Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony X headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 5:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony - MDR-X10 & MDR-X05 Last post on 9/10/14 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 9/3/13 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Simon Cowell says he making the best - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 839/27/12 at 10:20amPeople have already covered the major points about this already. X Factor music is very, very badly produced - so badly that it's hard to believe that they even put it on the market - so these headphones are starting with no credibility at all, and if they're aimed at the Beats market they're bound to sound bad. (They already look bad!)
Where I dsiagree, though, is that I think that Cowell has a good pair of ears and - if these were anything other than jumping on a bandwagon - he'd be a pretty good person to enlist if you were actually designing headphones.post #48 of 839/27/12 at 10:35ampost #49 of 839/27/12 at 10:57ampost #50 of 839/27/12 at 11:38ampost #51 of 839/27/12 at 12:49pmpost #52 of 839/27/12 at 1:17pmpost #53 of 839/27/12 at 5:08pm
What exactly does Cowell know about the construction and engineering of headphones? What in his illustrious career as an artists and repertoire executive, television personality and producer; so-called talent judge, someone who never got past his O levels, with his father eventually finding him a job in a mailroom. What I am struggling with is what in his background and pitiful training makes him have a clue about headphones?post #54 of 839/27/12 at 5:20pmpost #55 of 839/27/12 at 5:25pm
Those big pillows....hmmmm.....great for winter zzz.
I would be amazed if the pillows can somehow synergize with the drivers to produce "the best" highs n lows.
Waiting for impressions..
(i wonder if he is lurking in this forum....following this thread. :P )
Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/27/12 at 5:37pmpost #56 of 839/27/12 at 11:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiwirugby
What exactly does Cowell know about the construction and engineering of headphones? What in his illustrious career as an artists and repertoire executive, television personality and producer; so-called talent judge, someone who never got past his O levels, with his father eventually finding him a job in a mailroom. What I am struggling with is what in his background and pitiful training makes him have a clue about headphones?
Well, in the first place, it's not like he's been getting down 'n' dirty with a soldering iron or blocks of foam: Sony are doing all the heavy lifting on the design.
Secondly, he doesn't need to know anything at all about the construction and engineering of headphones in order to have an opinion about how they sound, and I assume that he's used a lot of headphones over the years, so he's likely to have an opinion about headphone design.
Thirdly, what difference does it make whether or not he got past his O levels? What O level do you feel would help him with headphone appraisal, exactly? Maths, Physics? I seriously doubt it.
What Sony want you to believe is that Cowell sat with their designers shooting down inadequate set after set by saying that they were too karaoke or belonged on a cruise ship. It's his strong opinions and plain speaking that is supposed to be the help here.
Personally I doubt that he even listened to a pair until after they had put the X on the first production headphone and sent him his check but - as I said before - I don't think that he would be a bad judge of headphones if this was anything other than an exercise in branding.
Nevertheless, I think that Sony may have made a misstep here, because the usual audience for X Factor, in the UK at least, is little girls and grannies: neither of whom is likely to spend this sort of money on headphones.post #57 of 839/28/12 at 1:30ampost #58 of 839/28/12 at 6:00pmpost #59 of 839/28/12 at 8:25pm
- Simon Cowell says he making the best
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 17 seconds ago
- › High-res music - your listening experience 25 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 39 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 57 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorers for $149.95 RMAF special! 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an IEM?... 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)