- 1,203 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Plz recommend!!!! Which Grado is fit to me????? Last post on 10/10/12 at 12:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- International Shipping professional help needed Last post on 7/8/12 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Edition is killed? Last post on 10/24/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702post #1 of 129/10/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterI'm thinking of getting a Q701 but the rubber band or elastic string that connects the driver housing to the headband looks very flimsy. Do long term owners of these have any problems with the rubber bands? Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/12 at 12:18am
I have used my K701s for a few years now with 5000+ hours on them and they're quite loose, to the point that the phones hang onto my ears which seems to be changing the sound a little bit.post #3 of 129/11/12 at 12:20ampost #4 of 129/11/12 at 12:57amThread Starterpost #5 of 129/11/12 at 2:15ampost #6 of 121/10/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
My K701's were produced in 2008 and rubber bands are pretty stretched out. Basically, they're stretched out to the point where the headphones perfectly fit a regular sized head. The rubbers wont contract from that point, which is good, because the headband is going being fulled down, it just sits on top of the head.post #7 of 121/12/13 at 3:00pm
I have replaced elastic bands on used K240s and K280s. Here's an email response from AKG in 2011 when I inquired about the part number.
- zumaIf you would like to place an order, please provide the following information via fax or phone, and I can process the order for you.
2040M03030 $1.98 ea
Code:post #8 of 123/3/13 at 8:59pmpost #9 of 123/4/13 at 12:41ampost #10 of 123/4/13 at 2:19amQuote:
The post is referencing the elastic bands that provide the tension to the band that crosses the top of your head. There's two on each side.post #11 of 123/4/13 at 10:30ampost #12 of 124/5/13 at 11:36pm
Yeah, the elastic bands are the definite weak point of the K701 design. I took mine off recently and have been happy. If you're the only one using the headphones then there's really no reason to keep them on.
- Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Could noise canceling headphones cause hearing damage? 1 minute ago
- › Which feature do you most want to see from Rockbox in our X series... 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2