or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 767  

post #11491 of 21760

Alright cool. Seems like it won't be long then smily_headphones1.gif

post #11492 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Do they have Ronald McDonald over there? Does his French counterpart look like a mime?

 

Do they have the French equivalent of Ran Ran Ruu over there?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5YFVagu8M

 

These are important questions

Somehow the thought of dining in a Parisian McDonald's doesn't seem like a very pleasant experience to me anymore.

 

post #11493 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Since IEMs and Stax get mentioned here a bit, I thought I'd ask you guys about something curious.  So there's this guy named JK1 who seems to think that

 

(a JVC HA-FX40) reminds him of

 

in terms of sound (as he states here).  I'm taking this with a pretty big saltlick right now, but there's always that quiet hope deep inside me that maybe?  Just maybe?

 

Any thoughts?

     They have a lot of treble air. Otherwise no comment.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

A 160,000 watt class A amplifier. Finally the HE-6 can be driven properly with enough headroom.

 

Best part is the iDevice compatibility.

     Hooray!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

they'd better be the second coming of audio Jesus.

I'm 78.9% sure that the M50s took that spot already.
post #11494 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Welp. I finally speared the white whale. 

 

One year after I posted this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597146/fitear-to-go-334-suyamas-custom-iem-made-universal/195#post_8332236

 

I finally went ahead and scored a pair of 334. Got damn. After all of the seemingly immutable praise that's been heaped on these things, they'd better be the second coming of audio Jesus. Although... now that a few impressions of the Parterre are trickling in... I might have to off the 334 to get in on the ground floor of those babies if they do indeed filter the lauded FitEar sig thru a concert hall like space. I am just a sucker for immersion I guess. 

 

Digi - Has the eagle landed yet? Last time I traced the package, it seems that they have left customs... That watch is indeed classy man. You'd classy up any joint just from having that thing around your wrist. You'd make a breakfast at Mickey D's feel like dinin' in Paris friendo 


Nice! The 334 has a very intimate/forward presentation. So in that is is very immersive. But space wise (sound-staging) can't really say that.

post #11495 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
I'm 78.9% sure that the M50s took that spot already.

Lulz When you have learned to separate the altruist from the troll, it will be time for you to leave 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Nice! The 334 has a very intimate/forward presentation. So in that is is very immersive. But space wise (sound-staging) can't really say that.

Yeah... only thing I'm kinda hesitant about. Which is why I've got my eyes locked on that Parterre thread. I'm just wondering whether the Parterre's stage is gonna sound wonky or artificial 

post #11496 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Lulz When you have learned to separate the altruist from the troll, it will be time for you to leave 

Yeah... only thing I'm kinda hesitant about. Which is why I've got my eyes locked on that Parterre thread. I'm just wondering whether the Parterre's stage is gonna sound wonky or artificial 


It just really depends on what you're after. For example my 8As present music in a very different way. I mean so much so that I wonder if I'm listening to the same tracks lol. But I still enjoy it. So at the ends of the day it's nice to have different sound signatures. The key is though is it enough at $1,300 :).

 

Anyways I look forward to your impressions on the 334s. Particularly on the bass. Keep me posted :).

 

Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

 


Edited by lee730 - 5/11/13 at 2:28pm
post #11497 of 21760
Well I happen to disagree. The TG334 has one of the most realistic sense of space I've heard.
post #11498 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Nice! The 334 has a very intimate/forward presentation. So in that is is very immersive. But space wise (sound-staging) can't really say that.

 

The 334's soundstage is really strange (to me at least). It's huge, but it's not that big at the same time.

 

I've heard iems give really out of the head presentations, but the 334's soundstage was huge without ever really going out of head. It put a tremendous amount of space between instruments.

 

It's almost as if it shrunk my consciousness to make my head space bigger, or just straight up expanded the room inside my head.

 

I probably sound like an idiot...

post #11499 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

The 334's soundstage is really strange (to me at least). It's huge, but it's not that big at the same time.

 

I've heard iems give really out of the head presentations, but the 334's soundstage was huge without ever really going out of head. It put a tremendous amount of space between instruments.

 

It's almost as if it shrunk my consciousness to make my head space bigger, or just straight up expanded the room inside my head.

 

I probably sound like an idiot...


It has great depth to the sound and inner sound staging. Kinda like on the Flat 4 Sui. I'm guessing its head-staging opposed to actual sound staging. In terms of realism I don't agree at all. But its a very pleasurable sound nonetheless. What I mean by this is I can't imagine myself relative to the actual presentation itself. I heard that the 335 and SE5 on the other hand while intimate do offer and out of head sound staging. Which really has me interested in them. I plan on getting them in the future when funds allow :).


Edited by lee730 - 5/11/13 at 2:37pm
post #11500 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

The 334's soundstage is really strange (to me at least). It's huge, but it's not that big at the same time.

 

I've heard iems give really out of the head presentations, but the 334's soundstage was huge without ever really going out of head. It put a tremendous amount of space between instruments.

 

It's almost as if it shrunk my consciousness to make my head space bigger, or just straight up expanded the room inside my head.

