I've a couple of pairs of Acrylics (Merlin and Cosmic Ears early 2BA) and they're super comfortable, I'm tempted to try Silicone though... decisions, decisions...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCosmic Ears - CE2C CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/8/14
- productCosmic Ears - CE2E CIEMtagged by daftpolecat, 6/4/14
- productCosmic Ears Flextagged by System, 9/13/12
- productCosmic Ears Puretagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me convince my parents to let me get CIEM's for Christmas? Last post on 9/21/13 at 4:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) - Page 244post #3646 of 52943/6/14 at 5:03am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3647 of 52943/6/14 at 7:16amQuote:
I have tried quite a few customs so far, and TBH, if you get a good fit, silicon or acrylic are super comfortable. Silicon is harder to insert when dry though. If you do want to go for silicon customs, try and get ones with removable cables. mine died on me because the part joining the cable to the custom failed.post #3648 of 52943/6/14 at 7:18amQuote:Which silicone customs you are referring to?Originally Posted by davtse
I have tried quite a few customs so far, and TBH, if you get a good fit, silicon or acrylic are super comfortable. Silicon is harder to insert when dry though. If you do want to go for silicon customs, try and get ones with removable cables. mine died on me because the part joining the cable to the custom failed.
Regarding the difference between acrylic and sillicone I would also add that it is far more harder to pull out the sillicone ciems than the acrylic ones.post #3649 of 52943/6/14 at 7:19amQuote:
I have the minerva mi-pro. yup, unless you have sweaty ears, its harder to remove them too.post #3650 of 52943/6/14 at 7:42am
Don't mean to derail the Cosmic Ears chat but how are the Mi Pro's? Not many reviews around for their products so hard to know how they compare to others in that price range (Cosmic Ears included!)post #3651 of 52943/6/14 at 7:48amQuote:
well... I actually only got them to try out silicon. I think they're comparable to cosmicears BA2 although you pay alot less for the BA2. If it's comfort you're really looking for, use phil's prefit service. Both silicon and acrylic have the potential to be very comfortable, although I would go with the acrylic because of my cable troubles with the silicon.post #3652 of 52943/6/14 at 8:05amI prefer the arylic as well (but in my case mainly due to the more easier insertion/pulling of acrylic ciems as well as this feeling of sillicone sticking to the ear canal - I don't know how to describe it).post #3653 of 52943/6/14 at 9:42amQuote:
I know what you mean, my friend feels exactly the same way about them but it doesnt bother me as much.still, a well fitted pair of acrylics for me!! ITS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!post #3654 of 52943/7/14 at 3:46amMy reshells are being posted today! Very excited. Phil has also made his own crossover for them as the UE900 didn't measure well.
The prefit service was great - it proved my left shell fitted perfectly but right was a little tight. Fingers and toes crossed it fits now!post #3655 of 52943/7/14 at 7:12amQuote:
well... I never used the pre-fit service, Phil made my customs from my impressions and mere descriptions, both fit me perfectly!post #3656 of 52943/7/14 at 8:08amQuote:
After using it for a little bit now (not even half an hour LOL), at the risk of sounding like a cheap sanitary pad commercial, its like not wearing anything at all!!!!post #3657 of 52943/7/14 at 9:38ampost #3658 of 52943/7/14 at 9:48am
Yup it definitely is! Phil has the same cable for the 2 pin config (the original design). Very tempted to get them for my reshell. They sure mean it when they say "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet" huh?post #3659 of 52943/7/14 at 10:07ampost #3660 of 52943/7/14 at 10:18amQuote:
I'll try and get them up during the weekend, right now the light isnt very conducive in my dorm room.
I'm not an expert at sonic descriptions and stuff, but damn, my jaw dropped when I first listened to the BA4.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 23 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Koss KTXPRO1....an awesome portable headphone! 41 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear