Hi, is it advisable to reshell my UM3X? Or is it redundant? Im also wondering if amping would help
Related Forum Threads
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combined portable amp and dac: Anything better than E17? Last post on 10/6/12 at 5:03pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice needed for portable DAC + Amps Last post on 9/22/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- UM3X + E11? Last post on 10/3/11 at 2:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Reshelling will be good If you're unhappy with the fit of your IEMs or you're looking to add drivers to it. If you're happy with the fit and sound of your IEMs then it might be a little redundant as there are other variables to look at both before and after reshelling ( such as refitting, the time without your iems, shipping, impressions etc)
Amping might give your IEMs the power that it may need to help it shine, and the correct amp with your preferred signature paired together with your IEMs will almost certainly give you better sound. Amping wise it'll be best if you try it out for yourself with the various ones available out in the market
Edited by Leynar - 9/11/12 at 6:23am
I don't have extensive experience with the UM3x but generally in the 200 or less category the FiiOs are in high regard along side JDS labs and a few others.
Perhaps someone else can help you. You can also try asking for help in the portable amps / desktop amp section, whichever you're looking for (i'm guessing portable!)
- Reshell IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 11 seconds ago
- › Parasound Z-CD compact cd player 15 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trying to find some nice crisp/clear/crystal clear heahphones 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › AGK K550 Problem 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Emmaline P-51 "Mustang" 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3