Nice, I quite like the understated look.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 284
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OK folks, I think I am one of the first to get these :-)
Here's my CE6P in a custom design, being a 'Stealth' look. Based on the angles you see on stealth fighters and finished in a translucent matt black finish.
I've only received them today, so haven't had a chance to give them a workout yet, but initial impressions of the sound are that it is stunning. Beautifully balanced to my ears, with just the right amount of bass, mids and trebles, soundstage is large and airy and separation is excellent. Clarity is excellent and I have them paired with a Fiio X5 playing FLAC files (16 bit) and the sound quality has blown me away. Without doubt, the best sound quality I have yet heard from anything I have listened to.
Will post back again in due course with further details regarding the sound, but all I can say at this point, is "Phil, you have excelled yourself".
Haha you're welcome!
Once you had some time with your new monitors please let us know how awesome the sound is!
I'm hoping that the CE6 will have better resolution in the treble compared to the BA4. If it does, it's a near perfect monitor tbh.
Is it really CE6P meaning BA6R? Headfonia reviewed CE6E, a fuller sounding version of CE6P (this is my understanding although I can be wrong), and the review is very positive. I'm very interested in the review od CE6P which as I understand meant to be more analytical.
Yes, these are the more analytical version of the CE6E. I was slightly concerned that they wouldn't have enough bass for some of the EDM stuff I listen to, but conversations with Phil about this occurred and he felt that the 6P would be bassy enough for me, based on previous feedback I had given him about the HY3 and my reshelled TF10 that he did for me. Phil was absolutely right, these are not lacking in bass in any way, if the bass is in the music, it will be there in the 6P. No mid-bass bloat, just precise, impactful bass. Mids and trebles are in perfect balance too for me, with there being a bit more treble presence than the HY3, and that for me is a good thing, as I always felt there was just a tiny bit too much rolloff on the top end treble on the HY3.
I am normally in the habit of switching my IEM's in and out, depending on what I am listening to, and so far with the 6P I have not had to do that, they play everything I have thrown at them, flawlessly.
I would exercise some caution if you are in the habit of playing low bitrate MP3's however, as there is a lot of detail presented in the 6P and if you have a poor recording, you are going to hear it. Frankly though, if you are buying £400+ CIEM's and playing low quality files on these, you need slapped :-)
I haven't tried them amped yet, as my Fiio E07K has gone to a new home and I haven't yet bought a new portable amp; but connected to my Fiio X5, the 6P is utterly glorious. This quality of IEM I am fully expecting it to scale with gear though, I strongly suspect that if you have a decent amp and a decent source, these are going to be able to step up to the plate.
Unfortunately, I can't compare as I have not had a BA4. They are a huge jump up from my HY3 however, which were previously my favourite IEM.
I would certainly expect them to be a step upgrade from the BA4, but how big that step will be, I am not qualified to judge. You should talk to Phil and he will advise, I'm sure.
Proper impressions of the 6P I will post in due course, I want to spend a week with them first and try all manner of recordings with them.
Aah so you placed a rushed order?
Lol, I completely misread that. I thought shotgunshane said he would get them next week :p
I'm going to send some empty shells to phil to see if the those 6 monitors might fit into my tiny ears...
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... just now
- › Audio Technica ATH AD2000 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Which Shure in ears? 2 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)