- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 9/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones around $200 Last post on 9/13/12 at 12:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing Full-sized headphones. Last post on 9/4/12 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing suggestions Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Beats solo HD vs Sennheiser HD 558post #1 of 29/10/12 at 3:32pmThread StarterI currently own a pair of Beats solo hd's. I am looking for a good upgrade around $200. I was thinking about the sennheiser hd558's. Any recommendations for an upgrade? I listen to hip hop, psychedelic rock, classic rock. I prefer a heavy bass with clear vocals.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/10/12 at 3:40pm
Tons of stuff under $200 that will blow beats away but it depends on the sound you want.
Hyped bass and treble:
Beyerdynamic dt 770,
(my favorites for smooth electronica like trance)
Hyped bass with neutrality elsewhere:
(my favorite for harsh screechy electronica like EBM)
(somewhere in the middle of these.. many sennheisers, not not all)
Detail/Clarity/Neutrality but bass is still present:
(my favorite sound all around)
Natural, resonating mids with "vintage" sounding bass rather than modern hi-fi subwoofer bass:
AKG 2XX for tamed treble,
Grado SR-XX for bright treble
(IMO amazing for pink floyd type stuff or guitar-centric music, but has trouble with electronica)
Edited by machoboy - 9/10/12 at 3:50pm
- Beats solo HD vs Sennheiser HD 558
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 32 seconds ago
- › Help buying a new portable music source (mp3) 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audio setup for work to use with Pandora 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Durable IEM Recommendations for around $50-100 2 minutes ago
- › Triangle Comete 30th Anniversary Speakers, Near Mint 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...