Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 264
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I share your excitement about the HY5, wonder when Headphonia is going to publish the BA6 review?
The cable for my HY-TF10 have given up the ghost recently.
It's seen almost daily use for around a year now so it lasted well.
I've ordered the new BA-x cable to replace it.
Looking forward to it as I'm really not a fan of guide wires.
*******, I've had a DX50 since release, considering how much audio gear I've bought the past few months I doubt I'll be upgrading anytime soon
I think the two pin variants benefit from being recessed as the delicate (well, kinda) pins have added support to help resist bending.
It looks to me a though the new connecter is a better design from the perspective of mechanical integrity.
But it looks soooo good recessed.
Almost like a fixed cable.
I sold it because there was just too much hiss with the DX50 -> BA4f. I managed to get €150 for it, you can always do the same? :)
Buying head-fi related stuff really isn't buying. It's more like renting it, untill you sell it to someone else...
I tried to purchase the D-zero to go with my android phone, but the mp4nation.de store is absolutely horrible and after three weeks of not receiving anything I demanded my money back
I'm glad I did, because the DX90 sure as heck sounds better than both previously mentioned DAC-AMPs.
Nah, they'll probably have a DX95 by then. Having 4 Sabre DACs and 17 opamps, en 17 micro sd slots :p
My main issue is there's a tiny line across the top left corner of the screen, everything works perfectly but I feel that would drag the price down too much. I bought a set of hd650's again, panam amp, sansa clip+, CE2E and reshelled BA4F in the past few months. I'm meant to be a student.
If I could get £150 never mind 150EUR I'd be very happy
Do you feel the difference in performance is worth the price? I liked the sound of the fiio X5 although I haven't looked into it much, I do prefer the look of the dx line.
I just flashed my DX50 today with a DX90 firmware port that bypasses android sound processing completely and goes straight to the dac, I'll see how the sound change is when I get my BA4
Edited by daftpolecat - 5/29/14 at 2:49am
Not interested in those 4 dacs or 17 opamps but high capacity is important for me, that is the only reason I haven't bought DX90 now.
Then again by the time I finish the master and get a job, I believe successor of DX100 will be out. Hopefully they will manage to bring the capacity to close to 500 gb.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 9 seconds ago
- › Things to consider before getting your custom IEM impressions done.... 21 seconds ago
- › Shure se215 LTD or Shure se315 or Shure se425? Upgrading from Shure... 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 50 seconds ago
- › Amp/DAC recommendations for DT880 -- best value to bring out the... 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: Sennheiser RS 175 RF Wireless Headphone System (BNIB) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2