I am considering buying the Audeze LCD-2's however they are very expensive. If I got them, I would only be able to spend $300 on a Desktop Amplifier/DAC. Which Desktop Amplifier/DAC do you think is best for the Audeze LCD-2's for under $300?
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12More
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12
- productQ Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out! Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600? Last post on 1/21/13 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 5/24/15
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
*A Sample of the HD7 was provided by PreSounus for my unbiased review* https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 Cloning. Not a sheep, but headphones. The PreSounus HD7 is a...
I bought these in Chicago O'Hare before I got into the Head-Fi hobby. I was looking more for a bluetooth headset solution but liked the way these sounded. After listening to Grados, Senns, and...
Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/9/12 at 8:45pm
I have been reading positive comments about the O2 amp and the Odac. On a short budget seems like a good option, hopefully someone who owns this combination can give a more detailed answer.
And welcome to head-fipost #3 of 389/10/12 at 11:54ampost #4 of 389/11/12 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #5 of 389/11/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
O2/ ODAC combo is the better deal, considering the similar price. I don't own the Asgard but the O2 should be quieter (more transparent) than the Asgard, since that's what the design focuses on. But regardless of sound quality, the O2/ ODAC combo should be the better deal.post #6 of 389/11/12 at 2:43pmThread Starterpost #7 of 389/11/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Here's a list of audiophile music software.post #8 of 389/11/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #9 of 389/11/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Used Schiit Lyr...nothing else under $750 ish will be anywhere as good.post #10 of 389/11/12 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 389/11/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #12 of 389/11/12 at 6:16pm
Depends on your budget. For the same range, the Bifrost is hard to beat too.post #13 of 389/11/12 at 6:19pmThread Starterpost #14 of 389/11/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
For the LCD-2s...absolutely!!! The Valhalla is an OTL amp and not ideal for low impedance headphones. If you where buying a 600 ohm beyer headphone, then I'd go with the Valhalla.
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › "The Lab" 18 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 37 seconds ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 40 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)