- 9,116 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Land of looking for work
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic Clear Gel Pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Full Review + ATH-M50 Comparison Last post on 2/15/14 at 9:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 807post #12091 of 211755/15/13 at 10:25amOh and btw a_rec, what camera (+ lens) are you using to record your videos?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12092 of 211755/15/13 at 10:51amQuote:
The 458 is awesome on a lonely stretch of highway, very special, just not what you want to drive in the city.post #12093 of 211755/15/13 at 10:53ampost #12094 of 211755/15/13 at 11:33ampost #12095 of 211755/15/13 at 12:12pmpost #12096 of 211755/15/13 at 12:14pmpost #12097 of 211755/15/13 at 12:59pmQuote:
Oh you know, just being awesome.Quote:
That's the reason for my post!post #12098 of 211755/15/13 at 1:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by akash neagi
I was looking around and I think I'll add the SE215 Special edition to my list....
They look awesome.....
I hear they are a bit bass heavy(I want a bass heavy IME)......
If you are looking for something almost flat look into the XBA-1......
I loved mine till I lost them......
I've got a UE600 coming in the mail soon. Haven't even heard it and I'm already looking for more. I should probably just get the FXD80 and then call it a day for a little while.Quote:
You don't regret it though right? Still a stunning thing to look at, even if you can't turn at low speed.post #12099 of 211755/15/13 at 1:21pmpost #12100 of 211755/15/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Nope, no regrets at all. I really don't do very much city driving anyway.post #12101 of 211755/15/13 at 2:03pmI used to work in a building that had an underground garage. There was one level of "executive parking", and one of the execs was an exotic car collector. Every day he would bring a different car and he would cycle through his collection of daily drivers every few weeks. So, we would see the red Lambo, the black Maserati, the red Ferrari, the yellow Ferrari, the white Rolls, the black Bentley, etc, etc. I always thought that would definitely be the way to do it - putting some variety in your life and enjoying the entire collection. The same can be said for any collection - from headphones to cars to watches to fountain pens...post #12102 of 211755/15/13 at 2:21pm
About the only Chinese made tubes I like are the "Fullmusic" ones. The Psvane tubes look like a more expensive version of the Shuguang Treasures. In the Zana Deux, the Fullmusic 6SL7 really shines.
Jazzerdave, have you listened to any Japanese jazz bands? You might like them.
My Empire Rifles action is on it's way. Awesome foundation for a custom rifle...post #12103 of 211755/15/13 at 2:56pmpost #12104 of 211755/15/13 at 3:01pmQuote:
Because there is more to sound than just measurements alone. Things in audio that I feel we cannot measure.
Edited by lee730 - 5/15/13 at 3:08pmpost #12105 of 211755/15/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Also there is OI to consider...unless that's a part of your "measure well"
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K340 and perfect amplifying solution 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Classical recommendations based on my limited tastes 7 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude