I am considering buying the Audeze LCD-2's however they are very expensive. If I got them, I would only be able to spend $300 on a Desktop Amplifier/DAC. Which Desktop Amplifier/DAC do you think is best for the Audeze LCD-2's for under $300?
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12More
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12
- productQ Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out! Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600? Last post on 1/21/13 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/9/12 at 8:45pm
I have been reading positive comments about the O2 amp and the Odac. On a short budget seems like a good option, hopefully someone who owns this combination can give a more detailed answer.
And welcome to head-fipost #3 of 389/10/12 at 11:54ampost #4 of 389/11/12 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #5 of 389/11/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
O2/ ODAC combo is the better deal, considering the similar price. I don't own the Asgard but the O2 should be quieter (more transparent) than the Asgard, since that's what the design focuses on. But regardless of sound quality, the O2/ ODAC combo should be the better deal.post #6 of 389/11/12 at 2:43pmThread Starterpost #7 of 389/11/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Here's a list of audiophile music software.post #8 of 389/11/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #9 of 389/11/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Used Schiit Lyr...nothing else under $750 ish will be anywhere as good.post #10 of 389/11/12 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 389/11/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #12 of 389/11/12 at 6:16pm
Depends on your budget. For the same range, the Bifrost is hard to beat too.post #13 of 389/11/12 at 6:19pmThread Starterpost #14 of 389/11/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
For the LCD-2s...absolutely!!! The Valhalla is an OTL amp and not ideal for low impedance headphones. If you where buying a 600 ohm beyer headphone, then I'd go with the Valhalla.
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 18 seconds ago
- › Bluedio Air Bluetooth Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for the Xuelin iHiFi 960: A Primer 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 7 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release 8 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 8 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2