Your own negativity may be your own placebo ;).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 808
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suspect that Ogg and Ook (the first two prehistoric audiophiles) had this same argument about why two identical rocks produced slightly different sounds when they were beat on with sticks.
I used to work in a building that had an underground garage. There was one level of "executive parking", and one of the execs was an exotic car collector. Every day he would bring a different car and he would cycle through his collection of daily drivers every few weeks. So, we would see the red Lambo, the black Maserati, the red Ferrari, the yellow Ferrari, the white Rolls, the black Bentley, etc, etc. I always thought that would definitely be the way to do it - putting some variety in your life and enjoying the entire collection. The same can be said for any collection - from headphones to cars to watches to fountain pens...
Speaking of which, how often do y'all switch headphones? I used to do it everyday, but these days I find myself gravitating to certain pairs and sticking with them for days on end.
Measure well or measure similarly/identically?
Warrenpchi a good example would be the DX100. With different firmwares the unit sounds clearly different to having the identical firmware. Yet the unit measures ruler flat.
Right, but what I'm saying is that they can both appear to be practically flat. I haven't seen the graphs in question so I have no idea how much each respective unit would adhere to "flat". If they're off by just a dB or two in opposite directions at certain times, that may not show up significantly on a graph that has a scale of - oh let's say - 60dB... especially if those measurements are looked at "at a glance." So unless he's saying they measure identically, I think there may be some wiggle room in there.
Assuming only home listening, leaving the portable 'phones out of the equation, I'll go a few days with whatever set I am using.
Out of an average of 16 listening sessions per month, perhaps 1-2 times unless I'm auditioning.
DX100 AP sweep Fig.
iBasso DX100 RMAA and Square Wave results
today's review of the DX100. I must apologise for the MME result: that is actually DT880 600Ω, but the export utility didn't properly work.
These are the results of hardware tests which correspond to
PART ONE: DX100 paired with Earsonics SM2, Audio Technica ES10, Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ω.
Right. So in that case, some of those measurements are not identical... especially given 10 dB gradations. Also, he's measuring with different headphones right? Maybe I'm not understanding something and hopelessly lost here?
About the only Chinese made tubes I like are the "Fullmusic" ones. The Psvane tubes look like a more expensive version of the Shuguang Treasures. In the Zana Deux, the Fullmusic 6SL7 really shines.
Jazzerdave, have you listened to any Japanese jazz bands? You might like them.
My Empire Rifles action is on it's way. Awesome foundation for a custom rifle...
I've heard a few of the groups/artists on TBM. Outside of that, I can't say that I've been exposed to much of it. If you have any suggestions (doesn't have to be jazz), I'd certainly appreciate them.
I really like The National. I especially like their surprise track in Portal 2! Do you ever feel like it's odd how The National albums seem to be mastered to boost the lower registered of Dessner's voice? I tend to use their albums as a test for 'what do male vocals sound like on this...'
Ooh, I dunno if that's flat. It doesn't measure flat and it doesn't sound flat to my ears (highs and lows rolled off). The XBA-10 seems to sound bassier but the highs are still pretty blunted.
Close! It's an NEX F3 (I use the flip around LCD to monitor myself). Recording at 25P. The lens is the Sony Zeiss SEL24F18Z. Such a beautiful lens, I'm glad I got it on sale because I will treasure it forever. It's the lens that stays on my camera almost all the time so I can take pictures of creepy hallways and alleys.
I hope Ogg and Ook did not beat each other to death arguing about rock burn-in.
This is why you need people from other timezones to trawl through old pages and dredge up old stuff and slow everyone down!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JPlay driver not showing in JRiver 20.0.44 35 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-3 Serial 2614575 (absolutely as NEW) 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new pair of In-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3