If you like bass then this is it! It is all about the sub bass here and it delivers with huge rumbles and great texture!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 53
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #782 of 523210/31/12 at 10:59amQuote::D
Too bad I'm going to have to start saving.post #783 of 523210/31/12 at 12:16pm
I'm getting the impression Cosmic must have been waiting for parts or something, as the hybrid's they're making for me have progressed through 4 'status updates' in about 12 hours!
I've described the sound sig' I prefer, and left the choice of dynamic driver up to Phil.
I'd have chosen myself, but not having heard any Cosmic's means I'm ignorant re' which driver might suit my tastes better.
I'm thinking that even though Phil doesn't really know (despite my short description) what sound I like, he's better informed regarding how the two drivers differ, and his guess at my preferred sound is likely to be more accurate than my guess at how the drivers might sound.
So I don't know which he's fitted!.
I'm tempted to avoid finding out which version I have until I've formed some comparative opinions.
Once they've arrived (currently 'packaging'), and I've listened (assuming they fit) I'll post some thoughts before I ask which model I've got.
I guess that if the Swedish postal service really isn't very good, I'd best prepare for a 7-14 day wait to be on the safe side?.
Damn, I hate having to be patient...
By the way, does anyone know of an aftermarket cable (reasonably priced, I don't really subscribe to cable voodoo) which comes without 'memory wire' and will fit in a recessed socket?post #784 of 523211/1/12 at 5:39ampost #785 of 523211/1/12 at 6:44ampost #786 of 523211/1/12 at 7:03am
its from the EU so there will not be any right?post #787 of 523211/1/12 at 7:48am
Indeed, there should be no VAT for goods purchased in the EU and shipped to the UK.post #788 of 523211/1/12 at 7:58am
Just making sure!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the HY3v2. I suspected that Swimsonny's would be bass monsters.
I was going to go down the path of the triple BA, but the HY3v2 has really thrown a spanner in the works.
I am looking for
Fast, articulate bass that has significant punch when needed, liquid midrange, present but not harsh treble. Attributes that tend not to be cheap.post #789 of 523211/1/12 at 8:00am
and Conkerman, my Single BA has the treble and mids your after i would say, just not the significant punch, it is punchy and tight but never really big!post #790 of 523211/1/12 at 8:24ampost #791 of 523211/1/12 at 8:33amQuote:
yeh or the pure plus if that is still around. I am getting the twin BA soon so i will comment if it has more bass, better bass etc!post #792 of 523211/1/12 at 8:54am
Nice reviews Sonny.
The Single BA sounds like a nice bit of kit.
I am a fan of the GR06 too so we may have similar taste :) Its bass is too slow to be ideal for me.
I reckon the Dual BA may be the sweetspot in the range.
Just waiting to be able to place an order before committing. Any ideas when we will be up and running there?
Got a real urge to spend some munneh.
Come on Phil!post #793 of 523211/1/12 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by SwimsonnyQuote:
yeh or the pure plus if that is still around. I am getting the twin BA soon so i will comment if it has more bass, better bass etc!
I've been "stalking" the mini-twin. According to their facebook, the mini takes a minor SQ hit, I'm curious what "minor" means. The twins look great, so tiny! If the single is as great as your reviews, I can only imagine!post #794 of 523211/1/12 at 12:05pm
Well i am getting a mini twin so i am hoping even with a hit it sounds a nice step up from the single. The single really is quite nice, heres a lil video!post #795 of 523211/1/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Is there a crossover in the mini, or are the twins both full spectrum?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 1 minute ago
- › Going to Tokyo in a bit... Anything I can only pick up in Japan? 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - screenless budget dual mono... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer audio fa-006 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear