- 745 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K340 Electrostatic-Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 601 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- What are the "official" amps for the q701/k702/k701? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list Last post on 2/20/14 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing the lead on AKG K701 Last post on 8/31/11 at 6:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- K701 vs K702 vs Q701: which one, considering recabling among other things? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- K701+STX? -I- thinks it's just WRONG. Last post on 6/1/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702post #1 of 129/10/12 at 11:53pmThread StarterI'm thinking of getting a Q701 but the rubber band or elastic string that connects the driver housing to the headband looks very flimsy. Do long term owners of these have any problems with the rubber bands? Thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/11/12 at 12:18am
I have used my K701s for a few years now with 5000+ hours on them and they're quite loose, to the point that the phones hang onto my ears which seems to be changing the sound a little bit.post #3 of 129/11/12 at 12:20ampost #4 of 129/11/12 at 12:57amThread Starterpost #5 of 129/11/12 at 2:15ampost #6 of 121/10/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
My K701's were produced in 2008 and rubber bands are pretty stretched out. Basically, they're stretched out to the point where the headphones perfectly fit a regular sized head. The rubbers wont contract from that point, which is good, because the headband is going being fulled down, it just sits on top of the head.post #7 of 121/12/13 at 3:00pm
I have replaced elastic bands on used K240s and K280s. Here's an email response from AKG in 2011 when I inquired about the part number.
- zumaIf you would like to place an order, please provide the following information via fax or phone, and I can process the order for you.
2040M03030 $1.98 ea
Code:post #8 of 123/3/13 at 8:59pmpost #9 of 123/4/13 at 12:41ampost #10 of 123/4/13 at 2:19amQuote:
The post is referencing the elastic bands that provide the tension to the band that crosses the top of your head. There's two on each side.post #11 of 123/4/13 at 10:30ampost #12 of 124/5/13 at 11:36pm
Yeah, the elastic bands are the definite weak point of the K701 design. I took mine off recently and have been happy. If you're the only one using the headphones then there's really no reason to keep them on.
- Rubber band on AKG Q701, K701/702
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 1 minute ago
- › First post and looking for advice 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition less than 50 hours used MINT 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › A question may be only people who work at tube amplifier headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › A5+ Setup Quirks 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 vs Audio Technica ATH-A900X 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)