- 981 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Poland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 267post #3991 of 52946/2/14 at 2:31amThe headphonia's review of CE6 was supposed be published at the beginning of April and now we have June:D so we are already waiting 2 months for the review:D
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3992 of 52946/2/14 at 2:51amQuote:
Well if CE didn't deliver the CE6P it's hard to do the review. you should have said: we've been waiting for months for the CE6P alreadypost #3993 of 52946/2/14 at 12:59pm
Due a strange twist of faith, the hifiman RE-600s I ordered were destroyed during the shipment.
And I will be receiving my money back soon.
I'm not too bothered, I was probably going to send them back fairly fast after receiving them.
The good news is, I now have funds for the BA6/CE6p
Btw what is up with those names? Is it the BA6, CE6 or CE6p?!?post #3994 of 52946/2/14 at 1:18pmpost #3995 of 52946/2/14 at 4:48pm
Sorry about the cross-post, but after posting over in the Lignum BaX cable thread, I realised that this might also be a good place for these comments:
Just received my BA-X for my customs today ( customs and cable are from Cosmic )
I too am astonished at how thin the cables are!
Sadly the pins are too loose in the socket of one of my monitors, so I'm awaiting a reply from Phil @ Cosmic re' this.
I really don't subscribe to the notion that cables can make big differences ( or any difference at all in most cases ) but I must confess that my first impression is of a more prominent low end.
I'm certain this is just placebo though, we'll see.
As far as noise ( mechanical ) goes, these are WAY different to the other cables I've used.
I walk a lot, paved surfaces, and I hear noise through the cable of my CIEM's.
I hear my feet hitting the ground, the edge of my baseball cap nudging the memory wire, friction from the hanging cable rubbing on clothing and even creaking from the wire flexing ( maybe it's the cable moving in the memory wire sheath? ).
And if I'm wearing sunglasses this also presents additional noises.
Usually I consider these noises very minor annoyances that I've gotten used to.
Having used the BA-X cable for around an hour I already know that I wont go back to conventional cables unless the BA-X turns out to be as delicate as it looks/feels.
I have no reason to disbelieve the claims regarding the strength of the BA-X but the delicate feel is going to take some getting used to!
Noise from all the sources mentioned above are GREATLY reduced, practically eliminated in fact.
I can still hear my feet hitting the ground, but less so than before.
This reduction of 'noise' represents to me the equivalent of a large leap in general fidelity, no exaggeration.
I found the cable a little 'tangly' but also found that a bit of a shake undid most of the tangles, not too bad to my mind.
It looks like the music model might be less 'tangly' if you're not planning to go balanced somewhere down the line.
The comfort is a BIG improvement over what I'm used to in CIEM's, and glasses wearers will LOVE these cables, really.
I too think the very short heatshrink cover at the 3.5mm end looks flimsy, but maybe the very flexible nature of the cable ameliorates this.
One additional cost to keep in mind is that you're going to need to spend some cash on a new, smaller CIEM case to prevent everything rattling about in the newly freed up room in your old case!
Now I just need to figure out what to do about the loose fit of the left monitor plug, I trust Phil will sort me out though, he's a legend.post #3996 of 52946/3/14 at 12:50ampost #3997 of 52946/3/14 at 8:53am
anyone needed to get in touch with CE / Phil lately? I have exchanged a few emails with Phil three weeks ago or so but in the last two weeks I have not heard anything despite trying to arrange to get him my SD2s for them to see if they can re-shell. I am aware it is a v busy for them with setting up their London lab and all that.post #3998 of 52946/3/14 at 9:41ampost #3999 of 52946/3/14 at 9:55ampost #4000 of 52946/3/14 at 10:44am
Probably up to his ears. I was in conversation briefly with him today and as has been suggested, he is very close to getting the UK operation up and running. Try him again dude, it will likely have just been overlooked.post #4001 of 52946/3/14 at 12:53pm
Phil "The Legend" Gartell? :) :PQuote:Originally Posted by vrapan
anyone needed to get in touch with CE / Phil lately? I have exchanged a few emails with Phil three weeks ago or so but in the last two weeks I have not heard anything despite trying to arrange to get him my SD2s for them to see if they can re-shell. I am aware it is a v busy for them with setting up their London lab and all that.
Just curious as to why you feel the need to get the Sd's reshelled into customs? I thought one of the main selling points was the fit and finish of the monitors? Unless you are one of the unlucky ones that it didn't fit?post #4002 of 52946/3/14 at 12:54pmQuote:
Because I smashed the left hand shell during indoor wall climbing....post #4003 of 52946/3/14 at 1:20pmpost #4004 of 52946/3/14 at 1:26pmpost #4005 of 52946/3/14 at 1:29pm
Hi, I'm now looking for some info about CE, but slightly confused.
Are CEx same as BAx?
I get there is R-eference and F-un edition of models, I assume that is just for 4 driver model and in future will be for 6 driver?
I'm confused, since sometimes it seems there is E, P, C, M version?
For order, should I go over their webpage eshop, which to me seems missing some possibilities or somehow contact CE directly?
Thanks for responseReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 25 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear