- 930 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing the lead on AKG K701 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- K701 vs K702 vs Q701: which one, considering recabling among other things? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- K701+STX? -I- thinks it's just WRONG. Last post on 6/1/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702post #1 of 129/10/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterI'm thinking of getting a Q701 but the rubber band or elastic string that connects the driver housing to the headband looks very flimsy. Do long term owners of these have any problems with the rubber bands? Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/12 at 12:18am
I have used my K701s for a few years now with 5000+ hours on them and they're quite loose, to the point that the phones hang onto my ears which seems to be changing the sound a little bit.post #3 of 129/11/12 at 12:20ampost #4 of 129/11/12 at 12:57amThread Starterpost #5 of 129/11/12 at 2:15ampost #6 of 121/10/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
My K701's were produced in 2008 and rubber bands are pretty stretched out. Basically, they're stretched out to the point where the headphones perfectly fit a regular sized head. The rubbers wont contract from that point, which is good, because the headband is going being fulled down, it just sits on top of the head.post #7 of 121/12/13 at 3:00pm
I have replaced elastic bands on used K240s and K280s. Here's an email response from AKG in 2011 when I inquired about the part number.
- zumaIf you would like to place an order, please provide the following information via fax or phone, and I can process the order for you.
2040M03030 $1.98 ea
Code:post #8 of 123/3/13 at 8:59pmpost #9 of 123/4/13 at 12:41ampost #10 of 123/4/13 at 2:19amQuote:
The post is referencing the elastic bands that provide the tension to the band that crosses the top of your head. There's two on each side.post #11 of 123/4/13 at 10:30ampost #12 of 124/5/13 at 11:36pm
Yeah, the elastic bands are the definite weak point of the K701 design. I took mine off recently and have been happy. If you're the only one using the headphones then there's really no reason to keep them on.
- Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Burson Conductor SL build quality issues (1793) 29 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition Review by mark2410 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 8 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets 10 minutes ago
- › Looking to get the Grado SR80e and FiiO E10K, got any suggestions. 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)