I am definitely guilty of buying into hype. But I can't stop myself! Only for whatever reason the new JHA Roxannes don't really appeal - massive cable with proprietary connectors suspiciously similar looking (if heftier) to the awful MMCX ones on the UE900.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 259
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I think at one point or another we're all guilty of buying into the hype. I used to think that my Jh16 was the end-all for me, and nothing less than 8 drivers per ear would suffice, but after getting the BA4 I have not used the 16s since.
No, all I'm saying is that sound is so subjective that you may not find 8/10/12 drivers as good as say a 3/4/6 driver IEM. For me, I've gone full circle on the drivers race, going from 2-3-6-8, and I've finally settled on a company that I feel takes pride in it's work and provides an extremely high price to performance ratio (the fact that my current workhorse CE4P only costs a fraction of my 16s makes me want to kick myself in the behind)
Not me. For some reason full shell customs and I don't mix that easily and it's a hassle every time. I am more interested in the new micro range though :)
Good for your wallet I guess
I may cave and go for the BA4f (re-named CE4 now?) Instead though as my patience is getting the better of me ( plus the glowing impressions too! ).
The 6 will certainly bebeyond my means though, despite Cosmic's comparatively high value :-(
Bon appetit to those who do get it though.
Is anyone who already has the 4 planning to get the 6?
There is that :) It's a double edged sword. I can't seem to go back to universals after trying out customs, but customs are such a pita for me that it's not worth the potential hassle. I think I have unwittingly found out how to cure upgrade itis :)
What about headphones? I know portability and requiring much more power than average iem can be an issue but maybe it can solve your problems.
Not enough isolation (have the hd25-II's and bw p5's) as I use the iems at work to block out noise (who want's to listen to people yakking all day when you are trying to concentrate :) ) and I can't wear glasses with them. As I use a vdu monitor for about 7 hours a day that's somewhat of a necessity. I have a pair of micro ma1's which work ok so use those or a westone 3 if I want more bass, but after customs tips just become irritating with the constant pressure that you don't get with a custom fit. A pair of Cosmic Ears ma1's and a Sansa clip plus with a 64 gig card would make a nice starter rig or backup rig tbh!
I want to, though I might choose the CE5. I spoke with Phil about the soundsignature I like and he suggested the CE5 might be a better choice. I have a Unique Melody Miracle and it sounds great but it lacks sparkling highs to my taste. I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Anyway I hope to be able to hear one of them in the near future.
I like the 6 driver-idea though because a good level of detail is important to me and I think that with 6 drivers that would be more present than with 5. Am I right?
Not neccesarily. Details retrieval does not depend on the number of drivers.
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 33 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › AK100II For Sale. As new, looking for appreciative home 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › N> Buy Recommendation in a All-Purpose Headphone for Competitve Gaming 6 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 7 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player 8 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2