Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 755
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ak120 is gapless low impedance double dac...for 1700$. What a rip off.
I liked the thin nozzles. Because I have ungodly small canals.
Wait, are you guys serious about this? Because if so, I could help. Thing is, you wouldn't be getting the best "deal" from me because we have a hideously high sales tax here in CA - nearly 10% atm - because the health care and educational needs of illegal immigrants are NOT cheap. Some states don't have sales tax at all (like Massachusettes I believe). Perhaps there is someone here that lives in such a state?
10% of $50 is only $5. Which is £35 and still a massive discount from the UK price gouge. I rather expect it would be curbstomped in terms of performance by my PFE though.
Dat new Shure goodness.
NINE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE OF YOUR US CURRENCY
Who among you shall take the leap?
Hmmm. Well, the little video segment from Jude mentions that he doesn't use the treble reducer tip, and I like my treble quite sparkly. I'll hold off and hope Shure bring one to the October London Meet.
Once one company sees it can get away with price gouging the consumer, all the others want in on the party.
it's the "MSRP retail". I'm guessing it will stay at 1k when everything settles down. Only earphone solutions has them listed and they have a lot of discounts as well.
EDIT: I am persnally surprised that they focused on the "true subwoofer". I felt it was the treble that was lacking in the 535.
Really? I found the treble nice and hot........ however. It is terrible with the wrong genre (aka terrible mastering)
I have absolutely nothing against my SE535, however I think I have to stop listening to pop music
Yes, I've tried it on several occasions and that's the impression it leaves me. Though, I am aware that other people think it is quite sibilant. It's quite polarizing, really
It practically screams "please don't read me!"
You make that sound like a bad thing. Maybe you could tear yourself away for just a couple of days?
Minimal fuss I suppose... though realistically I think Jude's review thread on it (I'm assuming where will be one) will probably wind up being it.
The price is interesting and they look quite pretty to these eyes.
Sounds about right. $1,300 is likely the MSRP, while street value is closer to 1K. It's a nice lookin IEM fo sho, but I'll wait for those impressions to roll in to separate reality from the PR spiel
How long do you think it'll be before someone starts comparing it to the K3003?
Hmm, dunno about that. But while we're on the subject of alternatives to a reshell... Veyron, would you be interested in a temporary replacement?
It doesn't seem that far off from what you're used to, and it's on sale for only $50 on Amazon right now.
I have my XBA3 as an daily beater ATM...... and I dont think I need another IEM........
Oh, well not necessary then. Nevermind.
Well except for Sony during the 90s when they put bass on every package, as if it temporarily became a synonym for sound.
Oh please no, let's not and pretend we did.
This has been the first philosophy book I've read so far, and it was an excellent introduction. I'm anxious to read more. Thanks a bunch Mutabor for recommending Wittgenstein to me.
I've encountered that site before. Dunno much about it. They seem to be horn speaker enthusiasts, just with a cursory look-around. Also slightly unhinged judging from the New Age spiritual enlightenment thru audiophilia motif. <3
Probably, yeah. Seems like every big name is getting into the $1k+ universal game now, which it totally not unexpected. Blame AKG. Shure, Sure, FAD was doing it before them, but they brought it out of the shadows into the limelight.
What I want to know is WTF is this thing?
Is that the "true subwoofer?" Please tell me that isn't the true subwoofer. You're going to look like such a royal prat if it is. Which means I'll have to get one.
What I think of Shure IEMs... (Click to show)
I don't much care for them. I had a few as a grad student, back before I was really into IEMs, and they pretty much all broke with normal use. Another developed a bad channel imbalance within a month of my buying it. TBH that was part of the reason for my staying away from high-end IEMs for so long: I assumed they were all like that.
It sits there costing too much.
I actually love the form factor and UI of the AK100. It's probably my favorite DAP in that category. Sound-wise I though it sounded great with *certain* IEMs but not others. If this model retains that same form and functionality but sounds better with a wider array of devices, then in and of itself it's probably awesome. With that price however I can't really get into it.
Oh.. well... okay then. But hey, NY is fun too!
Hmm, the presence of ham and cheese has been detected... compromise accepted.
That's the special tip included for robots and automatons that'll buy it just because (and for absolutely no other reason whatsover).
The metal thing? It's used to change the treble filters in the nozzle.
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Advice on Bluetooth and decoding 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Hybrid Maple/Black Limba cupped V7 Build Tour Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear