or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 702  

post #10516 of 21760
Okay, was just talking about this with someone else, what is the greatest concert you've ever attended?

Mine is the Monsters of Rock tour, w/ the Scorpions, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Faith No More, and Megadeth.
post #10517 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Are you fine with 14 year olds?

Because I have a cousin who....

 

Does she happen to look like tiffany? 

post #10518 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
Yuck, I'm so not going there. Not even with a million foot long pole

Yeah, I guess they wouldn't be so adept at cooking. That'd be a turn-off for me as well.


Extremely off-colour humor that isn't very humorous aside, would anyone happen to know a DAP with a nice form factor, sleek and non-purist-DAP chunky, either onboard storage or accepting 64GB+ (would prefer a lot more personally) via microSD (have also been thinking of SD to microSD adapter and tucking the puny connector into some sort of case), J3-worthy battery life, a non-horrible UI (benchmark for usability would be somewhere between the Classic, Clip Zip, and J3), and radio (important for personal reasons)? 

 

Or is that too much to ask?

 

I love the size, form, playback ability, feature sets, and overall mentality of the Clip Zip but 64GB of storage is almost playlist-esque in a way (however enjoyable that might actually be). I'd love a change in paradigm and have some sort of portable archival device.

post #10519 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Okay, was just talking about this with someone else, what is the greatest concert you've ever attended?

Mine is the Monsters of Rock tour, w/ the Scorpions, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Faith No More, and Megadeth.

SMZ and a GY!BE show. Ling Tosite Sigure and Zazen Boys gig a couple of summers ago was really bombastic as well. Sucker for math rock live. Would love to see Boris or a couple of drone bands live.

 

Are we talking great as in "Show-y grandesque great" or "involving and thoroughly enjoyable great?". Because to me there's a difference in terms of vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

Does she happen to look like tiffany? 

Some of my family line looks like Fany. No joke. Smile, facial structure....

Of course not as sparkly...

post #10520 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post



Extremely off-colour humor that isn't very humorous aside, would anyone happen to know a DAP with a nice form factor, sleek and non-purist-DAP chunky, either onboard storage or accepting 64GB+ (would prefer a lot more personally) via microSD (have also been thinking of SD to microSD adapter and tucking the puny connector into some sort of case), J3-worthy battery life, a non-horrible UI (benchmark for usability would be somewhere between the Classic, Clip Zip, and J3), and radio (important for personal reasons)? 

 

Or is that too much to ask?

 

I love the size, form, playback ability, feature sets, and overall mentality of the Clip Zip but 64GB of storage is almost playlist-esque in a way (however enjoyable that might actually be). I'd love a change in paradigm and have some sort of portable archival device.

HERE you go, thats my review on the Studio V. The UI sucks but everything else is pretty good on it

post #10521 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Okay, was just talking about this with someone else, what is the greatest concert you've ever attended?

Mine is the Monsters of Rock tour, w/ the Scorpions, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Faith No More, and Megadeth.

 

Muse on St. Patrick's Day on the Resistance tour.

 

On the pure geek-out scale, I got to see Metallica when I was 11 or 12 and probably lost about 500Hz off the top-end of my hearing.  At that time I could play just about every guitar part (excluding some of the solos).  

post #10522 of 21760
You got to see Zazen Boys TwinQY? So jelly... Was that when they were recording 4 up at Tarbox Studios? Heard they played a few shows up by Jersey or something
post #10523 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

HERE you go, thats my review on the Studio V. The UI sucks but everything else is pretty good on it

I've heard plenty a horror stories on the UI and load times.

But that glorious 50h+ battery life....although anodized metal feels awkward to the touch for me...sorta why I skimped out on a J3 when I did have the chance.

 

I never knew about that blog though. Cool beans.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

You got to see Zazen Boys TwinQY? So jelly... Was that when they were recording 4 up at Tarbox Studios? Heard they played a few shows up by Jersey or something

This was during Taico Club a few years ago, in Nagano. So right after, when they went all techno on us. I REALLY want to see them play Stories live.

post #10524 of 21760

I absolutely adore Paris... perhaps, all of France... perhaps, all things French. wink.gif

post #10525 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

Okay, was just talking about this with someone else, what is the greatest concert you've ever attended?

Mine is the Monsters of Rock tour, w/ the Scorpions, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Faith No More, and Megadeth.


I've been moshing for nearly 3 decades to remember them all.

 

The most intense was a Megadeth concert back in the late 80's. I nearly got arrested for climbing a chain link fence erected along the side of the stage. Security grabbed me when I finally came down and Mustaine actually stopped playing and told security to get their Fing hands off of me. From there I was let on stage where Mustaine gave me his guitar pick and told me I should be more careful so as not to hurt myself. I was then led back into the audience by him and a couple of stage hands through the barricades while the crowd applauded and went nuts over how cool Mustaine was treating my tom foolery.

 

The best showmanship wise the Motley Crue Carnival Of Sin tour. I never saw so many aging rockers like myself all in one place. The Crue always were known for going all out on their stage shows but the Carnival Of Sin tour took the cake.

 

The one I remember the most fondly though was Iron Maidens Somewhere In Time Tour not to be confused with the Somewhere Back In Time tour which I also attended. That was a crazy night, I walked out of the arena black and blue with two scraped knees, a shredded Black Sabbath t-shirt and broken glasses. A mosh pit broke out around me and I went down a couple of times. On the plus side, I fought my way all the way up to the barricades and somehow was able to keep myself from getting crushed by the rabid insanity behind me. Did I forget to mention all the ice cold beers I swilled down after the concert helped numb the pain for the night. After the concert me and my friends went to one of my buddies parents place, who happened to be away for the week at the lake, and partied away until 5 am. When I finally got home I thought my poor worried parents were going to kill me lol.

 

 

Throw up the metal salute with pride brother

post #10526 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I absolutely adore Paris... perhaps, all of France... perhaps, all things French. wink.gif


I take you're part french :-).

post #10527 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


I've been moshing for nearly 3 decades to remember them all.

 

The most intense was a Megadeth concert back in the late 80's. I nearly got arrested for climbing a chain link fence erected along the side of the stage. Security grabbed me when I finally came down and Mustaine actually stopped playing and told security to get their Fing hands off of me. From there I was let on stage where Mustaine gave me his guitar pick and told me I should be more careful so as not to hurt myself. I was then led back into the audience by him and a couple of stage hands through the barricades while the crowd applauded and went nuts over how cool Mustaine was treating my tom foolery.

 

The best showmanship wise the Motley Crue Carnival Of Sin tour. I never saw so many aging rockers like myself all in one place. The Crue always were known for going all out on their stage shows but the Carnival Of Sin tour took the cake.

 

The one I remember the most fondly though was Iron Maidens Somewhere In Time Tour not to be confused with the Somewhere Back In Time tour which I also attended. That was a crazy night, I walked out of the arena black and blue with two scraped knees, a shredded Black Sabbath t-shirt and broken glasses. A mosh pit broke out around me and I went down a couple of times. On the plus side, I fought my way all the way up to the barricades and somehow was able to keep myself from getting crushed by the rabid insanity behind me. Did I forget to mention all the ice cold beers I swilled down after the concert helped numb the pain for the night. After the concert me and my friends went to one of my buddies parents place, who happened to be away for the week at the lake, and partied away until 5 am. When I finally got home I thought my poor worried parents were going to kill me lol.

 

 

Throw up the metal salute with pride brother


Ozzy is like one of my all times favs. I have all his albums ;).

post #10528 of 21760
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
...

[INSERT GREATEST WAR STORIES I'VE READ ON H-F TO DATE]

Throw up the metal salute with pride brother

Greatest war stories I've read on H-F to date.

 

It also seems to mesh well with the image I have of you after seeing that video for the Winnipeg mini-meet :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I absolutely adore Paris... perhaps, all of France... perhaps, all things French. wink.gif

But the language...Not on par with croissants. 

post #10529 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I've heard plenty a horror stories on the UI and load times.
But that glorious 50h+ battery life....although anodized metal feels awkward to the touch for me...sorta why I skimped out on a J3 when I did have the chance.

I never knew about that blog though. Cool beans.

This was during Taico Club a few years ago, in Nagano. So right after, when they went all techno on us. I REALLY want to see them play Stories live.

Ah, very nice. Stories is very similar to 4 I feel. Perhaps with a dash of Himitsu Girl's Top Secret EP to it, so I don't think you're missing too much (although Doronuma live would probably be just ****) I'd love to see them perform some of their stuff off of 2, like Roppon no Kurutta Hagane no Shindou or Aminbou or hell, the crazy meandering Kaisen Zenya off of 1 complete with crazy ad libbed stuff from Casio-man

I'm still pissed I never got to see Number Girl at SXSW before they dissolved.
post #10530 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

Ah, very nice. Stories is very similar to 4 I feel. Perhaps with a dash of Himitsu Girl's Top Secret EP to it, so I don't think you're missing too much (although Doronuma live would probably be just ****) I'd love to see them perform some of their stuff off of 2, like Roppon no Kurutta Hagane no Shindou or Aminbou or hell, the crazy meandering Kaisen Zenya off of 1 complete with crazy ad libbed stuff from Casio-man

I'm still pissed I never got to see Number Girl at SXSW before they dissolved.

I liked the regression (in this case a good thing) back into their old style of erratic wordplay mixed with more of that newer acoustic (yes, more electronic instruments, but the sound itself...) sound. For the most part though I think 2 would just be the ultimate album for me live cause of the classic sets, as I can only listen to Maboroshi in my Blood so many times until it just sounds like Frustration in my Blood.

 

Now what I REALLY want to do is go in on a studio set of them live for the At the Matsuri Studio jams.

 

I'm still too young to even fathom Number Girls live :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2