Hi, is it advisable to reshell my UM3X? Or is it redundant? Im also wondering if amping would help
Related Forum Threads
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combined portable amp and dac: Anything better than E17? Last post on 10/6/12 at 5:03pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice needed for portable DAC + Amps Last post on 9/22/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- UM3X + E11? Last post on 10/3/11 at 2:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Reshelling will be good If you're unhappy with the fit of your IEMs or you're looking to add drivers to it. If you're happy with the fit and sound of your IEMs then it might be a little redundant as there are other variables to look at both before and after reshelling ( such as refitting, the time without your iems, shipping, impressions etc)
Amping might give your IEMs the power that it may need to help it shine, and the correct amp with your preferred signature paired together with your IEMs will almost certainly give you better sound. Amping wise it'll be best if you try it out for yourself with the various ones available out in the market
Edited by Leynar - 9/11/12 at 6:23am
I don't have extensive experience with the UM3x but generally in the 200 or less category the FiiOs are in high regard along side JDS labs and a few others.
Perhaps someone else can help you. You can also try asking for help in the portable amps / desktop amp section, whichever you're looking for (i'm guessing portable!)
- Reshell IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 2 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CAS192D DAC Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Lightly Used - Mint Condition 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 4 minutes ago
- › Classical only ... Akg 712 / Shure 1840 / HD 600&650 ? 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)