Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 755post #11311 of 217605/8/13 at 11:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11312 of 217605/9/13 at 12:00amTHe Shure iem is currently 899 on predorder but still way overpriced IMO...I ll still get it if it sounds great though
The ak120 is gapless low impedance double dac...for 1700$. What a rip off.post #11313 of 217605/9/13 at 12:03amQuote:
I liked the thin nozzles. Because I have ungodly small canals.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Wait, are you guys serious about this? Because if so, I could help. Thing is, you wouldn't be getting the best "deal" from me because we have a hideously high sales tax here in CA - nearly 10% atm - because the health care and educational needs of illegal immigrants are NOT cheap. Some states don't have sales tax at all (like Massachusettes I believe). Perhaps there is someone here that lives in such a state?
10% of $50 is only $5. Which is £35 and still a massive discount from the UK price gouge. I rather expect it would be curbstomped in terms of performance by my PFE though.Quote:Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24
Dat new Shure goodness.
NINE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE OF YOUR US CURRENCY
Who among you shall take the leap?
Hmmm. Well, the little video segment from Jude mentions that he doesn't use the treble reducer tip, and I like my treble quite sparkly. I'll hold off and hope Shure bring one to the October London Meet.Quote:
Once one company sees it can get away with price gouging the consumer, all the others want in on the party.post #11315 of 217605/9/13 at 12:24amQuote:Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw
it's the "MSRP retail". I'm guessing it will stay at 1k when everything settles down. Only earphone solutions has them listed and they have a lot of discounts as well.
EDIT: I am persnally surprised that they focused on the "true subwoofer". I felt it was the treble that was lacking in the 535.
Really? I found the treble nice and hot........ however. It is terrible with the wrong genre (aka terrible mastering)
I have absolutely nothing against my SE535, however I think I have to stop listening to pop musicpost #11316 of 217605/9/13 at 12:28ampost #11317 of 217605/9/13 at 12:39amQuote:
Yes, I've tried it on several occasions and that's the impression it leaves me. Though, I am aware that other people think it is quite sibilant. It's quite polarizing, reallypost #11318 of 217605/9/13 at 1:35amQuote:
It practically screams "please don't read me!"
You make that sound like a bad thing. Maybe you could tear yourself away for just a couple of days?Quote:
Minimal fuss I suppose... though realistically I think Jude's review thread on it (I'm assuming where will be one) will probably wind up being it.Quote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
The price is interesting and they look quite pretty to these eyes.
Sounds about right. $1,300 is likely the MSRP, while street value is closer to 1K. It's a nice lookin IEM fo sho, but I'll wait for those impressions to roll in to separate reality from the PR spiel
How long do you think it'll be before someone starts comparing it to the K3003?Quote:Originally Posted by veyrongattiQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
Hmm, dunno about that. But while we're on the subject of alternatives to a reshell... Veyron, would you be interested in a temporary replacement?
It doesn't seem that far off from what you're used to, and it's on sale for only $50 on Amazon right now.
I have my XBA3 as an daily beater ATM...... and I dont think I need another IEM........
Oh, well not necessary then. Nevermind.Quote:
Well except for Sony during the 90s when they put bass on every package, as if it temporarily became a synonym for sound.
Oh please no, let's not and pretend we did.post #11319 of 217605/9/13 at 1:42ampost #11320 of 217605/9/13 at 1:43ampost #11321 of 217605/9/13 at 1:50ampost #11322 of 217605/9/13 at 1:58amI finished reading Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus the other day. Excellent book, and it has some very interesting points about the structure of this world and the consequences of such structure. Some of the ideas are hard to grasp, and I plan to reread the book after taking a course of fundamental mathematics (that is, logic).
This has been the first philosophy book I've read so far, and it was an excellent introduction. I'm anxious to read more. Thanks a bunch Mutabor for recommending Wittgenstein to me.post #11323 of 217605/9/13 at 2:04amThread Starter
I've encountered that site before. Dunno much about it. They seem to be horn speaker enthusiasts, just with a cursory look-around. Also slightly unhinged judging from the New Age spiritual enlightenment thru audiophilia motif. <3Quote:
Probably, yeah. Seems like every big name is getting into the $1k+ universal game now, which it totally not unexpected. Blame AKG. Shure, Sure, FAD was doing it before them, but they brought it out of the shadows into the limelight.
What I want to know is WTF is this thing?
Is that the "true subwoofer?" Please tell me that isn't the true subwoofer. You're going to look like such a royal prat if it is. Which means I'll have to get one.
I don't much care for them. I had a few as a grad student, back before I was really into IEMs, and they pretty much all broke with normal use. Another developed a bad channel imbalance within a month of my buying it. TBH that was part of the reason for my staying away from high-end IEMs for so long: I assumed they were all like that.As for sound, well, I their previous flagship IEM didn't sound so good to me. "Muddy" is a pretty good description going from memory. Their full-sized headphones are more likable IMHO, though the SRH-1440 is pretty rough and unpleasant for the money. The SRH-1840 I actually liked a bit. Had a warm-but-detailed sound. Some folks I know and respect called it "lo-fi sounding," but personally I don't hear that. Granted it doesn't scale anywhere near the HD800, but if you're going to use it with a modest setup I'd recommend it over the HD800. In a way it reminds me of the SA5000, only with a warmer tint. The SA5000 is an overall better headphone in terms of refinement however, and it costs less.Quote:
It sits there costing too much.
I actually love the form factor and UI of the AK100. It's probably my favorite DAP in that category. Sound-wise I though it sounded great with *certain* IEMs but not others. If this model retains that same form and functionality but sounds better with a wider array of devices, then in and of itself it's probably awesome. With that price however I can't really get into it.post #11324 of 217605/9/13 at 2:11amQuote:
Oh.. well... okay then. But hey, NY is fun too!
Hmm, the presence of ham and cheese has been detected... compromise accepted.
That's the special tip included for robots and automatons that'll buy it just because (and for absolutely no other reason whatsover).post #11325 of 217605/9/13 at 2:13amQuote:
The metal thing? It's used to change the treble filters in the nozzle.
This thread is locked
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 34 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Why are HD700's ~$500 7 minutes ago
- › 12AU7 Tubes - Under $30 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3