- 90 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 4post #46 of 52949/10/12 at 6:11pmI'm not sure how cheap/expensive clear would be... I like that purple is the cheapest option. I LOVE purple.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 52949/10/12 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by discretesound
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.
Thank you for your kind comments.
In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.
The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.
I hope this answers your questions.
isnt it a bit turn off to say the word recessed? i am sure fxt90 has more bass than the more balanced gr07 but non of them has anything recessed..post #48 of 52949/10/12 at 8:09pmQuote:
It's just a matter of taste.post #49 of 52949/11/12 at 3:18ampost #50 of 52949/11/12 at 4:28amI will be reviewing a product/s from cosmic soon. Not sure what yet though but will keep you posted!post #51 of 52949/11/12 at 4:42am
Maybe but from my experience in reading other peoples experience..Fewer people like earphones which have been described as recessed in any part of the Frequency range.
Maybe its just mepost #52 of 52949/11/12 at 4:48amQuote:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed) Bass heavy sound signature
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed) V Shaped sound signature
Patato potaaatopost #53 of 52949/11/12 at 5:24amQuote:
awww no mids boost ala UM. I'll ask if they do universals like tralucent and UM.
no universals (yet. maaaybe later), recessed sockets - 15 GBP, memory wire about 6.5cm from bottom of the plug to end of metal wire bit on detachable cable.
Edited by svyr - 9/11/12 at 5:59ampost #54 of 52949/11/12 at 8:44amThread Starterpost #55 of 52949/11/12 at 9:47ampost #56 of 52949/11/12 at 10:05amQuote:
There is NO reason for Cosmic to do universals, with the current prices imo, when i chose Flex i landed on 215£ and that wont scare that many off...
They seem to have found a market for really cheap ciems, and that should give them an edge of the bat..
Edited by Hemshemems - 9/11/12 at 10:09ampost #57 of 52949/11/12 at 11:42ampost #58 of 52949/11/12 at 12:33pmpost #59 of 52949/11/12 at 1:00pm
While I hope to eventually end up with a pair of 8.As, I may have to pick up the Pures while I wait/save money. Seems like an excellent way to see how much I'd use customs as well without spending too much.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Rosie II full metal 9 minutes ago
- › Value for money real tube amp - WA6, schiit valhalla2, head one ? 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M50 mg -Matte Grey 10 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear