I am considering buying the Audeze LCD-2's however they are very expensive. If I got them, I would only be able to spend $300 on a Desktop Amplifier/DAC. Which Desktop Amplifier/DAC do you think is best for the Audeze LCD-2's for under $300?
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12More
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12
- productQ Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out! Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600? Last post on 1/21/13 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/9/12 at 8:45pm
I have been reading positive comments about the O2 amp and the Odac. On a short budget seems like a good option, hopefully someone who owns this combination can give a more detailed answer.
And welcome to head-fipost #3 of 389/10/12 at 11:54ampost #4 of 389/11/12 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #5 of 389/11/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
O2/ ODAC combo is the better deal, considering the similar price. I don't own the Asgard but the O2 should be quieter (more transparent) than the Asgard, since that's what the design focuses on. But regardless of sound quality, the O2/ ODAC combo should be the better deal.post #6 of 389/11/12 at 2:43pmThread Starterpost #7 of 389/11/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Here's a list of audiophile music software.post #8 of 389/11/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #9 of 389/11/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Used Schiit Lyr...nothing else under $750 ish will be anywhere as good.post #10 of 389/11/12 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 389/11/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #12 of 389/11/12 at 6:16pm
Depends on your budget. For the same range, the Bifrost is hard to beat too.post #13 of 389/11/12 at 6:19pmThread Starterpost #14 of 389/11/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
For the LCD-2s...absolutely!!! The Valhalla is an OTL amp and not ideal for low impedance headphones. If you where buying a 600 ohm beyer headphone, then I'd go with the Valhalla.
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 26 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 32 seconds ago
- › Which is best for Rock music? SoundMagic E30, E50, E80, and others 48 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › I think my left ear is slightly weaker 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 7 minutes ago
- › Need a badge? 10 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2