol. It's fun, but, like you said, doesn't really help anything.
post #15228 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Exactly my point. It seems likely to me that they tentatively laid out this stuff to test the waters and see the public reaction, with every intention of scaling it back should it go south. They had to realize on some level that it would be controversial from the outset, hubris or no. What I do think came as a surprise on the other hand was just how vehemently negative the reaction was. On the "angering the fans" front I suspect MS underestimated said reaction. I also think their pitch so to speak got away from them a bit. As soon as they saw the direction things started to take, they were quick to damage control and say the announcements were merely one set of possible arrangements.

Or maybe it was all orchestrated perfectly according to plan, and MS was just planning on really good makeup sex all along when it came to their fans. Or maybe something even more dramatic: a scene where fans about to marry their new PS4s realize their mistake at the altar, running off with the Xbox One and waving a giant Master Chief display cutout at an irate mob of wedding-goers. Here's to you, Mrs. Xbox One.

Haha. So Microsoft has been watching Wayne's World 2? I'm not sure if I should be turned on or terrified.

Totally agree with your post. I have a feeling all of a sudden that neither side has shown all their cards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

1. A polite "No."
2. In my view, we share:thumb:
 the same view.

blink.gif I am very quite confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

I'll say this: my uncertainty over whether I should pre-order the Xbox One is now all the more uncertain.

Because of... the sneakiness?
post #15229 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

A great company will try to get away with what it can. And often "Plan B" is merely a course it would have normally embarked on. You know, the whole risk versus reward thang. biggrin.gif
 In the past, I've seen Sony negotiate turns inside the China shop... "Cleanup on aisle 6!"

Don't you feel they may have generated just a wee bit too much negative goodwill here?

Seems like they tried to go three steps forward and ended up two steps back. Now they try to "fix" things and gain a point but are still one step back.

No matter the plan, I think they miscalculated. Time will tell.

 

You said you were confused. Well, I've got my hand resting firmly on the clarity dial. You asked a question about goodwill, to which I answered a polite no. You expressed the steps taken by Mister Softee - frontward, backward and looking for a fix. I share that view; same view I stated about their moves above with Plan B at the ready.

 

Really though, their reaction was less about 11th hour damage control and more about advance planning. biggrin.gif

post #15230 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Button on the PSP breaks within a few weeks of purchase? Don't use that button. Etc. Etc.

 

NO!

 

"I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

 

 

Your bad mouthwords will make Ken Kutaragi cry... >:[

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

And I might be 15 years late, but I will finally start watching NGE for the first time.
 
*breaths down your neck all creepy like*
I hope you.... enjoy it.
post #15231 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

You said you were confused. Well, I've got my hand resting firmly on the clarity dial. You asked a question about goodwill, to which I answered a polite no. You expressed the steps taken by Mister Softee - frontward, backward and looking for a fix. I share that view; same view I stated about their moves above with Plan B at the ready.

Really though, their reaction was less about 11th hour damage control and more about advance planning. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif gotcha. Maybe I was jokingly confused because I thought 1 and 2 would kind of go hand in hand but they don't really need to.
post #15232 of 21761

@warrenchi I talked with your pal John earlier today. He's a very cool guy. Hopefully I was able to help him out. redface.gif
 

post #15233 of 21761
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

NO!

 

"I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

 

 

Your bad mouthwords will make Ken Kutaragi cry... >:[

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

And I might be 15 years late, but I will finally start watching NGE for the first time.
 
*breaths down your neck all creepy like*
I hope you.... enjoy it.

 

 

 

It's a beautiful summer evening in Cali. I got the windows wide open front to rear creating whatever breeze could be had. I am sitting in silence - no music or television while I read Head-Fi. Dinner awaits, but what to have? I am thinking about it. In the background, I can hear passersby walking about. Many have just gotten home from work, choosing to walk their dogs.

 

Sometimes, I notice owners and dogs outside the window in a walk-stop-walk-stop manner. The owners standing there doing whatever it is they're doing, while the dogs are doing whatever itrolleyes.gif is they're doing. Like a choreographed dance number, if you would.

