- 85 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.
Thank you for your kind comments.
In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.
The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.
I hope this answers your questions.
isnt it a bit turn off to say the word recessed? i am sure fxt90 has more bass than the more balanced gr07 but non of them has anything recessed..
It's just a matter of taste.
Maybe but from my experience in reading other peoples experience..Fewer people like earphones which have been described as recessed in any part of the Frequency range.
Maybe its just me
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed) Bass heavy sound signature
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed) V Shaped sound signature
awww no mids boost ala UM. I'll ask if they do universals like tralucent and UM.
no universals (yet. maaaybe later), recessed sockets - 15 GBP, memory wire about 6.5cm from bottom of the plug to end of metal wire bit on detachable cable.
Edited by svyr - 9/11/12 at 5:59am
There is NO reason for Cosmic to do universals, with the current prices imo, when i chose Flex i landed on 215£ and that wont scare that many off...
They seem to have found a market for really cheap ciems, and that should give them an edge of the bat..
Edited by Hemshemems - 9/11/12 at 10:09am
While I hope to eventually end up with a pair of 8.As, I may have to pick up the Pures while I wait/save money. Seems like an excellent way to see how much I'd use customs as well without spending too much.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD-580 w/600 Grilles, 650 Cable + Aftermarket Cable. 1 minute ago
- › Which fit me? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE 400 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)