- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/16/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 9/16/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/12
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/16/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Headphones (Opinions Needed) Last post on 12/23/12 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- 150~ Headphones, well balanced, slight emphasis on bass Last post on 9/11/12 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's Your Recommendation? Last post on 8/5/12 at 2:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I need to upgrade!post #1 of 69/11/12 at 6:57amThread StarterRight now I have Beat Solo Hd's. The quality on them is not what I want and I am not even sure where to start looking for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for something under $200 that is significantly better than my beats. I listen hip hop, psychedelic rock (pink Floyd and Beatle stuff), music along those genres. Any specific recommendations?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/11/12 at 6:59ampost #3 of 69/11/12 at 7:08ampost #4 of 69/11/12 at 7:09ampost #5 of 69/11/12 at 7:14am
i have both versions 32 ohm and 250 ohm, they're very close in loudness out of my laptop and iphone 4s and galaxy s3, but the overall sound quality goes for the 250 version. and when he get them an amp even fiio e11 they will shine more than the 32 ohm version.post #6 of 69/11/12 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Chris419
Right now I have Beat Solo Hd's. The quality on them is not what I want and I am not even sure where to start looking for a new pair of headphones. I am looking for something under $200 that is significantly better than my beats. I listen hip hop, psychedelic rock (pink Floyd and Beatle stuff), music along those genres. Any specific recommendations?
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH750 DJ
Add a Fiio E6 and set EQ/bass to 2.
If budget can handle, step up to Fiio E11 for same thing but much better.
- I need to upgrade!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 24 seconds ago
- › A40 vs "custom" 33 seconds ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 45 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 53 seconds ago
- › DT880 PRO pad experiment, Velour vs Softskin. 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 3 minutes ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 3 minutes ago
- › How do I find the right headphones for my preferences? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)