Hi, is it advisable to reshell my UM3X? Or is it redundant? Im also wondering if amping would help
Related Forum Threads
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Combined portable amp and dac: Anything better than E17? Last post on 10/6/12 at 5:03pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice needed for portable DAC + Amps Last post on 9/22/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
- UM3X + E11? Last post on 10/3/11 at 2:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Reshelling will be good If you're unhappy with the fit of your IEMs or you're looking to add drivers to it. If you're happy with the fit and sound of your IEMs then it might be a little redundant as there are other variables to look at both before and after reshelling ( such as refitting, the time without your iems, shipping, impressions etc)
Amping might give your IEMs the power that it may need to help it shine, and the correct amp with your preferred signature paired together with your IEMs will almost certainly give you better sound. Amping wise it'll be best if you try it out for yourself with the various ones available out in the market
Edited by Leynar - 9/11/12 at 6:23am
I don't have extensive experience with the UM3x but generally in the 200 or less category the FiiOs are in high regard along side JDS labs and a few others.
Perhaps someone else can help you. You can also try asking for help in the portable amps / desktop amp section, whichever you're looking for (i'm guessing portable!)
- Reshell IEM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 7 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 7 minutes ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 9 minutes ago
- › questions about if i should upgrade or not 9 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)