Hi, is it advisable to reshell my UM3X? Or is it redundant? Im also wondering if amping would help
Related Forum Threads
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combined portable amp and dac: Anything better than E17? Last post on 10/6/12 at 5:03pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice needed for portable DAC + Amps Last post on 9/22/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- UM3X + E11? Last post on 10/3/11 at 2:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Reshelling will be good If you're unhappy with the fit of your IEMs or you're looking to add drivers to it. If you're happy with the fit and sound of your IEMs then it might be a little redundant as there are other variables to look at both before and after reshelling ( such as refitting, the time without your iems, shipping, impressions etc)
Amping might give your IEMs the power that it may need to help it shine, and the correct amp with your preferred signature paired together with your IEMs will almost certainly give you better sound. Amping wise it'll be best if you try it out for yourself with the various ones available out in the market
Edited by Leynar - 9/11/12 at 6:23am
I don't have extensive experience with the UM3x but generally in the 200 or less category the FiiOs are in high regard along side JDS labs and a few others.
Perhaps someone else can help you. You can also try asking for help in the portable amps / desktop amp section, whichever you're looking for (i'm guessing portable!)
- Reshell IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for portable on-ear headphones with great character... 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)