- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones around $200 Last post on 9/13/12 at 12:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing Full-sized headphones. Last post on 9/4/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing suggestions Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Beats solo HD vs Sennheiser HD 558post #1 of 29/10/12 at 3:32pmThread StarterI currently own a pair of Beats solo hd's. I am looking for a good upgrade around $200. I was thinking about the sennheiser hd558's. Any recommendations for an upgrade? I listen to hip hop, psychedelic rock, classic rock. I prefer a heavy bass with clear vocals.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/12 at 3:40pm
Tons of stuff under $200 that will blow beats away but it depends on the sound you want.
Hyped bass and treble:
Beyerdynamic dt 770,
(my favorites for smooth electronica like trance)
Hyped bass with neutrality elsewhere:
(my favorite for harsh screechy electronica like EBM)
(somewhere in the middle of these.. many sennheisers, not not all)
Detail/Clarity/Neutrality but bass is still present:
(my favorite sound all around)
Natural, resonating mids with "vintage" sounding bass rather than modern hi-fi subwoofer bass:
AKG 2XX for tamed treble,
Grado SR-XX for bright treble
(IMO amazing for pink floyd type stuff or guitar-centric music, but has trouble with electronica)
Edited by machoboy - 9/10/12 at 3:50pm
- Beats solo HD vs Sennheiser HD 558
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 35 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...