- 1,897 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Plz recommend!!!! Which Grado is fit to me????? Last post on 10/10/12 at 12:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG k702 VS Sennheiser HD650: which would work better for my taste? Last post on 7/1/13 at 2:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- International Shipping professional help needed Last post on 7/8/12 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Edition is killed? Last post on 10/24/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702post #1 of 129/10/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterI'm thinking of getting a Q701 but the rubber band or elastic string that connects the driver housing to the headband looks very flimsy. Do long term owners of these have any problems with the rubber bands? Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/12 at 12:18am
I have used my K701s for a few years now with 5000+ hours on them and they're quite loose, to the point that the phones hang onto my ears which seems to be changing the sound a little bit.post #3 of 129/11/12 at 12:20ampost #4 of 129/11/12 at 12:57amThread Starterpost #5 of 129/11/12 at 2:15ampost #6 of 121/10/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
My K701's were produced in 2008 and rubber bands are pretty stretched out. Basically, they're stretched out to the point where the headphones perfectly fit a regular sized head. The rubbers wont contract from that point, which is good, because the headband is going being fulled down, it just sits on top of the head.post #7 of 121/12/13 at 3:00pm
I have replaced elastic bands on used K240s and K280s. Here's an email response from AKG in 2011 when I inquired about the part number.
- zumaIf you would like to place an order, please provide the following information via fax or phone, and I can process the order for you.
2040M03030 $1.98 ea
Code:post #8 of 123/3/13 at 8:59pmpost #9 of 123/4/13 at 12:41ampost #10 of 123/4/13 at 2:19amQuote:
The post is referencing the elastic bands that provide the tension to the band that crosses the top of your head. There's two on each side.post #11 of 123/4/13 at 10:30ampost #12 of 124/5/13 at 11:36pm
Yeah, the elastic bands are the definite weak point of the K701 design. I took mine off recently and have been happy. If you're the only one using the headphones then there's really no reason to keep them on.
- Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pros and Cons of FLAC (problems seeking) 4 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 48 seconds ago
- › New member 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear