- 5,186 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic Clear Gel Pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Full Review + ATH-M50 Comparison Last post on 2/15/14 at 9:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 761post #11401 of 211555/9/13 at 9:56amHe did not accept my order yet, should be possible before mid May, end at the latest.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11402 of 211555/9/13 at 9:58ampost #11403 of 211555/9/13 at 10:42amQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
DAMMIT NOKIA if you weren't too hubristic with Symbian back then and innovate and evolve it like you're doing here FOR THE ******* "DUMB"PHONE OS you could probably be.... I don't know, not with Microsoft. /mad
I mean, that looks positively like what a better Symbian could look like. This saddens me all too greatly.
Symbian, still on Java, not sure how far performance-wise they would reach... but with MeeGo and "Swype", that was another story!!! Now, I'm glad that this new "Asha Platform" brings back so many great things from MeeGo. In fact, I might buy one of these Nokia's just for fun (maybe when they release a 3G one...) I have always liked Nokia, had the N9 not too long ago (it died on me! :( First time a Nokia phone dies on me!) and now I have a "locked" Nokia Lumia 820 (waiting for the codes to become available from AT&T... I guess the final day was today or tomorrow...) and actively using a Lumia 620. I miss the MeeGo platform though... but Windows is alright. I'm not a power user which is why I probably have stuck with Nokia. I have tried both iOS and Android (also tried WebOS), and of all of them MeeGo and Windows are the easiest to use and best to get organized without the need of downloading a buttload of apps...
Anyway, I'm waiting for MS to step back from the mobile platform so that Nokia can go back to MeeGo!! LOL (not going to happen probably but, well, I can dream...)Quote:
My first and only experience with them was BAAAAAD! They said they had the items in stock and I waited for 3 weeks and no shipment. Decided to cancel of course... Maybe they do this to people in the US? (or International Shipments...)post #11404 of 211555/9/13 at 10:45amThread StarterQuote:
Well, I've heard similar experiences from different folks who tried them in different locations / times, so I would imagine it has something to do with the way they make the shells or tune them?Quote:
If you could ask the guy about their availability, that would be awesome. They're surprisingly expensive: I think around 600-800 USD.Quote:
Sorry you wont be going to Fujiya! Maybe next time? You can bet there will always be stuff to look forward to there (and probably three more Flat4s by this time next year LMAO).
Regarding FitEar, build quality is a major part of it, yeah. It's some of the best I've encountered in IEMs whether they're custom or universal. They're also exceedingly comfortable and one of the few listening devices I actually want to wear when I'm not in a masochistic mood. Honestly I don't talk about comfort as much as some people, at least not in a make-it-or-break-it sort of way, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. Over the years I've learned to tolerate quite a bit of gear-related discomfort, just because I like collecting and using a variety of stuff. Then there's the masochism aspect. Sound-wise I really like FitEar's monitors too. Even when they're more overtly colored, it's done in a way that isn't overdone or intrusive. They're all fairly transparent sounding and natural to my ears in most cases.post #11405 of 211555/9/13 at 10:57ampost #11406 of 211555/9/13 at 12:04pmpost #11407 of 211555/9/13 at 1:53pmpost #11408 of 211555/9/13 at 2:04pmpost #11409 of 211555/9/13 at 3:17pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by 333jeffery
If you're sick of Bioshock Infinite, here's the cure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_frmpccxNgI
I'm definitely getting this. Cheesy action FTW! Biehn has a good sense of humor, too.
Oh. My. God.
It's like someone made a game with everything I love in it.
It's like... Romy: The Game.
I must play this immediately. LMFAO.post #11410 of 211555/9/13 at 3:28pmpost #11411 of 211555/9/13 at 3:30pmpost #11412 of 211555/9/13 at 3:43pmpost #11413 of 211555/9/13 at 3:43pmpost #11414 of 211555/9/13 at 3:44pmQuote:
According to steam: "Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon does not require a copy of Far Cry® 3."post #11415 of 211555/9/13 at 4:06pm
I've heard so many fun things about Blood Dragon. It seems like something I'd like but I wonder if it will be as awesomely juvenile as Saints Row 3. (I loved Saints Row 3 so much and am palpably excited about No.4)
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best version of Superlux HD-681 12 seconds ago
- › Entreq Challenger 2010 Audeze Balanced Headphone Cable 42 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless vs Beats Pro 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude