I am considering buying the Audeze LCD-2's however they are very expensive. If I got them, I would only be able to spend $300 on a Desktop Amplifier/DAC. Which Desktop Amplifier/DAC do you think is best for the Audeze LCD-2's for under $300?
- productALO Audio The Pan Amtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12More
- brandNorse Audiotagged by System, 9/20/12
- productQ Cablestagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and DAC for HE-400s Last post on 8/10/12 at 10:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out! Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600? Last post on 1/21/13 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for LCD-2 Last post on 6/20/13 at 7:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Essence One or O2/ODAC Combo for HD650 Last post on 4/9/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 7/6/15
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/9/12 at 8:45pm
I have been reading positive comments about the O2 amp and the Odac. On a short budget seems like a good option, hopefully someone who owns this combination can give a more detailed answer.
And welcome to head-fipost #3 of 389/10/12 at 11:54ampost #4 of 389/11/12 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #5 of 389/11/12 at 2:30pmQuote:
O2/ ODAC combo is the better deal, considering the similar price. I don't own the Asgard but the O2 should be quieter (more transparent) than the Asgard, since that's what the design focuses on. But regardless of sound quality, the O2/ ODAC combo should be the better deal.post #6 of 389/11/12 at 2:43pmThread Starterpost #7 of 389/11/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Here's a list of audiophile music software.post #8 of 389/11/12 at 5:21pmThread Starterpost #9 of 389/11/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Used Schiit Lyr...nothing else under $750 ish will be anywhere as good.post #10 of 389/11/12 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 389/11/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #12 of 389/11/12 at 6:16pm
Depends on your budget. For the same range, the Bifrost is hard to beat too.post #13 of 389/11/12 at 6:19pmThread Starterpost #14 of 389/11/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
For the LCD-2s...absolutely!!! The Valhalla is an OTL amp and not ideal for low impedance headphones. If you where buying a 600 ohm beyer headphone, then I'd go with the Valhalla.
- Audeze LCD-2 Best Amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › [Review] Encore RockMaster OE (Over-Ear) - a superb $30 budget... 38 seconds ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 5 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3