I am considering buying the Audeze LCD-2's however they are very expensive. If I got them, I would only be able to spend $300 on a Desktop Amplifier/DAC. Which Desktop Amplifier/DAC do you think is best for the Audeze LCD-2's for under $300?
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12More
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12
- productQ Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out! Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600? Last post on 1/21/13 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 3/18/16
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/9/12 at 8:45pm
I have been reading positive comments about the O2 amp and the Odac. On a short budget seems like a good option, hopefully someone who owns this combination can give a more detailed answer.
And welcome to head-fipost #3 of 389/10/12 at 11:54ampost #4 of 389/11/12 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #5 of 389/11/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
O2/ ODAC combo is the better deal, considering the similar price. I don't own the Asgard but the O2 should be quieter (more transparent) than the Asgard, since that's what the design focuses on. But regardless of sound quality, the O2/ ODAC combo should be the better deal.post #6 of 389/11/12 at 2:43pmThread Starterpost #7 of 389/11/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Here's a list of audiophile music software.post #8 of 389/11/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #9 of 389/11/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Used Schiit Lyr...nothing else under $750 ish will be anywhere as good.post #10 of 389/11/12 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 389/11/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #12 of 389/11/12 at 6:16pm
Depends on your budget. For the same range, the Bifrost is hard to beat too.post #13 of 389/11/12 at 6:19pmThread Starterpost #14 of 389/11/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
For the LCD-2s...absolutely!!! The Valhalla is an OTL amp and not ideal for low impedance headphones. If you where buying a 600 ohm beyer headphone, then I'd go with the Valhalla.
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Grado Fan Club! 13 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 34 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 2 minutes ago
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Shangri-La: The New Electrostatic Headphones From HIFIMAN 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse