Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 713  

post #10681 of 21761

Hey guys here's a story for you, this morning I stopped by a Tim Hortons and grabbed some coffee. I had a few minutes to kill so I decided to sit down and read the paper for a bit. At the time I was wearing my customs and took them out of my ears and threw them into my Brainwaves IEM case. I read the paper for roughly 20 minutes checked my watch and decided to get moving. I was about halfway to where I start when I reached into my backpack to take out my customs and suddenly....my jaw dropped, I forgot my customs back at the Tim Hortons. I sprinted back as fast as my legs could carry me only to get to my table and find nadda. It was about that time I had this nearly uncontrollable urge to punch myself in the face for being so stupid. I was walking over to the girl working the register on the off chance someone may have turned them in when out of the corner of my eye I see this woman on her cellphone in a power suit (white collar office person) with what looks like my red and black Brainwavz IEM case in her hand. I immediately walked over to her and was about to ask if I could have a closer look at the case when she suddenly looked up and saw me. She must have seen me walking in with the customs on or saw me taking them off because she knew immediately I was the owner of that little case. She smiled at me and I then heard her say "never mind the driver came back for them" and hung up her cellphone. She then gave me back my customs and told me she had called city transit to report one of their drivers had lost something and was wondering where she could drop off the lost item so it could be returned to me. Thank God for honest people.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 4/26/13 at 9:21pm
post #10682 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

You have enough expensive IEMs already. You should get a decent headphone, like an TH900, ESP950 or an SR007.

I'll stop at the Monets before moving onto headphones. (which are definitely not being discontinued....definitely not in denial right now).

 

and plus, headphones don't clash well with long hair.

post #10683 of 21761
Great story Digi. Man, I remember when I read about someone here forgetting their 334s on a plane. I'd be crying if that ever happened to me :l
post #10684 of 21761

I have a major exam in 8 hours. Someone please tell me to go study

post #10685 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have a major exam in 8 hours. Someone please tell me to go study


Go study so you can graduate with honors

post #10686 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have a major exam in 8 hours. Someone please tell me to go study

Please go study.

 

 

 

 

 

No but seriously, good luck!

post #10687 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

She smiled at me and I then heard her say "never mind the driver came back for them" and hung up her cellphone. She then gave me back my customs and told me she had called city transit to report one of their drivers had lost something and was wondering where she could drop off the lost item so it could be returned to me. Thank God for honest people.

 

She offsets that bum from the other time.  The universe seeks it's own balance.  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have a major exam in 8 hours. Someone please tell me to go study

 

eke, if you're reading this... STOP GOOFING OFF AND GO BACK TO STUDYING!  wink.gif

 


 

BTW guys, had an earthquake here in the Marina earlier.  Epicenter was supposedly 3 miles SW of here.

post #10688 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have a major exam in 8 hours. Someone please tell me to go study

 

You're not done... get back in there! evil_smiley.gif

post #10689 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Pray tell, where can I find such a thing?  I think I recall Grado's GR8 (which I have) and GR10 (which I want) being moving armatures.  I didn't know there might be others.  And since only one of your 4 is truly a moving armature, I'm curious as to know whether one of the Grados might be lying.

 

Grado GR8, GR10 and Ortofon e-Q5, e-Q7 are all real moving armatures. My shootout back then was between the e-Q7 and three Final Audios. The FADs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) had just hit the market and there was next to no info about them. I had never heard single BAs with such impressive bass texture before, plus they sounded closer to the e-Q7 than to anything else I owned. So I jumped to the (wrong) conclusion that they had to be moving armatures too and posted a big "moving armature shootout". Oh, well... redface.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Just rename it "emotionally-moving armatures" wink.gif

 

That's a brilliant solution, just a few years too late. tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

I have a major exam in 8 hours. Someone please tell me to go study

 

I'll x you out from all loan-tour lists, if you don't. frown.gif

post #10690 of 21761
I decided to take a nap. It's now 2am and I haven't started yet.

James, you always know just how to motivate me.
post #10691 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Pray tell, where can I find such a thing?  I think I recall Grado's GR8 (which I have) and GR10 (which I want) being moving armatures.  I didn't know there might be others.  And since only one of your 4 is truly a moving armature, I'm curious as to know whether one of the Grados might be lying.

 

Grado GR8, GR10 and Ortofon e-Q5, e-Q7 are all real moving armatures. My shootout back then was between the e-Q7 and three Final Audios. The FADs (FI-BA-A1, FI-BA-SB, FI-BA-SS) had just hit the market and there was next to no info about them. I had never heard single BAs with such impressive bass texture before, plus they sounded closer to the e-Q7 than to anything else I owned. So I jumped to the (wrong) conclusion that they had to be moving armatures too and posted a big "moving armature shootout". Oh, well... redface.gif

 

biggrin.gif  Well, I guess it will forever be a testament to the low end prowess of the Final Audios?  Gotta say though, very relieved to hear that I wasn't faked out with the GR8.  smile.gif  On a side note, have you ever had a chance to hear Fischer's SBA-01?  Unamped, it is thin, tinny and entirely unappealing.  But amped, the bass has got to be heard to be believed.  Quite a transformation I must say.

post #10692 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicubic_interpolation, but that's an explanation that even I don't care for... basically, it's a resizing option in Photoshop (and probably GIMP or other stuff) that is better than nearest-neighbor or anything else.

Owh. Well that's fine then.


@DF, Fate in humanity restored. That's uncommon to have honest people now (I'm not one of the uncommon, tbh ._. ) and that's sad (including for myself).
Edited by jgray91 - 4/27/13 at 1:21am
post #10693 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Fate in humanity restored.

 

Awesome!  Not sure what it means, but it sounds cool!  smile.gif

post #10694 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@DF, Fate in humanity restored.

Awesome!  Not sure what it means, but it sounds cool!  smile.gif

now fix'd
post #10695 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@DF, Fate in humanity restored.

Awesome!  Not sure what it means, but it sounds cool!  smile.gif

now fix'd

 

Umm, okay... I think you meant faith, or is there an inside joke I'm missing?  wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2