Edited by vwinter - 5/14/13 at 8:59am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 798
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11957 of 217605/14/13 at 9:15ampost #11958 of 217605/14/13 at 9:18am
I propose akash neagi be a subject of TMAC's posting style month thingies.Quote:Hi....What headphones....Do you think....Would suit me best.....In your opinion???post #11959 of 217605/14/13 at 9:25amQuote:
That's why I didn't wait for the Turbo and bought the Carrera S instead. Frankly, 400bhp is plenty for that car, it's very lively. 0-60 in 3.5s isn't something to sneeze at. One issue I have with forced induction Porsches is their turbo lag, it's very pronounced and I prefer a linear throttle. I don't like driving along at 60, mashing the gas, then very suddenly going from 250hp to near 600, and the TC/ESP is fighting to keep you in a straight line. The MP4-12C manages to avoid be plagued with it, despite its engine being roughly the same displacement. I doubt it's because of R&D, Porsche has much deeper pockets than McLaren.post #11960 of 217605/14/13 at 9:33ampost #11961 of 217605/14/13 at 9:37ampost #11962 of 217605/14/13 at 10:35amMy dude on the "inside", actually it's a she, tells me that Ruf is going to rework the 991 Turbo, taking it to over 800hp, and giving it a proper manual gearbox. Probably limited to 10-15 cars (as usual for them). Would be a nice investment, but look for them to start at $800k.post #11963 of 217605/14/13 at 10:48amQuote:
My first thought was that you were typing (always) on a 'Mobile.'post #11964 of 217605/14/13 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
My dude on the "inside", actually it's a she, tells me that Ruf is going to rework the 991 Turbo, taking it to over 800hp, and giving it a proper manual gearbox. Probably limited to 10-15 cars (as usual for them). Would be a nice investment, but look for them to start at $800k.
And revising their interviews for prospective buyers.post #11965 of 217605/14/13 at 10:56am
It's like a play on baseball expressions. The first line just means something like unexpectedly and the second line isn't meant to make sense except that it's another baseball expression.
Like I said, not really worth explaining.Quote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
That's why I didn't wait for the Turbo and bought the Carrera S instead. Frankly, 400bhp is plenty for that car, it's very lively. 0-60 in 3.5s isn't something to sneeze at. One issue I have with forced induction Porsches is their turbo lag, it's very pronounced and I prefer a linear throttle. I don't like driving along at 60, mashing the gas, then very suddenly going from 250hp to near 600, and the TC/ESP is fighting to keep you in a straight line. The MP4-12C manages to avoid be plagued with it, despite its engine being roughly the same displacement. I doubt it's because of R&D, Porsche has much deeper pockets than McLaren.
Have you by any chance driven the F1? Just curious is all. It's supposed to be exactly the opposite of the 12C in its daily drivability.
I'm a little surprised that they haven't been able to tame the lag. I think BMW did a great job with that on the N54 and N55 but we're not really talking about the same kind of output for a 6 cylinder.post #11966 of 217605/14/13 at 11:01amI'm a believer that any sort of punctuation should really only be used to impart a sense of emotion to the written words. Ellipses are good for sarcasm or for letting the reader fill-in the missing word, thus making the reader more involved in the story. Putting them everywhere just makes it sound like you are using "uptalk"post #11967 of 217605/14/13 at 11:15ampost #11968 of 217605/14/13 at 1:06pm
I'm late again.Quote:
My rubbish english doesn't help here, but if I got right...there are a fair amount of cross species furs around there.
Not only Fisk but his suit is amazing.post #11969 of 217605/14/13 at 4:03pm
So I bit... my ears will probably hate me.
Just Ordered one of those Hifiman RE-400s.
I'm also planning on getting some Denon AH-C300s in order to emulate my current full-size setup (i.e. RE-400 --> Mad Dogs and C300 --> Ultrasone Signature DJ).
Hopefully I'm making the right choices?!?
(and hopefully they'll be comfortable)
Thanks warrenpchi for the RE400 rec!post #11970 of 217605/14/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Wut? You were serious about that? Enjoy 'em. Haven't run into one negative word about them yet. And at that price, I think they are worth the money.
Also, I seem to remember there being fans of the JVC FXT90 in here. Can one of you tell me why this limited edition version of it is $1,660.70?
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 44 seconds ago
- › Looking For Sound Advice 52 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 5 minutes ago
- › [~100$] What should I replace my Sony MDR-7506 for ? (lacking bass,... 5 minutes ago
- › Budget full-sized wireless headphones for casual gaming & voice... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 8 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 8 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2