 

I probably sound like an idiot...

Sounds like the IEM version of the Tardis.

post #11501 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
Anyways I look forward to your impressions on the 334s. Particularly on the bass. Keep me posted :).

 

Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

 

Gonna be awhile as my phones are coming from Deutschland I think. Same guy sold Romy a set of L3000's so he can't be too bad lol. And man, dehydrated/reconstituted ramen is one of my guilty pleasures! I miss livin' next to a Marukai, that place always had the coolest ****. I don't have a Costco card, but I'll try lookin' at Sams or Seafood City next time I'm there

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Well I happen to disagree. The TG334 has one of the most realistic sense of space I've heard.

I'm hoping that I come to the same conclusion... or... maybe not. I'm not sure. I'm still kind of reeling over these back to back expenses that I've racked up in a short span of time :l 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

The 334's soundstage is really strange (to me at least). It's huge, but it's not that big at the same time.

 

I've heard iems give really out of the head presentations, but the 334's soundstage was huge without ever really going out of head. It put a tremendous amount of space between instruments.

 

It's almost as if it shrunk my consciousness to make my head space bigger, or just straight up expanded the room inside my head.

 

I probably sound like an idiot...

Sounds like a less eloquent way of describing Romy's mental origami phenomena. I do experience that same sensation with the Flat-4 but I also do get a genuine "out of head" sensation on certain tracks as well; I can certainly understand where the both of you are coming from where inner depth is concerned. The F-4 is sort of cavernous in that respect on some dense recordings, like you're spelunking into the track itself. If the 334 pulls off a similar parlor trick, then I'll be one happy camper

post #11502 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Are any of you Ramen lovers? OMG I just love this Ace brand Ramen "Super Big Ramen". It's rather expensive but just so ono :). I'm gonna have to stock up on it the next time I go to costcos. I tried finding it for cheaper but no luck.

 

Did you just edit that in? :P I could have sworn that pic wasn't there before because otherwise I'd pounce on anything ramen within a 100Gbit radius.

 

Looks like some legit shoyu. Not a big spender so I just usually grab Shin Ramyun whenever they have sales for the 20-pack at Costco.

post #11503 of 21760

I love those super bowls

post #11504 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

And man, dehydrated/reconstituted ramen is one of my guilty pleasures!

 

I used to love ramen...until I startd looking at the nutritional contents on the back....at least 70% DV sodium?! 

 

No thanks.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Sounds like the IEM version of the Tardis.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Time Lords had a hand in the matter.

post #11505 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Gonna be awhile as my phones are coming from Deutschland I think. Same guy sold Romy a set of L3000's so he can't be too bad lol. And man, dehydrated/reconstituted ramen is one of my guilty pleasures! I miss livin' next to a Marukai, that place always had the coolest ****. I don't have a Costco card, but I'll try lookin' at Sams or Seafood City next time I'm there

I'm hoping that I come to the same conclusion... or... maybe not. I'm not sure. I'm still kind of reeling over these back to back expenses that I've racked up in a short span of time :l 

Sounds like a less eloquent way of describing Romy's mental origami phenomena. I do experience that same sensation with the Flat-4 but I also do get a genuine "out of head" sensation on certain tracks as well; I can certainly understand where the both of you are coming from where inner depth is concerned. The F-4 is sort of cavernous in that respect on some dense recordings, like you're spelunking into the track itself. If the 334 pulls off a similar parlor trick, then I'll be one happy camper

 

I agree with you on the inner-depth. It is massive. Yet at the same time I do feel it to be extending out of my head. But the key here is I can't place myself relative to it. It's like you're floating in a stadium with the ambiance surrounding you lol. If you like the Flat 4 I won't be surprised if you enjoy the 334. Not as aggressive though as the Flat 4 yet at the same time (in a sense) they are lol. Because how forward they are. Bass was the showcase for me due to it sticking out so much (slow decay).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Did you just edit that in? :P I could have sworn that pic wasn't there before because otherwise I'd pounce on anything ramen within a 100Gbit radius.

 

Looks like some legit shoyu. Not a big spender so I just usually grab Shin Ramyun whenever they have sales for the 20-pack at Costco.

 

Yes I did on a whim lol. I was eating it at the time and was like I gotta share this lol. Its expensive though like $2.00 a cup at costco. But you have to buy the case so its $24.00. Still since that is cheaper than anywhere else I've found I'll be buying 2 cases the next time I go. I simply chopped up some spam, heated up water in that screamer pot (not sure what you call it lol) and walla :).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

I love those super bowls

 

I just wish they were cheaper. At $1.00 a pop I think it would be very much worth it! They should just market them in regular packages and sell them for a 1.00 each lol. No need for the lazy cup.

 

 

Speaking of Ramen I ended up looking for a recipe on how to make your own Ramen and it looks pretty neat. From the comments I've read many seem to like the recipe. I'm gonna make it for dinner one of these days. :)

 

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-REAL-Japanese-ramen-from-scratch/


Edited by lee730 - 5/11/13 at 3:03pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2