- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones around $200 Last post on 9/13/12 at 12:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing Full-sized headphones. Last post on 9/4/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing suggestions Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Rock Jaw is an audio hardware company based in Britain. Owing true to the legacy of their fore-bearers, Rock Jaw continues to engineer great audio hardware. The Alfa Genus V2 is no exception....
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
Beats solo HD vs Sennheiser HD 558post #1 of 29/10/12 at 3:32pmThread StarterI currently own a pair of Beats solo hd's. I am looking for a good upgrade around $200. I was thinking about the sennheiser hd558's. Any recommendations for an upgrade? I listen to hip hop, psychedelic rock, classic rock. I prefer a heavy bass with clear vocals.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/12 at 3:40pm
Tons of stuff under $200 that will blow beats away but it depends on the sound you want.
Hyped bass and treble:
Beyerdynamic dt 770,
(my favorites for smooth electronica like trance)
Hyped bass with neutrality elsewhere:
(my favorite for harsh screechy electronica like EBM)
(somewhere in the middle of these.. many sennheisers, not not all)
Detail/Clarity/Neutrality but bass is still present:
(my favorite sound all around)
Natural, resonating mids with "vintage" sounding bass rather than modern hi-fi subwoofer bass:
AKG 2XX for tamed treble,
Grado SR-XX for bright treble
(IMO amazing for pink floyd type stuff or guitar-centric music, but has trouble with electronica)
Edited by machoboy - 9/10/12 at 3:50pm
- Beats solo HD vs Sennheiser HD 558
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Impedance Adapters/Cables | Explained & Listed 22 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › I need some help with deciding on Hifiman RE-400 vs. Shure SE215... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost 4490 impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Beats headphone teardown 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Noble BTS (mint) with extra accessories and Wizard's signature. 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...