- 981 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Location: Poland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 267post #3991 of 52826/2/14 at 2:31amThe headphonia's review of CE6 was supposed be published at the beginning of April and now we have June:D so we are already waiting 2 months for the review:D
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3992 of 52826/2/14 at 2:51amQuote:
Well if CE didn't deliver the CE6P it's hard to do the review. you should have said: we've been waiting for months for the CE6P alreadypost #3993 of 52826/2/14 at 12:59pm
Due a strange twist of faith, the hifiman RE-600s I ordered were destroyed during the shipment.
And I will be receiving my money back soon.
I'm not too bothered, I was probably going to send them back fairly fast after receiving them.
The good news is, I now have funds for the BA6/CE6p
Btw what is up with those names? Is it the BA6, CE6 or CE6p?!?post #3994 of 52826/2/14 at 1:18pmpost #3995 of 52826/2/14 at 4:48pm
Sorry about the cross-post, but after posting over in the Lignum BaX cable thread, I realised that this might also be a good place for these comments:
Just received my BA-X for my customs today ( customs and cable are from Cosmic )
I too am astonished at how thin the cables are!
Sadly the pins are too loose in the socket of one of my monitors, so I'm awaiting a reply from Phil @ Cosmic re' this.
I really don't subscribe to the notion that cables can make big differences ( or any difference at all in most cases ) but I must confess that my first impression is of a more prominent low end.
I'm certain this is just placebo though, we'll see.
As far as noise ( mechanical ) goes, these are WAY different to the other cables I've used.
I walk a lot, paved surfaces, and I hear noise through the cable of my CIEM's.
I hear my feet hitting the ground, the edge of my baseball cap nudging the memory wire, friction from the hanging cable rubbing on clothing and even creaking from the wire flexing ( maybe it's the cable moving in the memory wire sheath? ).
And if I'm wearing sunglasses this also presents additional noises.
Usually I consider these noises very minor annoyances that I've gotten used to.
Having used the BA-X cable for around an hour I already know that I wont go back to conventional cables unless the BA-X turns out to be as delicate as it looks/feels.
I have no reason to disbelieve the claims regarding the strength of the BA-X but the delicate feel is going to take some getting used to!
Noise from all the sources mentioned above are GREATLY reduced, practically eliminated in fact.
I can still hear my feet hitting the ground, but less so than before.
This reduction of 'noise' represents to me the equivalent of a large leap in general fidelity, no exaggeration.
I found the cable a little 'tangly' but also found that a bit of a shake undid most of the tangles, not too bad to my mind.
It looks like the music model might be less 'tangly' if you're not planning to go balanced somewhere down the line.
The comfort is a BIG improvement over what I'm used to in CIEM's, and glasses wearers will LOVE these cables, really.
I too think the very short heatshrink cover at the 3.5mm end looks flimsy, but maybe the very flexible nature of the cable ameliorates this.
One additional cost to keep in mind is that you're going to need to spend some cash on a new, smaller CIEM case to prevent everything rattling about in the newly freed up room in your old case!
Now I just need to figure out what to do about the loose fit of the left monitor plug, I trust Phil will sort me out though, he's a legend.post #3996 of 52826/3/14 at 12:50ampost #3997 of 52826/3/14 at 8:53am
anyone needed to get in touch with CE / Phil lately? I have exchanged a few emails with Phil three weeks ago or so but in the last two weeks I have not heard anything despite trying to arrange to get him my SD2s for them to see if they can re-shell. I am aware it is a v busy for them with setting up their London lab and all that.post #3998 of 52826/3/14 at 9:41ampost #3999 of 52826/3/14 at 9:55ampost #4000 of 52826/3/14 at 10:44am
Probably up to his ears. I was in conversation briefly with him today and as has been suggested, he is very close to getting the UK operation up and running. Try him again dude, it will likely have just been overlooked.post #4001 of 52826/3/14 at 12:53pm
Phil "The Legend" Gartell? :) :PQuote:Originally Posted by vrapan
anyone needed to get in touch with CE / Phil lately? I have exchanged a few emails with Phil three weeks ago or so but in the last two weeks I have not heard anything despite trying to arrange to get him my SD2s for them to see if they can re-shell. I am aware it is a v busy for them with setting up their London lab and all that.
Just curious as to why you feel the need to get the Sd's reshelled into customs? I thought one of the main selling points was the fit and finish of the monitors? Unless you are one of the unlucky ones that it didn't fit?post #4002 of 52826/3/14 at 12:54pmQuote:
Because I smashed the left hand shell during indoor wall climbing....post #4003 of 52826/3/14 at 1:20pmpost #4004 of 52826/3/14 at 1:26pmpost #4005 of 52826/3/14 at 1:29pm
Hi, I'm now looking for some info about CE, but slightly confused.
Are CEx same as BAx?
I get there is R-eference and F-un edition of models, I assume that is just for 4 driver model and in future will be for 6 driver?
I'm confused, since sometimes it seems there is E, P, C, M version?
For order, should I go over their webpage eshop, which to me seems missing some possibilities or somehow contact CE directly?
Thanks for responseReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Aloha! 4 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 48 seconds ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 50 seconds ago
- › Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi" 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear