Tri flange usually gives me the best result. They go deep and cancels out any issues with different sound due to "optimal" placement in ear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productComply T-400 Series Foam Tips (Black, 3 Pairs, Small)tagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM under $20? Last post on 6/17/13 at 9:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- T-400 Eartips VS Bluecell Foam tips? Last post on 2/19/15 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Best IEM tips? - Page 6
Poll Results: Best IEM tips?
272 Total Votespost #76 of 2514/17/13 at 9:20pmpost #77 of 2516/4/13 at 5:43pm
26% (73)shure olives
22% (61)sony hybrids
5% (14)ety triflange
2% (7)monster triflange
4% (11)meelec tips
3% (10)klipsch gel tips
Comply tips, Stars tips, True-Fit, Phonak...and so on! W4 is realy Tips Dependant IEM!!
The DIY option:
The SMO (Sony Hybrid mod) work fine for me and other Headfiers here but... have find another similar alternative that shake my head a bit more! Maybe you'l love it either!
I call this Code: PA747A Mod.
I dont want to detailed here all the SMO procedures, almost Headfiers here knows already!
Simple, all you need is 2 things.
* The plastic coreTube, from any old, or unused foamy tips, or silicone stem from any other tips will be fine.
** And finally, a pair of "SHURE PA749A Soft Flex Sleeves" (for E2 and Quiet Spot) (There coming from my old deceded E2c) Sony Hybrid sleeve [M] is to small & thin (IMO) It's so why am using now the Shure Mod!
Keep me informed about your A/B opinions, the sound test you did with! If someone need some work prodedures picts letmeknow, but, I think it will needless!!
EAGLES - Hotel California live ( Hell Freezes Over album) AWESOME! Tips of the triks! *
Before inserted your final work, coat lightly the noozle with some... your personal favorite grease... from your fronthead, nose or any kind of body grease. You can either use "Oto-Ease" if your out of sebum! ** Open you mouth a bit before inserted in your canal will help!
Edited by Skullbox - 6/7/13 at 12:23pmpost #78 of 2516/7/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
Taking part of triple flange silicone stem work fine to, Easier job than decoring foamy tips! My favorite is now the new Star tips from Westone, Sony hybrid and Shure PA749 mod tips!post #79 of 2516/7/13 at 2:45pmpost #80 of 2517/25/13 at 6:17ampost #81 of 2517/25/13 at 7:12ampost #82 of 2517/25/13 at 2:45pmpost #83 of 2517/25/13 at 3:20pmQuote:
? you mean Audeo Phonak tips? Auvio from RS dont know this one! No more RS stores in my country anyways!
Edited by Skullbox - 7/25/13 at 3:28pmpost #84 of 2517/28/13 at 3:03amQuote:
No, I definitely mean Auvio from Radio Shack - this is the way it's spelled on the packaging.post #85 of 2517/28/13 at 6:21amQuote:Originally Posted by holden4th
No, I definitely mean Auvio from Radio Shack - this is the way it's spelled on the packaging.
Thanks! These look good! No RS store in here! But, have find a Sony store that carry these earbuds. That will fit my W4 (mod)post #86 of 2517/28/13 at 7:56ampost #87 of 2517/28/13 at 8:45ampost #88 of 2517/28/13 at 10:07ampost #89 of 2517/30/13 at 3:49pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM tips?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 19 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 7 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 8 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 9 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 9 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear