If you like bass then this is it! It is all about the sub bass here and it delivers with huge rumbles and great texture!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 53
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #782 of 528510/31/12 at 10:59amQuote::D
Too bad I'm going to have to start saving.post #783 of 528510/31/12 at 12:16pm
I'm getting the impression Cosmic must have been waiting for parts or something, as the hybrid's they're making for me have progressed through 4 'status updates' in about 12 hours!
I've described the sound sig' I prefer, and left the choice of dynamic driver up to Phil.
I'd have chosen myself, but not having heard any Cosmic's means I'm ignorant re' which driver might suit my tastes better.
I'm thinking that even though Phil doesn't really know (despite my short description) what sound I like, he's better informed regarding how the two drivers differ, and his guess at my preferred sound is likely to be more accurate than my guess at how the drivers might sound.
So I don't know which he's fitted!.
I'm tempted to avoid finding out which version I have until I've formed some comparative opinions.
Once they've arrived (currently 'packaging'), and I've listened (assuming they fit) I'll post some thoughts before I ask which model I've got.
I guess that if the Swedish postal service really isn't very good, I'd best prepare for a 7-14 day wait to be on the safe side?.
Damn, I hate having to be patient...
By the way, does anyone know of an aftermarket cable (reasonably priced, I don't really subscribe to cable voodoo) which comes without 'memory wire' and will fit in a recessed socket?post #784 of 528511/1/12 at 5:39ampost #785 of 528511/1/12 at 6:44ampost #786 of 528511/1/12 at 7:03am
its from the EU so there will not be any right?post #787 of 528511/1/12 at 7:48am
Indeed, there should be no VAT for goods purchased in the EU and shipped to the UK.post #788 of 528511/1/12 at 7:58am
Just making sure!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the HY3v2. I suspected that Swimsonny's would be bass monsters.
I was going to go down the path of the triple BA, but the HY3v2 has really thrown a spanner in the works.
I am looking for
Fast, articulate bass that has significant punch when needed, liquid midrange, present but not harsh treble. Attributes that tend not to be cheap.post #789 of 528511/1/12 at 8:00am
and Conkerman, my Single BA has the treble and mids your after i would say, just not the significant punch, it is punchy and tight but never really big!post #790 of 528511/1/12 at 8:24ampost #791 of 528511/1/12 at 8:33amQuote:
yeh or the pure plus if that is still around. I am getting the twin BA soon so i will comment if it has more bass, better bass etc!post #792 of 528511/1/12 at 8:54am
Nice reviews Sonny.
The Single BA sounds like a nice bit of kit.
I am a fan of the GR06 too so we may have similar taste :) Its bass is too slow to be ideal for me.
I reckon the Dual BA may be the sweetspot in the range.
Just waiting to be able to place an order before committing. Any ideas when we will be up and running there?
Got a real urge to spend some munneh.
Come on Phil!post #793 of 528511/1/12 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by SwimsonnyQuote:
yeh or the pure plus if that is still around. I am getting the twin BA soon so i will comment if it has more bass, better bass etc!
I've been "stalking" the mini-twin. According to their facebook, the mini takes a minor SQ hit, I'm curious what "minor" means. The twins look great, so tiny! If the single is as great as your reviews, I can only imagine!post #794 of 528511/1/12 at 12:05pm
Well i am getting a mini twin so i am hoping even with a hit it sounds a nice step up from the single. The single really is quite nice, heres a lil video!post #795 of 528511/1/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
Is there a crossover in the mini, or are the twins both full spectrum?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 49 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MUC-M1BT1 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amp with Black Quantum fuse and DH Labs power cable 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Another Shure SE535 Red Limited Edition launched in USA 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear