Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 52

post #766 of 4287

Nice.

 

For all those waiting on a reply from Phil, it may be worth sending the email again.  Apparantly he's been out of the office for a few days sourcing supplies and the handover to the lab for emails wasn't as smooth as expected.

 

My impressions have got to Sweden already (8:30am this morning), so I imagine they'll be delivered sometime tomorrow.

 

Cheers.

post #767 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

My impressions have got to Sweden already (8:30am this morning), so I imagine they'll be delivered sometime tomorrow.

 

Cheers.

 

Be aware that Swedish postal service is CRAP!

post #768 of 4287

Guaranteed two day delivery from the uk (I hope!).  £15.00  Currently at Stockholm according to the tracker.

 

Besides it can't be any worse than uk mail can it?

 

Cheers
 

post #769 of 4287

It's €8,50 for me. (around 7 pounds/11 dollars)

 

Would be €13 if I want it to be trackable. Seems like a very reasonable price. I guess I'm really lucky. The impressions will cost €19 euros. I'm going to get them tomorrow :D

post #770 of 4287

Good grief, those boys are working hard, my HY3 have been through several stages today and are now on 'final finishing' :-)

 

They will be dispatched in the next day or so at this rate. Even more excited now !! biggrin.gif

post #771 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

Good grief, those boys are working hard, my HY3 have been through several stages today and are now on 'final finishing' :-)

 

They will be dispatched in the next day or so at this rate. Even more excited now !! biggrin.gif

Im excited too. Looking forward to impressions :D

post #772 of 4287

Okay, there has been some talk about two different version of the HY3. This change is in fact happening. In the history of the HY3 it was first put together by phil because people wanted a big low en experience that perhaps his BA drivers can not produce. However because of he has obviously seen the HYbrid experience some of you are more after he has tuned a less bassy version up. So Phlasbios is now going to be receiving a HY3, i have a HY3XB for eXtra Bass and i will be getting a HY3. I will also say that the single BA is truly marvellous!

post #773 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Okay, there has been some talk about two different version of the HY3. This change is in fact happening. In the history of the HY3 it was first put together by phil because people wanted a big low en experience that perhaps his BA drivers can not produce. However because of he has obviously seen the HYbrid experience some of you are more after he has tuned a less bassy version up. So Phlasbios is now going to be receiving a HY3, i have a HY3XB for eXtra Bass and i will be getting a HY3. I will also say that the single BA is truly marvellous!

 

 

So, the HY3 model that was produced until now (with the big bass) will be the HY3XB from now on, and the new version with the reduced bass output will simply be the HY3? I can't wait for you guys to get the new version and see if they finally meet our expectations of a more balanced sound signature... popcorn.gif

post #774 of 4287

That is correct!

post #775 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

So, the HY3 model that was produced until now (with the big bass) will be the HY3XB from now on, and the new version with the reduced bass output will simply be the HY3? I can't wait for you guys to get the new version and see if they finally meet our expectations of a more balanced sound signature... popcorn.gif

 

Should get it sometime next week by the looks of it as my HY3 are now at the final stage of 'testing and QA'. Presuming ofc, they don't fail that in any way biggrin.gif

post #776 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

Should get it sometime next week by the looks of it as my HY3 are now at the final stage of 'testing and QA'. Presuming ofc, they don't fail that in any way biggrin.gif

 

 

I'm very interested and curious to know your impressions on how your new HY3 will compare to your GR07 MK2... smile.gif

post #777 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

I'm very interested and curious to know your impressions on how your new HY3 will compare to your GR07 MK2... smile.gif

 Me too.

post #778 of 4287

The 4.Ai vs Cosmic Ears HY3XB

 

 

Here they are going up against my current favourite universal IEM. It costs £250 but importing it into the UK with shipping and tax you will be set back at least £350 making this actually a fair bit more than the HY3XB all in. As for packages the Heir is better, you get an otter box and some accessories and the monitors have a wood faceplate that is a beautiful. Cosmic do have a more portable case but do not have any accessories such as the bands at cleaning tool the Heir has, but then at the same time you are getting a CIEM and it is made for YOU so there are swings and round ‘a’ bouts.

 

The first song I A/Bed this to is Tracy Chapman’s Behind the Wall that is a cappella. Now this is just a woman’s vocals and it lets the HY3XB to not be influenced by the bass and compare mids in a different way. The Heir’s were only a touch nicer with more body and character to them and a more natural tone.

 

I then moved on to a Victim of Love by the Eagles and the mids instantly become more apparently better on the 4.Ai’s. They are clearer, more transparent and have an abundance of micro details in comparison. They also much more intimate on the 4.Ai.

 

Soundstage between the two is quite close and the HY3XB is bigger with more width being the most obvious difference but there is less depth with it. However the Heir is a lot more airy and has hugely better imaging that is pinpoint accurate of the Heir and a bit smudged on the HY3XB.

 

Bass here is two different beasts. The Heir have a slight boost in this area, just sitting ever so slightly above neutral and hitting very fast while maintaining an extension that does not quite rumble but is well textured. The HY3XB rumbles a lot more is, more powerful in this are but is also slower, boomier and more dominant. One if for bass lovers and the other is pretty much perceived as neutral and is technically great. The HY3XB is AMAZING for EDM and Dubstep while this is an area not suited for the 4.Ai but the bass is more tuned for any other genre on the 4.Ai maybe excluding pop.

 

Treble is better extended more sparkly and brighter on the 4.Ai but edgier and not as smooth.

 

The 4.Ai is technically superior, it sounds better to me because it is a lot more suited to my preferences but it is more expensive and to be honest they are two different things and not really made to compete as the sound signature is so different.

 

 

700 700

 

700 700

 

700 700


Edited by Swimsonny - 10/31/12 at 9:23am
post #779 of 4287

Well my impressions have got there alright :)  Email from Phil "you win first prize for the biggest ever box for a set of impressions :-)"

 

I'd double boxed them basically.  Was just going to use the small one I originally had, then saw what happened to that box so thought better safe than sorry for the sake of a few ££

 

:)

 
post #780 of 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

The 4.Ai vs Cosmic Ears HY3XB





The HY3XB rumbles a lot more is, more powerful in this The HY3XB is AMAZING for EDM and Dubstep while this is an area not suited for the 4.Ai but the bass is more tuned for any other genre on the 4.Ai maybe excluding pop.

Treble is better extended more sparkly and brighter on the 4.Ai but edgier and not as smooth.

The 4.Ai is technically superior, it sounds better to me because it is a lot more suited to my preferences but it is more expensive and to be honest they are two different things and not really made to compete as the sound signature is so different.


 

 

 
The bass description sounds great! I think I might still want the original version. And now it has an even cooler name: hy3XB! I like it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)