Sol Republic v12's for sure, better than beats and souls, they have intense bass and sure theres no noise cancelling, but how loud these can get is the noise cancellation,,,lol. my school is full of scrubs with souls and beats, im the only one with sol republics and my headphones dominate all, also sol republics are practically indestructable and have interchangable parts with cool colors!! hope this helps
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/10/12
- productFanny Wang 2003 Headphones 2000 Seriestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOL Republic Trackstagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOUL SL300 Over Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Having trouble finding a sub $100 headphone. Please help! Last post on 9/24/12 at 4:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your opinion on Sol Republic? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Commuting Cans Last post on 9/8/12 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Soul Vs Sol. What to Get??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/25/13 at 11:16am
Not sure if serious...Quote:Originally Posted by LilWayne4life
Sol Republic v12's for sure, better than beats and souls, they have intense bass and sure theres no noise cancelling, but how loud these can get is the noise cancellation,,,lol. my school is full of scrubs with souls and beats, im the only one with sol republics and my headphones dominate all, also sol republics are practically indestructable and have interchangable parts with cool colors!! hope this helpspost #18 of 224/25/13 at 11:59ampost #19 of 224/29/13 at 6:44pmYour money would be better spent if you bought a set of koss ksc75 and burned the other $185.
But for a fashionable can with ANC in your price range, the Logitech ue6000 rock pretty hard
I hear vmodas are excellent as well, look good and have a reputation of being indestructible
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 4/29/13 at 6:49pmpost #20 of 2211/12/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by honest-ears
I've been wanting a new pair of phones to replace my crappy Skullcandy's for a while now. At first I really wanted Beats, but after looking at them and listening to them and the price tag, i decided to go down a different path. I looked at many brands and found two or three headphones I liked. I liked the Sol Republic Tracks and the Soul by Ludacris sl300. Also the Fanny Wang 2000's. As you can see, I am straying towards celeberty headphones. I want a heaphone with bass, good looks, and good durability. The reason I stayed away from Fanny Wang was because I read the weren't totaly durable and had terrible customer service. I like the Sol Republic because everything is replaceable and they're not going to break the bank. Now the sl300's I heard aren't totaly durable but whatever, they have ANC and cool looks. Although I did read they have muffled mids. On Amazon It says they cost 190-200 so that's a way better buy than 300, another reason to buy them. Now I know somebody's gonna say 'just get the ath m50.' thats not what I want. if anybody has any suggestions or advice, just shout out. Thanks email firstname.lastname@example.org
if anything just get the soul sl150s their cheaper >sl300s don't take batterys apparently sounds a better and their like what 60 usd on amazon.com with a lot of colours compare to the sl 300s which is 99 for the gold one
tyll at innerfidelity has a review of so many celebrity headphones, and actually amongst them if you want a rapper can hes well regarded here on head-fi
get a sl150s they actually isolate really well looking at the graphs, they have diff colours
i wouldn't get fanny wangs to be totally honest, if its beats or fanny wangs
yea go for the fanny wangs but their build is not much better than beats and if your introducing them to someone it sounds just horrible, and i'm assuming your a teenager/ young adult you will be the but of so many immature jokes
save yourself from that
i haven't heard the sl150s
but the are on ear- fair warning but on ears usually don't isolate too well, these are one the few exceptions unless u wanna try the sennheiser hd 25 beyer dt150s
heres the link to the celebrity headphone match up, he has individual review as well if your interested but if not your better off with the article its very comprehensive
heres the soul only if you want
heres the direct link to the sl150 review looks pretty good for a "celebrity can"
direct link to the sl300s
if your interested in the beatsque look check out the noontec zoro which i own myself if you want opinions- this is the most audiophile friendly one, fantastic for its price and amazing for basically every genre under 70$
heres tylls review of the noontec zoros
heres the video
theres the hd out that fixes some of the problems out on the original (fuller more impactful bass, better isolation, and better higher mid to treble response under 100$ but supposedly better in every way.
you'd probably be happy with eitherpost #21 of 2211/12/13 at 9:29pmpost #22 of 2211/13/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Surely someone will have the same question along the lines, and find his informative post here.
That is, assuming that someone will have the decency to do a search before making a new thread. But all is good.
- Soul Vs Sol. What to Get???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 28 seconds ago
- › (Poll) Best Wireless Headphones for around $300? (Senn. RS180 vs.... 30 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Trying to understand why you'd want the USB option for Bifrost 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › love black magic specialist baba ji (+91)-9928576434 in mumbai 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--first member preview posted! p.7;... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)