I am definitely guilty of buying into hype. But I can't stop myself! Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 259
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.
No, all I'm saying is that sound is so subjective that you may not find 8/10/12 drivers as good as say a 3/4/6 driver IEM. For me, I've gone full circle on the drivers race, going from 2-3-6-8, and I've finally settled on a company that I feel takes pride in it's work and provides an extremely high price to performance ratio (the fact that my current workhorse CE4P only costs a fraction of my 16s makes me want to kick myself in the behind)
Not me. For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time. I am more interested in the new micro range though :)
Good for your wallet I guess
I may cave and go for the BA4f (re-named CE4 now?) Instead though as my patience is getting the better of me ( plus the glowing impressions too! ).
The 6 will certainly bebeyond my means though, despite Cosmic's comparatively high value :-(
Bon appetit to those who do get it though.
Is anyone who already has the 4 planning to get the 6?
There is that :) It's a double edged sword. I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle. I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)
What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.
Not enough isolation (have the hd25-II's and bw p5's) as I use the iems at work to block out noise (who want's to listen to people yakking all day when you are trying to concentrate :) ) and I can't wear glasses with them. As I use a vdu monitor for about 7 hours a day that's somewhat of a necessity. I have a pair of micro ma1's which work ok so use those or a westone 3 if I want more bass, but after customs tips just become irritating with the constant pressure that you don't get with a custom fit. A pair of Cosmic Ears ma1's and a Sansa clip plus with a 64 gig card would make a nice starter rig or backup rig tbh!
I want to, though I might choose the CE5. I spoke with Phil about the soundsignature I like and he suggested the CE5 might be a better choice. I have a Unique Melody Miracle and it sounds great but it lacks sparkling highs to my taste. I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Anyway I hope to be able to hear one of them in the near future.
I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Not neccesarily. Details retrieval does not depend on the number of drivers.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 seconds ago
- › help, i need someone with a good knowledge of OHMS 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Good headphones for $200 budget? 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Bought the Grado SR60e Headphones - Too bright for me and I need... 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › T1 for $650? 6 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)