Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › AMP for Signature Pros?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMP for Signature Pros?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hey there folks! The title says it all!

I have been looking around for a week or so for a good set of headphones to use while studying at university... I landed on Ultrasone's Signature Pros. Anyways, I was searching around to figure out what sort of amp would be good for them, but it doesnt really seem like there is a whole lot of information on it. I don't really know too much about amps so I'm not sure what one to buy.
1. I understand that the sig pros won't have the best sound in the world, but would getting a high end amp show many pitfalls in the headphones?
2. Will any and all amps increase the SQ or would the less expensive models be - for lack of a better word - useless?
3. What would be a portable amp that would give the best sound/quality ratio in terms of the sig pros/overall?

Thanks for your responses in advance, this is my first post on the website; it seems like a pretty awesome place, I have always loved good sounding headphones and am hoping to gain a better appreciation for music through them!

post #2 of 18
Thread Starter 
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
post #3 of 18
Hey app.,

Just to clarify on your #1 about sound quality and to confirm that you are talking about the Signature Pros that cost $1299?

Cheers!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Hey app.,
Just to clarify on your #1 about sound quality and to confirm that you are talking about the Signature Pros that cost $1299?
Cheers!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir!
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #6 of 18

what are you using as a source?

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

what are you using as a source?

Right now ill be using an iphone 4 as the source, however, i plan on getting an mp3 player in the future.. Probably whatever the successor of the cowon j3 is.
Ill also be using my laptop.
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Anyone?
post #9 of 18

RSA SR-71B?

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeHear View Post

RSA SR-71B?

Thanks for the response!
What makes you say that one?
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appl314 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeHear View Post

RSA SR-71B?

Thanks for the response!
What makes you say that one?


Sounds good with everything I've tried, drives high impedance 'phones with aplomb, Ray gives great customer service.

post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeHear View Post


Sounds good with everything I've tried, drives high impedance 'phones with aplomb, Ray gives great customer service.

Sweet, thank you very much for the response.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 

OK! The headphones came in and they sound like dirt connected to my iphone compared to on my soundcard... can anyone else provide insight in to the correct amp for me to get? 
 

post #14 of 18

ttvj slim matches well with the sigpro because i find the sigpro somewhat bright and harsh on some poorly recorded songs for my taste

 

although you can just buy a cowon and set the eq preset to bbe viva and be glad with it =)

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

ttvj slim matches well with the sigpro because i find the sigpro somewhat bright and harsh on some poorly recorded songs for my taste

 

although you can just buy a cowon and set the eq preset to bbe viva and be glad with it =)


Hey man, thanks for the response!
In terms of Cowon, what would be a good one to go with? I was looking around for a j3 but it doesnt seem that there are any new/used on the market anymore

Edit: And in terms of the slim. When you say its good because the phones are bright - does it help by mellowing it?


Edited by Appl314 - 9/19/12 at 6:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › AMP for Signature Pros?