 

But when I read this post, a huge laughter erupted from within the home. All dogs and owners came to a complete stop, wondering what the (edit) is going on in that house?! And the whole "down you neck" thing biggrin.gif left me no closer to figuring out what's for dinner...creepy!

post #15234 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

It's a beautiful summer evening in Cali. I got the windows wide open front to rear creating whatever breeze could be had. I am sitting in silence - no music or television while I read Head-Fi. Dinner awaits, but what to have? I am thinking about it. In the background, I can hear passersby walking about. Many have just gotten home from work, choosing to walk their dogs.

 

Sometimes, I notice owners and dogs outside the window in a walk-stop-walk-stop manner. The owners standing there doing whatever it is they're doing, while the dogs are doing whatever itrolleyes.gif is they're doing. Like a choreographed dance number, if you would.

 

But when I read this post, a huge laughter erupted from within the home. All dogs and owners came to a complete stop, wondering what the (edit) is going on in that house?! And the whole "down you neck" thing biggrin.gif left me no closer to figuring out what's for dinner...creepy!

 

You really set the scene there. I've got chills.

post #15235 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

@warrenchi I talked with your pal John earlier today. He's a very cool guy. Hopefully I was able to help him out. redface.gif

 

He's super-mellow isn't he?  smile.gif  Thanks for all your help BTW!  Considering the specific combination of gear he's interested in, I think there are only a handful of guys that can honestly help him out.  And you're the only one out of that handful that I know.  wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Sometimes, I notice owners and dogs outside the window in a walk-stop-walk-stop manner. The owners standing there doing whatever it is they're doing, while the dogs are doing whatever itrolleyes.gif is they're doing. Like a choreographed dance number, if you would.  But when I read this post, a huge laughter erupted from within the home. All dogs and owners came to a complete stop, wondering what the (edit) is going on in that house?!

 

Oh they're just jelly that whatever you're doing sounds way more fun than what they're doo-doing.

post #15236 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Still in burn-in.  I had to pull it off of burn-in for a few days because some of mah peeps here wanted to try it.  I should be gathering final impressions this Friday, and then writing up the review sometime over the weekend.

 

Excellent.

I actually bought them but I have to wait a few weeks I guess.

 

Changing topics... I saw that Lili Taylor will star in The Conjuring.

It's from James Wan, director of Insidious.

Insidious has been the scariest Western movie I have seen these past few years.

I WANT TO SEE THE CONJURING!!!!!!

 

That is all.

 

Thanks.

post #15237 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

Changing topics... I saw that Lili Taylor will star in The Conjuring.

It's from James Wan, director of Insidious.

Insidious has been the scariest Western movie I have seen these past few years.

I WANT TO SEE THE CONJURING!!!!!!

 

That is all.

 

Thanks.

We got Insidious recently, haven't watched it yet...my wife needs some convincing for scary movies. Last night we started the series American Horror Story...scarier than we thought, she had a really bad night...and when she has a bad night so do I...great direction on this series though.

post #15238 of 21761
Insidious I didn't like, Sinister? That was pretty cool. Loved the creepy ass 8 mm film footage. Still, I'm a sucker for a decent horror flick. Will keep an eye on The Conjuring
post #15239 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

We got Insidious recently, haven't watched it yet...my wife needs some convincing for scary movies. Last night we started the series American Horror Story...scarier than we thought, she had a really bad night...and when she has a bad night so do I...great direction on this series though.

 

Yeah, AHS is excellent and creepy!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Insidious I didn't like, Sinister? That was pretty cool. Loved the creepy ass 8 mm film footage. Still, I'm a sucker for a decent horror flick. Will keep an eye on The Conjuring

 

I really liked Sinister too, but what happened was kind of expected... Insidious had me on the edge of my seat but both were definitely suspenseful enough to get my heart rate pumping! ;-)

post #15240 of 21761

You know what would be an awesome feature to add to head-fi?

 

Thread sub-titles, like the ones on ebay.

 

I just wish there was a moderator or something that frequents this thread. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2