I am definitely guilty of buying into hype. But I can't stop myself! Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 259post #3871 of 52935/1/14 at 2:49pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3872 of 52935/1/14 at 3:17pmQuote:
I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.post #3873 of 52935/1/14 at 5:18pmpost #3874 of 52935/2/14 at 12:10amQuote:
No, all I'm saying is that sound is so subjective that you may not find 8/10/12 drivers as good as say a 3/4/6 driver IEM. For me, I've gone full circle on the drivers race, going from 2-3-6-8, and I've finally settled on a company that I feel takes pride in it's work and provides an extremely high price to performance ratio (the fact that my current workhorse CE4P only costs a fraction of my 16s makes me want to kick myself in the behind)post #3875 of 52935/3/14 at 7:38ampost #3876 of 52935/3/14 at 9:31amQuote:
Not me. For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time. I am more interested in the new micro range though :)post #3877 of 52935/3/14 at 10:24amQuote:
Good for your wallet I guesspost #3878 of 52935/3/14 at 10:31ampost #3879 of 52935/3/14 at 12:10pmAs much as I'd like one of everything, I've been waiting for the new hybrid.
I may cave and go for the BA4f (re-named CE4 now?) Instead though as my patience is getting the better of me ( plus the glowing impressions too! ).
The 6 will certainly bebeyond my means though, despite Cosmic's comparatively high value :-(
Bon appetit to those who do get it though.
Is anyone who already has the 4 planning to get the 6?post #3880 of 52935/3/14 at 12:25pmpost #3881 of 52935/3/14 at 1:10pm
There is that :) It's a double edged sword. I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle. I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)post #3882 of 52935/3/14 at 1:40pmQuote:
What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.post #3883 of 52935/3/14 at 1:47pmQuote:
Not enough isolation (have the hd25-II's and bw p5's) as I use the iems at work to block out noise (who want's to listen to people yakking all day when you are trying to concentrate :) ) and I can't wear glasses with them. As I use a vdu monitor for about 7 hours a day that's somewhat of a necessity. I have a pair of micro ma1's which work ok so use those or a westone 3 if I want more bass, but after customs tips just become irritating with the constant pressure that you don't get with a custom fit. A pair of Cosmic Ears ma1's and a Sansa clip plus with a 64 gig card would make a nice starter rig or backup rig tbh!post #3884 of 52935/5/14 at 6:30amQuote:
I want to, though I might choose the CE5. I spoke with Phil about the soundsignature I like and he suggested the CE5 might be a better choice. I have a Unique Melody Miracle and it sounds great but it lacks sparkling highs to my taste. I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Anyway I hope to be able to hear one of them in the near future.post #3885 of 52935/5/14 at 6:38amQuote:Originally Posted by CachicamoQuote:
I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Not neccesarily. Details retrieval does not depend on the number of drivers.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Earbuds Round-Up 56 seconds ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil with Black Quantum fuse and Nordost Blue Heaven... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Closed equivalent of Audioquest Nighthawks? 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear