Sol Republic v12's for sure, better than beats and souls, they have intense bass and sure theres no noise cancelling, but how loud these can get is the noise cancellation,,,lol. my school is full of scrubs with souls and beats, im the only one with sol republics and my headphones dominate all, also sol republics are practically indestructable and have interchangable parts with cool colors!! hope this helps
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by System, 9/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/10/12
- productFanny Wang 2003 Headphones 2000 Seriestagged by System, 9/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOL Republic Trackstagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by System, 9/10/12
- productSOUL SL300 Over Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00 Last post on 3/31/13 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Having trouble finding a sub $100 headphone. Please help! Last post on 9/24/12 at 4:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is your opinion on Sol Republic? Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Commuting Cans Last post on 9/8/12 at 9:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR-1A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
Soul Vs Sol. What to Get??? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 224/25/13 at 11:16am
Not sure if serious...Quote:Originally Posted by LilWayne4life
Sol Republic v12's for sure, better than beats and souls, they have intense bass and sure theres no noise cancelling, but how loud these can get is the noise cancellation,,,lol. my school is full of scrubs with souls and beats, im the only one with sol republics and my headphones dominate all, also sol republics are practically indestructable and have interchangable parts with cool colors!! hope this helpspost #18 of 224/25/13 at 11:59ampost #19 of 224/29/13 at 6:44pmYour money would be better spent if you bought a set of koss ksc75 and burned the other $185.
But for a fashionable can with ANC in your price range, the Logitech ue6000 rock pretty hard
I hear vmodas are excellent as well, look good and have a reputation of being indestructible
Edited by thoughtcriminal - 4/29/13 at 6:49pmpost #20 of 2211/12/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by honest-ears
I've been wanting a new pair of phones to replace my crappy Skullcandy's for a while now. At first I really wanted Beats, but after looking at them and listening to them and the price tag, i decided to go down a different path. I looked at many brands and found two or three headphones I liked. I liked the Sol Republic Tracks and the Soul by Ludacris sl300. Also the Fanny Wang 2000's. As you can see, I am straying towards celeberty headphones. I want a heaphone with bass, good looks, and good durability. The reason I stayed away from Fanny Wang was because I read the weren't totaly durable and had terrible customer service. I like the Sol Republic because everything is replaceable and they're not going to break the bank. Now the sl300's I heard aren't totaly durable but whatever, they have ANC and cool looks. Although I did read they have muffled mids. On Amazon It says they cost 190-200 so that's a way better buy than 300, another reason to buy them. Now I know somebody's gonna say 'just get the ath m50.' thats not what I want. if anybody has any suggestions or advice, just shout out. Thanks email firstname.lastname@example.org
if anything just get the soul sl150s their cheaper >sl300s don't take batterys apparently sounds a better and their like what 60 usd on amazon.com with a lot of colours compare to the sl 300s which is 99 for the gold one
tyll at innerfidelity has a review of so many celebrity headphones, and actually amongst them if you want a rapper can hes well regarded here on head-fi
get a sl150s they actually isolate really well looking at the graphs, they have diff colours
i wouldn't get fanny wangs to be totally honest, if its beats or fanny wangs
yea go for the fanny wangs but their build is not much better than beats and if your introducing them to someone it sounds just horrible, and i'm assuming your a teenager/ young adult you will be the but of so many immature jokes
save yourself from that
i haven't heard the sl150s
but the are on ear- fair warning but on ears usually don't isolate too well, these are one the few exceptions unless u wanna try the sennheiser hd 25 beyer dt150s
heres the link to the celebrity headphone match up, he has individual review as well if your interested but if not your better off with the article its very comprehensive
heres the soul only if you want
heres the direct link to the sl150 review looks pretty good for a "celebrity can"
direct link to the sl300s
if your interested in the beatsque look check out the noontec zoro which i own myself if you want opinions- this is the most audiophile friendly one, fantastic for its price and amazing for basically every genre under 70$
heres tylls review of the noontec zoros
heres the video
theres the hd out that fixes some of the problems out on the original (fuller more impactful bass, better isolation, and better higher mid to treble response under 100$ but supposedly better in every way.
you'd probably be happy with eitherpost #21 of 2211/12/13 at 9:29pmpost #22 of 2211/13/13 at 12:31amQuote:
Surely someone will have the same question along the lines, and find his informative post here.
That is, assuming that someone will have the decency to do a search before making a new thread. But all is good.
- Soul Vs Sol. What to Get???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › BTG-Audio 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables for IEM - Shure/MMCX to RSA/ALO/Kobiconn connection 8 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2