The eagle has landed and the flex micros are in my ears :) Off to the gym to try these babies out!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 26post #376 of 529410/4/12 at 9:54am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #377 of 529410/4/12 at 10:07am
I just called the audiologist to set up an appointment for them ear impressions and luckily they can get me in today so that's awesome.
What are most of you getting the full custom or are there quite a few getting the half and micro sets?post #378 of 529410/4/12 at 10:53amQuote:
I think I'll probably end up getting the full custom. I already have some phonaks which are good if I need something very small, and I'd like something that really covers up the entire outer ear. Given 86's comments, it might also be easier to get a seal on the full customspost #379 of 529410/4/12 at 11:16amYes and I want the awesome seal of a full custom like when I had the impression in!post #380 of 529410/4/12 at 1:21pm
Pulled the triger on Flex model single dynamic driver with premium detachable cable, also one extra cable and with shipping the price was 173$. Just awesome. Made ear impressions at local audiologist for 10$ pair and sent them to Cosmic for 3$ by air mail. So total spent is 186$. For comparison there are a lot of universal IEMs far more expensive and you won't get a good seal and comfort like with CIEMs. Hope that this money are good investment.
Edited by TiEx - 10/4/12 at 1:22pmpost #381 of 529410/4/12 at 1:32pm
Hey tiex, after reading your post, I got a little curious. If you were going to get the flex, why not get it with a single balanced armature instead? Also, couldn't you have just gotten the pure model, or did you want the detachable top exit cable?post #382 of 529410/4/12 at 1:54pm
I wanted detachable cable because you can change it if it breaks or wears out and also extra cable just added extra 20$ and that is cheap. Dynamic driver can deliver deep and rumbling bass that you won't hear from single armature driver. Rather then that armature can give a more detailed sound in midrange and highs than dynamic one. But I am looking for something to enjoy pop, dubstep, electronic, some of rap and beats, rock, some of classical music and it's hard to find major part of this music in hi-rez quality, so I gues dynamic driver is a good match for me.
Edited by TiEx - 10/4/12 at 1:56pmpost #383 of 529410/4/12 at 1:56pm
Turns out I have very uniquely shaped ear canals, mine actually get bigger after the second bend which the audiologist said she's only seen that in people that had this old sugary they did back in the day. I wonder if that effects the way hear things and they way I hear IEM's, you'd think it would effect it somewhat with a larger opening to the eardrum.post #384 of 529410/4/12 at 3:01pmNew post by Phil about recessed sockets:
I know most here already know this, but I think the photos he posted are pretty cool!post #385 of 529410/4/12 at 3:06pmpost #386 of 529410/4/12 at 3:10pmQuote:
The dynamic driver set up would probably be the best for bass and they only cost around $100 which is crazy cheap for a custom IEM. I think the most common size is full which is what are regular CIEM looks like and I think that's what most people are getting.post #387 of 529410/4/12 at 6:43pmQuote:
So wouldn't that mean that the HY2 and HY3 options would have more bass? In a hybrid set-up the dynamic would only need to focus on lows, right? I hope I'm wrong, cause I could maybe afford the single dynamic!post #388 of 529410/4/12 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by iPhone IEM
New post by Phil about recessed sockets:
I know most here already know this, but I think the photos he posted are pretty cool!
Indeed. Most of us know this now, but that's so much clearer than wordy explanations!post #389 of 529410/4/12 at 11:21pmQuote:
Oh yes for sure but I was just going by that the OP said "cheaper models" so I mentioned those but if the OP was wanting to spend more I would have suggested those.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 56 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 58 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 1 minute ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP Onkyo dp-s1 rubato/ Pioneer XDP-30R private 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear