Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Good IEM's for around $100 - $150?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good IEM's for around $100 - $150?

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 

I have quite a few headphones, such as the Sennheiser HD598's, but unfortunately, those headphones are not meant to be worn around. I am not interested in buying and carrying around a pair of close eared headphones, so I want to buy a pair of IEM's for around $100 - $150. Can I get a few recommendations, please?


Edited by JD1993 - 9/13/12 at 12:03pm
post #2 of 33
With Senns in the house...

You may appreciate the Etymotic HF5.

If you want, you can also further tune them with the NRB Mod.

Cheers, and best of luck with your quest.

Jim
post #3 of 33

Try the Grado igi. If you can extend your budget to about $170 get the ultimate ears triple fi 10. They will outperform many headphones upto $400. 

post #4 of 33

what you like to hear?

difficult to recommend anything without knowing your style

post #5 of 33
Thread Starter 

I listen to rock, electro (dubstep, house, etc), classical, piano. Pretty much everything except for jazz, country, rap/hiphop/r&b/and raggae.

 

 

Also, tyvm for everyone's recommendations!

post #6 of 33

Get the ultimate ears triple fi 10. Save up. Its hard to get a good all round earphone below 100 bucks! They all favor certain genres. If you absolutely have to have one cheap go with the Sennheiser CX300B. They are cheap (<50 bucks) and are decent all rounders.

post #7 of 33

go for shure lower end earphones, kicker micro fit, sennheiser cx200 ii, klipsch s4i the list is endless

 

IMMORTALMSUO

post #8 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberamji View Post

Get the ultimate ears triple fi 10. Save up. Its hard to get a good all round earphone below 100 bucks! They all favor certain genres. If you absolutely have to have one cheap go with the Sennheiser CX300B. They are cheap (<50 bucks) and are decent all rounders.

If I were to go up to sub $200, should I consider getting the Etymotics HC5's? What are some good sub $200 ones?

post #9 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1993 View Post

If I were to go up to sub $200, should I consider getting the Etymotics HC5's? What are some good sub $200 ones?

The Etymotic HF5 can be had for a hundred bucks.

I think it would be a good upgrade over the MC5.

Jim
post #10 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post


The Etymotic HF5 can be had for a hundred bucks.
I think it would be a good upgrade over the MC5.
Jim

The only problem that I have with all Etymotics is that I really don't like how deep in the ear they go. Is it so deep that I'll feel that I have to listen on low volumes considering how far in it is?

post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1993 View Post

The only problem that I have with all Etymotics is that I really don't like how deep in the ear they go. Is it so deep that I'll feel that I have to listen on low volumes considering how far in it is?

Depth of insertion has nothing to do with listening volumes.

But, It has everything to do with great isolation, elimination of the occlusion effect, and eliminates the torque exerted on your ear canal by heavy outer ear IEMs.

Just my thoughts, Jim
post #12 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post


Depth of insertion has nothing to do with listening volumes.
But, It has everything to do with great isolation, elimination of the occlusion effect, and eliminates the torque exerted on your ear canal by heavy outer ear IEMs.
Just my thoughts, Jim

So how is the comfort, then, on Etymotics?

post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1993 View Post

So how is the comfort, then, on Etymotics?

I will be the first to tell you that it is not for all people.

But, I go 8 plus hours with them teamed up with Comply Foam Tips.

If you buy them, or any IEM, just make sure you have a return policy to fall back on.

Good Luck with your search for IEM Heaven. It is out there!!!

Jim
post #14 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post


I will be the first to tell you that it is not for all people.
But, I go 8 plus hours with them teamed up with Comply Foam Tips.
If you buy them, or any IEM, just make sure you have a return policy to fall back on.
Good Luck with your search for IEM Heaven. It is out there!!!
Jim

I hope it's out there for ~$150. I'm also looking at the Klipsch s4i's. Have you tried those? If so, how is the sound and comfort? As long as the bass isn't completely overpowering the mids and the highs.

post #15 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1993 View Post

I hope it's out there for ~$150. I'm also looking at the Klipsch s4i's. Have you tried those? If so, how is the sound and comfort? As long as the bass isn't completely overpowering the mids and the highs.

I have not. Sorry.

 

Jim

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Good IEM's for around $100 - $150?