Edited by vwinter - 5/14/13 at 8:59am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 798
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11957 of 217605/14/13 at 9:15ampost #11958 of 217605/14/13 at 9:18am
I propose akash neagi be a subject of TMAC's posting style month thingies.Quote:Hi....What headphones....Do you think....Would suit me best.....In your opinion???post #11959 of 217605/14/13 at 9:25amQuote:
That's why I didn't wait for the Turbo and bought the Carrera S instead. Frankly, 400bhp is plenty for that car, it's very lively. 0-60 in 3.5s isn't something to sneeze at. One issue I have with forced induction Porsches is their turbo lag, it's very pronounced and I prefer a linear throttle. I don't like driving along at 60, mashing the gas, then very suddenly going from 250hp to near 600, and the TC/ESP is fighting to keep you in a straight line. The MP4-12C manages to avoid be plagued with it, despite its engine being roughly the same displacement. I doubt it's because of R&D, Porsche has much deeper pockets than McLaren.post #11960 of 217605/14/13 at 9:33ampost #11961 of 217605/14/13 at 9:37ampost #11962 of 217605/14/13 at 10:35amMy dude on the "inside", actually it's a she, tells me that Ruf is going to rework the 991 Turbo, taking it to over 800hp, and giving it a proper manual gearbox. Probably limited to 10-15 cars (as usual for them). Would be a nice investment, but look for them to start at $800k.post #11963 of 217605/14/13 at 10:48amQuote:
My first thought was that you were typing (always) on a 'Mobile.'post #11964 of 217605/14/13 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
My dude on the "inside", actually it's a she, tells me that Ruf is going to rework the 991 Turbo, taking it to over 800hp, and giving it a proper manual gearbox. Probably limited to 10-15 cars (as usual for them). Would be a nice investment, but look for them to start at $800k.
And revising their interviews for prospective buyers.post #11965 of 217605/14/13 at 10:56am
It's like a play on baseball expressions. The first line just means something like unexpectedly and the second line isn't meant to make sense except that it's another baseball expression.
Like I said, not really worth explaining.Quote:Originally Posted by Magick Man
That's why I didn't wait for the Turbo and bought the Carrera S instead. Frankly, 400bhp is plenty for that car, it's very lively. 0-60 in 3.5s isn't something to sneeze at. One issue I have with forced induction Porsches is their turbo lag, it's very pronounced and I prefer a linear throttle. I don't like driving along at 60, mashing the gas, then very suddenly going from 250hp to near 600, and the TC/ESP is fighting to keep you in a straight line. The MP4-12C manages to avoid be plagued with it, despite its engine being roughly the same displacement. I doubt it's because of R&D, Porsche has much deeper pockets than McLaren.
Have you by any chance driven the F1? Just curious is all. It's supposed to be exactly the opposite of the 12C in its daily drivability.
I'm a little surprised that they haven't been able to tame the lag. I think BMW did a great job with that on the N54 and N55 but we're not really talking about the same kind of output for a 6 cylinder.post #11966 of 217605/14/13 at 11:01amI'm a believer that any sort of punctuation should really only be used to impart a sense of emotion to the written words. Ellipses are good for sarcasm or for letting the reader fill-in the missing word, thus making the reader more involved in the story. Putting them everywhere just makes it sound like you are using "uptalk"post #11967 of 217605/14/13 at 11:15ampost #11968 of 217605/14/13 at 1:06pm
I'm late again.Quote:
My rubbish english doesn't help here, but if I got right...there are a fair amount of cross species furs around there.
Not only Fisk but his suit is amazing.post #11969 of 217605/14/13 at 4:03pm
So I bit... my ears will probably hate me.
Just Ordered one of those Hifiman RE-400s.
I'm also planning on getting some Denon AH-C300s in order to emulate my current full-size setup (i.e. RE-400 --> Mad Dogs and C300 --> Ultrasone Signature DJ).
Hopefully I'm making the right choices?!?
(and hopefully they'll be comfortable)
Thanks warrenpchi for the RE400 rec!post #11970 of 217605/14/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Wut? You were serious about that? Enjoy 'em. Haven't run into one negative word about them yet. And at that price, I think they are worth the money.
Also, I seem to remember there being fans of the JVC FXT90 in here. Can one of you tell me why this limited edition version of it is $1,660.70?
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › CanJam @ RMAF 2015, Oct. 2-4, 2015 -- The Exhibitors! 44 seconds ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 46 seconds ago
- › Japan is the headphone paradise, and here's the proof 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 1 minute ago
- › New Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition from Amazon (Help needed) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 - New In Box 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2