Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 850

post #12736 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Wow, well just avoid Typhoons and you'll be fine I think.  smile.gif


An whatever you do don't drink lagoon water. Not the healthiest water to drink.

 

WTF is lagoon water?  Is that anything like Swill?

post #12737 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

In other news, horn-rimmed glasses are really awesome. Black frames are getting a little tired tho, and I'd like to see more colorful choices on folks. Or even a different approach to a lack-of-color such as the "pharmacy clear" look. Y'know, the type of plastic that looks like a toothbrush or set of generic reading glasses you'd pick up at a Rite Aid or sumpin'.

 

 

 

Looks delightfully antiseptic, no?

 

Awwww, you're such a little cutie biggrin.gif

 

wink.gif

 

755226

post #12738 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

WTF is lagoon water?  Is that anything like Swill?

 

This is what a LAGOON is. Sometimes, if its deep inland enough on the shore the water can sometimes be non salty fresh water, You should never ever drink lagoon water, especially if the water is fresh. A lot of parasitic critters live in lagoon water and if ingested can make you ill and even kill you

Lagoon Critter (Click to show)

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/list/20121120-black-lagoon-02-x306-1353450131.jpg

 

 

Whoa, neat.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 5/23/13 at 10:57pm
post #12739 of 21416

...


Edited by DigitalFreak - 5/23/13 at 10:54pm
post #12740 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

WTF is lagoon water?  Is that anything like Swill?

 

This is what a LAGOON is. Sometimes, if its deep inland enough on the shore the water can sometimes be non salty fresh water, You should never ever drink lagoon water, especially if the water is fresh. A lot of parasitic critters live in lagoon water and if ingested can make you ill and even kill you

 

No silly, I know what a lagoon is.  biggrin.gif  And I know that they have water in them (because otherwise they'd just be big ditches right?).  I just thought that it might have been some kind of code word thing... like yellow snow or rocky mountain oysters or something.

post #12741 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

No silly, I know what a lagoon is.  biggrin.gif  And I know that they have water in them (because otherwise they'd just be big ditches right?).  I just thought that it might have been some kind of code word thing... like yellow snow or rocky mountain oysters or something.


lol gross. tongue.gif

post #12742 of 21416
Quote:

 

Whoa, neat.

 

That is pretty neat. Like the land soaked up water from underneath (maybe even storms created it) and changed it's properties in the process. An ecosystem within an ecosystem :).


Edited by lee730 - 5/23/13 at 11:25pm
post #12743 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

No silly, I know what a lagoon is.  biggrin.gif  And I know that they have water in them (because otherwise they'd just be big ditches right?).  I just thought that it might have been some kind of code word thing... like yellow snow or rocky mountain oysters or something.


The fat bald man is singing and the grey pigeon is flying south towards kookamunga. That's your cue, GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!

post #12744 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

That is pretty neat. Like the land soaked up water from underneath (maybe even storms created it) and changed it's properties in the process. An ecosystem within an ecosystem :).

 

That is really cool. I hope there are all kinds of wacky animalcules growing there...

post #12745 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Harry Potters! My wife has some of those, they look really cute on her.


Has crime in Hong Kong gone down? We're thinking about taking an extended vacation there.

Don't go to a dark alley. Ohh and just a tiny FYI the Jaben in HK is located in a quite shady place.......

post #12746 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Maybe ~ a month, staying there but using it as a "base of operations" for traveling around Asia and that side of the Pacific rim, since it's kind of central.

 

 

Ill probs be doing that after I graduate. 
post #12747 of 21416

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b145524338 Anyone kind enough to translate this for me?  


biggrin.gif Google translate dosen't really help at all....... 

post #12748 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Don't go to a dark alley. Ohh and just a tiny FYI the Jaben in HK is located in a quite shady place.......

 

Oh gawd yes that building is so incredibly dodgy.

post #12749 of 21416

By the way, If figure with the GR07, 7550 and FXD80-Z, I don't actually NEED the RE-400. Before I open a classified, are there any diary threaders who would be keen on getting their mitts on a slightly scratched pair? :3 Trades are also awesomesauce.

post #12750 of 21416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post

#2: The 7550's are pretty killer. I wish they had more treble, but they make Fleet Foxes sound amazing.

 

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the 7550 btw :) if there is anything they do most brilliantly it is acoustic. This is also another wonderful track for the 7550 (or would be at a higher bitrate):

 

 

Australians too!


Edited by a_recording - 5/24/13 at 5:19am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2