Sol Republic v12's for sure, better than beats and souls, they have intense bass and sure theres no noise cancelling, but how loud these can get is the noise cancellation,,,lol. my school is full of scrubs with souls and beats, im the only one with sol republics and my headphones dominate all, also sol republics are practically indestructable and have interchangable parts with cool colors!! hope this helps
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/10/12
- productFanny Wang 2003 Headphones 2000 Seriestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOL Republic Trackstagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOUL SL300 Over Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Having trouble finding a sub $100 headphone. Please help! Last post on 9/24/12 at 4:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your opinion on Sol Republic? Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Commuting Cans Last post on 9/8/12 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Soul Vs Sol. What to Get??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/25/13 at 11:16am
Not sure if serious...Quote:Originally Posted by LilWayne4life
Sol Republic v12's for sure, better than beats and souls, they have intense bass and sure theres no noise cancelling, but how loud these can get is the noise cancellation,,,lol. my school is full of scrubs with souls and beats, im the only one with sol republics and my headphones dominate all, also sol republics are practically indestructable and have interchangable parts with cool colors!! hope this helpspost #18 of 224/25/13 at 11:59ampost #19 of 224/29/13 at 6:44pmYour money would be better spent if you bought a set of koss ksc75 and burned the other $185.
But for a fashionable can with ANC in your price range, the Logitech ue6000 rock pretty hard
I hear vmodas are excellent as well, look good and have a reputation of being indestructible
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 4/29/13 at 6:49pmpost #20 of 2211/12/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by honest-ears
I've been wanting a new pair of phones to replace my crappy Skullcandy's for a while now. At first I really wanted Beats, but after looking at them and listening to them and the price tag, i decided to go down a different path. I looked at many brands and found two or three headphones I liked. I liked the Sol Republic Tracks and the Soul by Ludacris sl300. Also the Fanny Wang 2000's. As you can see, I am straying towards celeberty headphones. I want a heaphone with bass, good looks, and good durability. The reason I stayed away from Fanny Wang was because I read the weren't totaly durable and had terrible customer service. I like the Sol Republic because everything is replaceable and they're not going to break the bank. Now the sl300's I heard aren't totaly durable but whatever, they have ANC and cool looks. Although I did read they have muffled mids. On Amazon It says they cost 190-200 so that's a way better buy than 300, another reason to buy them. Now I know somebody's gonna say 'just get the ath m50.' thats not what I want. if anybody has any suggestions or advice, just shout out. Thanks email firstname.lastname@example.org
if anything just get the soul sl150s their cheaper >sl300s don't take batterys apparently sounds a better and their like what 60 usd on amazon.com with a lot of colours compare to the sl 300s which is 99 for the gold one
tyll at innerfidelity has a review of so many celebrity headphones, and actually amongst them if you want a rapper can hes well regarded here on head-fi
get a sl150s they actually isolate really well looking at the graphs, they have diff colours
i wouldn't get fanny wangs to be totally honest, if its beats or fanny wangs
yea go for the fanny wangs but their build is not much better than beats and if your introducing them to someone it sounds just horrible, and i'm assuming your a teenager/ young adult you will be the but of so many immature jokes
save yourself from that
i haven't heard the sl150s
but the are on ear- fair warning but on ears usually don't isolate too well, these are one the few exceptions unless u wanna try the sennheiser hd 25 beyer dt150s
heres the link to the celebrity headphone match up, he has individual review as well if your interested but if not your better off with the article its very comprehensive
heres the soul only if you want
heres the direct link to the sl150 review looks pretty good for a "celebrity can"
direct link to the sl300s
if your interested in the beatsque look check out the noontec zoro which i own myself if you want opinions- this is the most audiophile friendly one, fantastic for its price and amazing for basically every genre under 70$
heres tylls review of the noontec zoros
heres the video
theres the hd out that fixes some of the problems out on the original (fuller more impactful bass, better isolation, and better higher mid to treble response under 100$ but supposedly better in every way.
you'd probably be happy with eitherpost #21 of 2211/12/13 at 9:29pmpost #22 of 2211/13/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Surely someone will have the same question along the lines, and find his informative post here.
That is, assuming that someone will have the decency to do a search before making a new thread. But all is good.
- Soul Vs Sol. What to Get???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX just now
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 second ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › What should I get: ruizu 02 or xduoo x2? 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Questions about my amp 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 II Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3