Your own negativity may be your own placebo ;).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on a predicament! Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:54pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is headphone "break-in" an actual phenomenon? Last post on 7/12/14 at 7:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 808
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suspect that Ogg and Ook (the first two prehistoric audiophiles) had this same argument about why two identical rocks produced slightly different sounds when they were beat on with sticks.
I used to work in a building that had an underground garage. There was one level of "executive parking", and one of the execs was an exotic car collector. Every day he would bring a different car and he would cycle through his collection of daily drivers every few weeks. So, we would see the red Lambo, the black Maserati, the red Ferrari, the yellow Ferrari, the white Rolls, the black Bentley, etc, etc. I always thought that would definitely be the way to do it - putting some variety in your life and enjoying the entire collection. The same can be said for any collection - from headphones to cars to watches to fountain pens...
Speaking of which, how often do y'all switch headphones? I used to do it everyday, but these days I find myself gravitating to certain pairs and sticking with them for days on end.
Measure well or measure similarly/identically?
Warrenpchi a good example would be the DX100. With different firmwares the unit sounds clearly different to having the identical firmware. Yet the unit measures ruler flat.
Right, but what I'm saying is that they can both appear to be practically flat. I haven't seen the graphs in question so I have no idea how much each respective unit would adhere to "flat". If they're off by just a dB or two in opposite directions at certain times, that may not show up significantly on a graph that has a scale of - oh let's say - 60dB... especially if those measurements are looked at "at a glance." So unless he's saying they measure identically, I think there may be some wiggle room in there.
Assuming only home listening, leaving the portable 'phones out of the equation, I'll go a few days with whatever set I am using.
Out of an average of 16 listening sessions per month, perhaps 1-2 times unless I'm auditioning.
DX100 AP sweep Fig.
iBasso DX100 RMAA and Square Wave results
today's review of the DX100. I must apologise for the MME result: that is actually DT880 600Ω, but the export utility didn't properly work.
These are the results of hardware tests which correspond to
PART ONE: DX100 paired with Earsonics SM2, Audio Technica ES10, Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ω.
Right. So in that case, some of those measurements are not identical... especially given 10 dB gradations. Also, he's measuring with different headphones right? Maybe I'm not understanding something and hopelessly lost here?
About the only Chinese made tubes I like are the "Fullmusic" ones. The Psvane tubes look like a more expensive version of the Shuguang Treasures. In the Zana Deux, the Fullmusic 6SL7 really shines.
Jazzerdave, have you listened to any Japanese jazz bands? You might like them.
My Empire Rifles action is on it's way. Awesome foundation for a custom rifle...
I've heard a few of the groups/artists on TBM. Outside of that, I can't say that I've been exposed to much of it. If you have any suggestions (doesn't have to be jazz), I'd certainly appreciate them.
I really like The National. I especially like their surprise track in Portal 2! Do you ever feel like it's odd how The National albums seem to be mastered to boost the lower registered of Dessner's voice? I tend to use their albums as a test for 'what do male vocals sound like on this...'
Ooh, I dunno if that's flat. It doesn't measure flat and it doesn't sound flat to my ears (highs and lows rolled off). The XBA-10 seems to sound bassier but the highs are still pretty blunted.
Close! It's an NEX F3 (I use the flip around LCD to monitor myself). Recording at 25P. The lens is the Sony Zeiss SEL24F18Z. Such a beautiful lens, I'm glad I got it on sale because I will treasure it forever. It's the lens that stays on my camera almost all the time so I can take pictures of creepy hallways and alleys.
I hope Ogg and Ook did not beat each other to death arguing about rock burn-in.
This is why you need people from other timezones to trawl through old pages and dredge up old stuff and slow everyone down!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Good wireless headphone for a $150 budget? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 8 minutes ago
- › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)