I am definitely guilty of buying into hype. But I can't stop myself! Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 259post #3871 of 52945/1/14 at 2:49pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3872 of 52945/1/14 at 3:17pmQuote:
I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.post #3873 of 52945/1/14 at 5:18pmpost #3874 of 52945/2/14 at 12:10amQuote:
No, all I'm saying is that sound is so subjective that you may not find 8/10/12 drivers as good as say a 3/4/6 driver IEM. For me, I've gone full circle on the drivers race, going from 2-3-6-8, and I've finally settled on a company that I feel takes pride in it's work and provides an extremely high price to performance ratio (the fact that my current workhorse CE4P only costs a fraction of my 16s makes me want to kick myself in the behind)post #3875 of 52945/3/14 at 7:38ampost #3876 of 52945/3/14 at 9:31amQuote:
Not me. For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time. I am more interested in the new micro range though :)post #3877 of 52945/3/14 at 10:24amQuote:
Good for your wallet I guesspost #3878 of 52945/3/14 at 10:31ampost #3879 of 52945/3/14 at 12:10pmAs much as I'd like one of everything, I've been waiting for the new hybrid.
I may cave and go for the BA4f (re-named CE4 now?) Instead though as my patience is getting the better of me ( plus the glowing impressions too! ).
The 6 will certainly bebeyond my means though, despite Cosmic's comparatively high value :-(
Bon appetit to those who do get it though.
Is anyone who already has the 4 planning to get the 6?post #3880 of 52945/3/14 at 12:25pmpost #3881 of 52945/3/14 at 1:10pm
There is that :) It's a double edged sword. I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle. I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)post #3882 of 52945/3/14 at 1:40pmQuote:
What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.post #3883 of 52945/3/14 at 1:47pmQuote:
Not enough isolation (have the hd25-II's and bw p5's) as I use the iems at work to block out noise (who want's to listen to people yakking all day when you are trying to concentrate :) ) and I can't wear glasses with them. As I use a vdu monitor for about 7 hours a day that's somewhat of a necessity. I have a pair of micro ma1's which work ok so use those or a westone 3 if I want more bass, but after customs tips just become irritating with the constant pressure that you don't get with a custom fit. A pair of Cosmic Ears ma1's and a Sansa clip plus with a 64 gig card would make a nice starter rig or backup rig tbh!post #3884 of 52945/5/14 at 6:30amQuote:
I want to, though I might choose the CE5. I spoke with Phil about the soundsignature I like and he suggested the CE5 might be a better choice. I have a Unique Melody Miracle and it sounds great but it lacks sparkling highs to my taste. I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Anyway I hope to be able to hear one of them in the near future.post #3885 of 52945/5/14 at 6:38amQuote:Originally Posted by CachicamoQuote:
I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Not neccesarily. Details retrieval does not depend on the number of drivers.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 11 seconds ago
- › Everything clicks/pops/crackles. Am I going insane? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear