- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/16/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/16/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Headphones (Opinions Needed) Last post on 12/23/12 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's Your Recommendation? Last post on 8/5/12 at 2:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
I need to upgrade!post #1 of 69/11/12 at 6:57amThread StarterRight now I have Beat Solo Hd's. The quality on them is not what I want and I am not even sure where to start looking for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for something under $200 that is significantly better than my beats. I listen hip hop, psychedelic rock (pink Floyd and Beatle stuff), music along those genres. Any specific recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/11/12 at 6:59ampost #3 of 69/11/12 at 7:08ampost #4 of 69/11/12 at 7:09ampost #5 of 69/11/12 at 7:14am
i have both versions 32 ohm and 250 ohm, they're very close in loudness out of my laptop and iphone 4s and galaxy s3, but the overall sound quality goes for the 250 version. and when he get them an amp even fiio e11 they will shine more than the 32 ohm version.post #6 of 69/11/12 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Chris419
Right now I have Beat Solo Hd's. The quality on them is not what I want and I am not even sure where to start looking for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for something under $200 that is significantly better than my beats. I listen hip hop, psychedelic rock (pink Floyd and Beatle stuff), music along those genres. Any specific recommendations?
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH750 DJ
Add a Fiio E6 and set EQ/bass to 2.
If budget can handle, step up to Fiio E11 for same thing but much better.
- I need to upgrade!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hidizs AP60 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 47 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › I'm riding this audio wave, but now I can see the sharks. 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...