- 90 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.
Thank you for your kind comments.
In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.
The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.
I hope this answers your questions.
isnt it a bit turn off to say the word recessed? i am sure fxt90 has more bass than the more balanced gr07 but non of them has anything recessed..
It's just a matter of taste.
Maybe but from my experience in reading other peoples experience..Fewer people like earphones which have been described as recessed in any part of the Frequency range.
Maybe its just me
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed) Bass heavy sound signature
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed) V Shaped sound signature
awww no mids boost ala UM. I'll ask if they do universals like tralucent and UM.
no universals (yet. maaaybe later), recessed sockets - 15 GBP, memory wire about 6.5cm from bottom of the plug to end of metal wire bit on detachable cable.
Edited by svyr - 9/11/12 at 5:59am
There is NO reason for Cosmic to do universals, with the current prices imo, when i chose Flex i landed on 215£ and that wont scare that many off...
They seem to have found a market for really cheap ciems, and that should give them an edge of the bat..
Edited by Hemshemems - 9/11/12 at 10:09am
While I hope to eventually end up with a pair of 8.As, I may have to pick up the Pures while I wait/save money. Seems like an excellent way to see how much I'd use customs as well without spending too much.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 31 seconds ago
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 1 minute ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Symphones Magnum V1 Drivers 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 3 minutes ago
- › Budget Dac/amp discussion fiio e10k,nuforce udac 3, centrance... 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2