- 884 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing the lead on AKG K701 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- K701 vs K702 vs Q701: which one, considering recabling among other things? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- K701+STX? -I- thinks it's just WRONG. Last post on 6/1/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702post #1 of 129/10/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterI'm thinking of getting a Q701 but the rubber band or elastic string that connects the driver housing to the headband looks very flimsy. Do long term owners of these have any problems with the rubber bands? Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/12 at 12:18am
I have used my K701s for a few years now with 5000+ hours on them and they're quite loose, to the point that the phones hang onto my ears which seems to be changing the sound a little bit.post #3 of 129/11/12 at 12:20ampost #4 of 129/11/12 at 12:57amThread Starterpost #5 of 129/11/12 at 2:15ampost #6 of 121/10/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
My K701's were produced in 2008 and rubber bands are pretty stretched out. Basically, they're stretched out to the point where the headphones perfectly fit a regular sized head. The rubbers wont contract from that point, which is good, because the headband is going being fulled down, it just sits on top of the head.post #7 of 121/12/13 at 3:00pm
I have replaced elastic bands on used K240s and K280s. Here's an email response from AKG in 2011 when I inquired about the part number.
- zumaIf you would like to place an order, please provide the following information via fax or phone, and I can process the order for you.
2040M03030 $1.98 ea
Code:post #8 of 123/3/13 at 8:59pmpost #9 of 123/4/13 at 12:41ampost #10 of 123/4/13 at 2:19amQuote:
The post is referencing the elastic bands that provide the tension to the band that crosses the top of your head. There's two on each side.post #11 of 123/4/13 at 10:30ampost #12 of 124/5/13 at 11:36pm
Yeah, the elastic bands are the definite weak point of the K701 design. I took mine off recently and have been happy. If you're the only one using the headphones then there's really no reason to keep them on.
- Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 4 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)