Nice, I quite like the understated look.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 284
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OK folks, I think I am one of the first to get these :-)
Here's my CE6P in a custom design, being a 'Stealth' look. Based on the angles you see on stealth fighters and finished in a translucent matt black finish.
I've only received them today, so haven't had a chance to give them a workout yet, but initial impressions of the sound are that it is stunning. Beautifully balanced to my ears, with just the right amount of bass, mids and trebles, soundstage is large and airy and separation is excellent. Clarity is excellent and I have them paired with a Fiio X5 playing FLAC files (16 bit) and the sound quality has blown me away. Without doubt, the best sound quality I have yet heard from anything I have listened to.
Will post back again in due course with further details regarding the sound, but all I can say at this point, is "Phil, you have excelled yourself".
Haha you're welcome!
Once you had some time with your new monitors please let us know how awesome the sound is!
I'm hoping that the CE6 will have better resolution in the treble compared to the BA4. If it does, it's a near perfect monitor tbh.
Is it really CE6P meaning BA6R? Headfonia reviewed CE6E, a fuller sounding version of CE6P (this is my understanding although I can be wrong), and the review is very positive. I'm very interested in the review od CE6P which as I understand meant to be more analytical.
Yes, these are the more analytical version of the CE6E. I was slightly concerned that they wouldn't have enough bass for some of the EDM stuff I listen to, but conversations with Phil about this occurred and he felt that the 6P would be bassy enough for me, based on previous feedback I had given him about the HY3 and my reshelled TF10 that he did for me. Phil was absolutely right, these are not lacking in bass in any way, if the bass is in the music, it will be there in the 6P. No mid-bass bloat, just precise, impactful bass. Mids and trebles are in perfect balance too for me, with there being a bit more treble presence than the HY3, and that for me is a good thing, as I always felt there was just a tiny bit too much rolloff on the top end treble on the HY3.
I am normally in the habit of switching my IEM's in and out, depending on what I am listening to, and so far with the 6P I have not had to do that, they play everything I have thrown at them, flawlessly.
I would exercise some caution if you are in the habit of playing low bitrate MP3's however, as there is a lot of detail presented in the 6P and if you have a poor recording, you are going to hear it. Frankly though, if you are buying £400+ CIEM's and playing low quality files on these, you need slapped :-)
I haven't tried them amped yet, as my Fiio E07K has gone to a new home and I haven't yet bought a new portable amp; but connected to my Fiio X5, the 6P is utterly glorious. This quality of IEM I am fully expecting it to scale with gear though, I strongly suspect that if you have a decent amp and a decent source, these are going to be able to step up to the plate.
Unfortunately, I can't compare as I have not had a BA4. They are a huge jump up from my HY3 however, which were previously my favourite IEM.
I would certainly expect them to be a step upgrade from the BA4, but how big that step will be, I am not qualified to judge. You should talk to Phil and he will advise, I'm sure.
Proper impressions of the 6P I will post in due course, I want to spend a week with them first and try all manner of recordings with them.
Aah so you placed a rushed order?
Lol, I completely misread that. I thought shotgunshane said he would get them next week :p
I'm going to send some empty shells to phil to see if the those 6 monitors might fit into my tiny ears...
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 17 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 7 minutes ago
- › Brooko's Reviews - Past & Future 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...