Your own negativity may be your own placebo ;).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Really bass heavy headphones Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone $699 Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Circumaural Headphone Cup Sizing Thread and the Tacophone Effect Last post on 6/7/14 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 808
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suspect that Ogg and Ook (the first two prehistoric audiophiles) had this same argument about why two identical rocks produced slightly different sounds when they were beat on with sticks.
I used to work in a building that had an underground garage. There was one level of "executive parking", and one of the execs was an exotic car collector. Every day he would bring a different car and he would cycle through his collection of daily drivers every few weeks. So, we would see the red Lambo, the black Maserati, the red Ferrari, the yellow Ferrari, the white Rolls, the black Bentley, etc, etc. I always thought that would definitely be the way to do it - putting some variety in your life and enjoying the entire collection. The same can be said for any collection - from headphones to cars to watches to fountain pens...
Speaking of which, how often do y'all switch headphones? I used to do it everyday, but these days I find myself gravitating to certain pairs and sticking with them for days on end.
Measure well or measure similarly/identically?
Warrenpchi a good example would be the DX100. With different firmwares the unit sounds clearly different to having the identical firmware. Yet the unit measures ruler flat.
Right, but what I'm saying is that they can both appear to be practically flat. I haven't seen the graphs in question so I have no idea how much each respective unit would adhere to "flat". If they're off by just a dB or two in opposite directions at certain times, that may not show up significantly on a graph that has a scale of - oh let's say - 60dB... especially if those measurements are looked at "at a glance." So unless he's saying they measure identically, I think there may be some wiggle room in there.
Assuming only home listening, leaving the portable 'phones out of the equation, I'll go a few days with whatever set I am using.
Out of an average of 16 listening sessions per month, perhaps 1-2 times unless I'm auditioning.
DX100 AP sweep Fig.
iBasso DX100 RMAA and Square Wave results
today's review of the DX100. I must apologise for the MME result: that is actually DT880 600Ω, but the export utility didn't properly work.
These are the results of hardware tests which correspond to
PART ONE: DX100 paired with Earsonics SM2, Audio Technica ES10, Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ω.
Right. So in that case, some of those measurements are not identical... especially given 10 dB gradations. Also, he's measuring with different headphones right? Maybe I'm not understanding something and hopelessly lost here?
About the only Chinese made tubes I like are the "Fullmusic" ones. The Psvane tubes look like a more expensive version of the Shuguang Treasures. In the Zana Deux, the Fullmusic 6SL7 really shines.
Jazzerdave, have you listened to any Japanese jazz bands? You might like them.
My Empire Rifles action is on it's way. Awesome foundation for a custom rifle...
I've heard a few of the groups/artists on TBM. Outside of that, I can't say that I've been exposed to much of it. If you have any suggestions (doesn't have to be jazz), I'd certainly appreciate them.
I really like The National. I especially like their surprise track in Portal 2! Do you ever feel like it's odd how The National albums seem to be mastered to boost the lower registered of Dessner's voice? I tend to use their albums as a test for 'what do male vocals sound like on this...'
Ooh, I dunno if that's flat. It doesn't measure flat and it doesn't sound flat to my ears (highs and lows rolled off). The XBA-10 seems to sound bassier but the highs are still pretty blunted.
Close! It's an NEX F3 (I use the flip around LCD to monitor myself). Recording at 25P. The lens is the Sony Zeiss SEL24F18Z. Such a beautiful lens, I'm glad I got it on sale because I will treasure it forever. It's the lens that stays on my camera almost all the time so I can take pictures of creepy hallways and alleys.
I hope Ogg and Ook did not beat each other to death arguing about rock burn-in.
This is why you need people from other timezones to trawl through old pages and dredge up old stuff and slow everyone down!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 56 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 2 minutes ago
- › T-Amp or Stereo Receiver for PC Setup? 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)