I am definitely guilty of buying into hype. But I can't stop myself! Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
T-PEOS is at it again… this time with the intention of pleasing the consumer market by offering an excellent sounding earphone without breaking the bank. The Altone 200 is the latest 3-way...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
This is an amazing ultra portable amp. I paid 99$ for it and couldn't be happier. Sound This amp has one of the best soundstage i've heard for this price , if not the best. The soundstage can...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 259
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.
No, all I'm saying is that sound is so subjective that you may not find 8/10/12 drivers as good as say a 3/4/6 driver IEM. For me, I've gone full circle on the drivers race, going from 2-3-6-8, and I've finally settled on a company that I feel takes pride in it's work and provides an extremely high price to performance ratio (the fact that my current workhorse CE4P only costs a fraction of my 16s makes me want to kick myself in the behind)
Not me. For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time. I am more interested in the new micro range though :)
Good for your wallet I guess
I may cave and go for the BA4f (re-named CE4 now?) Instead though as my patience is getting the better of me ( plus the glowing impressions too! ).
The 6 will certainly bebeyond my means though, despite Cosmic's comparatively high value :-(
Bon appetit to those who do get it though.
Is anyone who already has the 4 planning to get the 6?
There is that :) It's a double edged sword. I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle. I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)
What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.
Not enough isolation (have the hd25-II's and bw p5's) as I use the iems at work to block out noise (who want's to listen to people yakking all day when you are trying to concentrate :) ) and I can't wear glasses with them. As I use a vdu monitor for about 7 hours a day that's somewhat of a necessity. I have a pair of micro ma1's which work ok so use those or a westone 3 if I want more bass, but after customs tips just become irritating with the constant pressure that you don't get with a custom fit. A pair of Cosmic Ears ma1's and a Sansa clip plus with a 64 gig card would make a nice starter rig or backup rig tbh!
I want to, though I might choose the CE5. I spoke with Phil about the soundsignature I like and he suggested the CE5 might be a better choice. I have a Unique Melody Miracle and it sounds great but it lacks sparkling highs to my taste. I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Anyway I hope to be able to hear one of them in the near future.
I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Not neccesarily. Details retrieval does not depend on the number of drivers.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 4 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Astrotec AX35 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone advice? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › The best portable headphones for metal under $250? 4 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Reference 10 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 6 minutes ago
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Questyle Co.,ltd CMA800 amplifier by project86
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)