Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony X headphones Last post on 11/6/12 at 5:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony - MDR-X10 & MDR-X05 Last post on 12/2/13 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 9/3/13 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Simon Cowell says he making the best - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 839/27/12 at 10:20amPeople have already covered the major points about this already. X Factor music is very, very badly produced - so badly that it's hard to believe that they even put it on the market - so these headphones are starting with no credibility at all, and if they're aimed at the Beats market they're bound to sound bad. (They already look bad!)
Where I dsiagree, though, is that I think that Cowell has a good pair of ears and - if these were anything other than jumping on a bandwagon - he'd be a pretty good person to enlist if you were actually designing headphones.post #48 of 839/27/12 at 10:35ampost #49 of 839/27/12 at 10:57ampost #50 of 839/27/12 at 11:38ampost #51 of 839/27/12 at 12:49pmpost #52 of 839/27/12 at 1:17pmpost #53 of 839/27/12 at 5:08pm
What exactly does Cowell know about the construction and engineering of headphones? What in his illustrious career as an artists and repertoire executive, television personality and producer; so-called talent judge, someone who never got past his O levels, with his father eventually finding him a job in a mailroom. What I am struggling with is what in his background and pitiful training makes him have a clue about headphones?post #54 of 839/27/12 at 5:20pmpost #55 of 839/27/12 at 5:25pm
Those big pillows....hmmmm.....great for winter zzz.
I would be amazed if the pillows can somehow synergize with the drivers to produce "the best" highs n lows.
Waiting for impressions..
(i wonder if he is lurking in this forum....following this thread. :P )
Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/27/12 at 5:37pmpost #56 of 839/27/12 at 11:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by kiwirugby
What exactly does Cowell know about the construction and engineering of headphones? What in his illustrious career as an artists and repertoire executive, television personality and producer; so-called talent judge, someone who never got past his O levels, with his father eventually finding him a job in a mailroom. What I am struggling with is what in his background and pitiful training makes him have a clue about headphones?
Well, in the first place, it's not like he's been getting down 'n' dirty with a soldering iron or blocks of foam: Sony are doing all the heavy lifting on the design.
Secondly, he doesn't need to know anything at all about the construction and engineering of headphones in order to have an opinion about how they sound, and I assume that he's used a lot of headphones over the years, so he's likely to have an opinion about headphone design.
Thirdly, what difference does it make whether or not he got past his O levels? What O level do you feel would help him with headphone appraisal, exactly? Maths, Physics? I seriously doubt it.
What Sony want you to believe is that Cowell sat with their designers shooting down inadequate set after set by saying that they were too karaoke or belonged on a cruise ship. It's his strong opinions and plain speaking that is supposed to be the help here.
Personally I doubt that he even listened to a pair until after they had put the X on the first production headphone and sent him his check but - as I said before - I don't think that he would be a bad judge of headphones if this was anything other than an exercise in branding.
Nevertheless, I think that Sony may have made a misstep here, because the usual audience for X Factor, in the UK at least, is little girls and grannies: neither of whom is likely to spend this sort of money on headphones.post #57 of 839/28/12 at 1:30ampost #58 of 839/28/12 at 6:00pmpost #59 of 839/28/12 at 8:25pm
- Simon Cowell says he making the best
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 second ago
- › Best Headphones under $100 Without an Amp? 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › Need a comparison of ATH-CKS55 vs ATH-CKS77 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 4 minutes ago
- › Successful people versus Unsuccessful People 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe