Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is there a visual list of all of Sony's headsphones from the 80s to the present? Last post on 9/18/14 at 5:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-W25814 Headphones Wanted Last post on 12/5/13 at 7:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Auditioned BestBuy Headphones $60-$300.........wow, is it me? Last post on 2/19/13 at 12:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony X headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 5:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Simon Cowell says he making the best - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 839/27/12 at 10:20amPeople have already covered the major points about this already. X Factor music is very, very badly produced - so badly that it's hard to believe that they even put it on the market - so these headphones are starting with no credibility at all, and if they're aimed at the Beats market they're bound to sound bad. (They already look bad!)
Where I dsiagree, though, is that I think that Cowell has a good pair of ears and - if these were anything other than jumping on a bandwagon - he'd be a pretty good person to enlist if you were actually designing headphones.post #48 of 839/27/12 at 10:35ampost #49 of 839/27/12 at 10:57ampost #50 of 839/27/12 at 11:38ampost #51 of 839/27/12 at 12:49pmpost #52 of 839/27/12 at 1:17pmpost #53 of 839/27/12 at 5:08pm
What exactly does Cowell know about the construction and engineering of headphones? What in his illustrious career as an artists and repertoire executive, television personality and producer; so-called talent judge, someone who never got past his O levels, with his father eventually finding him a job in a mailroom. What I am struggling with is what in his background and pitiful training makes him have a clue about headphones?post #54 of 839/27/12 at 5:20pmpost #55 of 839/27/12 at 5:25pm
Those big pillows....hmmmm.....great for winter zzz.
I would be amazed if the pillows can somehow synergize with the drivers to produce "the best" highs n lows.
Waiting for impressions..
(i wonder if he is lurking in this forum....following this thread. :P )
Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/27/12 at 5:37pmpost #56 of 839/27/12 at 11:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiwirugby
What exactly does Cowell know about the construction and engineering of headphones? What in his illustrious career as an artists and repertoire executive, television personality and producer; so-called talent judge, someone who never got past his O levels, with his father eventually finding him a job in a mailroom. What I am struggling with is what in his background and pitiful training makes him have a clue about headphones?
Well, in the first place, it's not like he's been getting down 'n' dirty with a soldering iron or blocks of foam: Sony are doing all the heavy lifting on the design.
Secondly, he doesn't need to know anything at all about the construction and engineering of headphones in order to have an opinion about how they sound, and I assume that he's used a lot of headphones over the years, so he's likely to have an opinion about headphone design.
Thirdly, what difference does it make whether or not he got past his O levels? What O level do you feel would help him with headphone appraisal, exactly? Maths, Physics? I seriously doubt it.
What Sony want you to believe is that Cowell sat with their designers shooting down inadequate set after set by saying that they were too karaoke or belonged on a cruise ship. It's his strong opinions and plain speaking that is supposed to be the help here.
Personally I doubt that he even listened to a pair until after they had put the X on the first production headphone and sent him his check but - as I said before - I don't think that he would be a bad judge of headphones if this was anything other than an exercise in branding.
Nevertheless, I think that Sony may have made a misstep here, because the usual audience for X Factor, in the UK at least, is little girls and grannies: neither of whom is likely to spend this sort of money on headphones.post #57 of 839/28/12 at 1:30ampost #58 of 839/28/12 at 6:00pmpost #59 of 839/28/12 at 8:25pm
- Simon Cowell says he making the best
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 51 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)? 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2