- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/16/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/16/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Headphones (Opinions Needed) Last post on 12/23/12 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's Your Recommendation? Last post on 8/5/12 at 2:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
I need to upgrade!post #1 of 69/11/12 at 6:57amThread StarterRight now I have Beat Solo Hd's. The quality on them is not what I want and I am not even sure where to start looking for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for something under $200 that is significantly better than my beats. I listen hip hop, psychedelic rock (pink Floyd and Beatle stuff), music along those genres. Any specific recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/11/12 at 6:59ampost #3 of 69/11/12 at 7:08ampost #4 of 69/11/12 at 7:09ampost #5 of 69/11/12 at 7:14am
i have both versions 32 ohm and 250 ohm, they're very close in loudness out of my laptop and iphone 4s and galaxy s3, but the overall sound quality goes for the 250 version. and when he get them an amp even fiio e11 they will shine more than the 32 ohm version.post #6 of 69/11/12 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Chris419
Right now I have Beat Solo Hd's. The quality on them is not what I want and I am not even sure where to start looking for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for something under $200 that is significantly better than my beats. I listen hip hop, psychedelic rock (pink Floyd and Beatle stuff), music along those genres. Any specific recommendations?
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH750 DJ
Add a Fiio E6 and set EQ/bass to 2.
If budget can handle, step up to Fiio E11 for same thing but much better.
- I need to upgrade!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › USB DAC with XLR 1 minute ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...